Reviews for Reconnecting to What's Important
gwen24 chapter 4 . 3/22/2012
that was such a sweet story. really well done.
Daisy1966 chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
Hi, Jenn.

Loved this story. Like Lindsay said, Danny doesn't have to be reassured if he is a good father, he is absolutely a great father and husband. But when he needs reassurance, it is only Lindsay who can give it to him. The moment between Danny and Lucy is so heartwarming. I love Danny and Lindsay's interaction so much. Thank you so much for sharing and letting me enjoy this.

afrozenheart412 chapter 4 . 1/4/2012
You continue to amaze me, with the way you challenge and dig deep into a situation that would normally make that man a regular butt. But he wasn't, he was struggling just like Danny was with the concept of being a great father. And you did it with the this line that says everything:

"You might not get to spend all the time with them that you want to but make the most of what time you do get. Sometimes it really is the quality rather than the quantity that matters."

I was really prepared like Danny to tell this guy off, but to see how much he has really grown us...oh you made me cry with how freaking EXCELLENT THIS IS! I even hope that he and Lucy saw them at the puppet show and that this was a turning point for him and his kids. Will he pop up again in your stories?

The drama of setting this along side of Jo's attack by Curtis and giving us Danny's side of it was freaking wonderful! I love how we even saw his worry for his friend and colleague along with the relief that Lindsay wasn't there. The only thing that sparked a question in me is how could he be so upset about Jo snapping at Lindsay when he is also guilty of doing the same in Flag On The Play? I love how she knew that it was only words, but just once I'd want to see her stop and stand up for herself in the quiet yet dignified manner she has.

The laughter that you wrote in here to balance out the drama was perfect! I had to pause and snicker at the thought of Lucy having fun with Daddy with Hot and Cold, god that is such a fun game to play with your parents. And seeing that Danny had to call in reinforcements, only makes me love him more! He isn't Superman and he shouldn't have to be, there are going to be times when he is at the end of his rope but he'll handle it because he loves them. :)

I LOVE all of the lines in here but this moment is the best:

"I'm a good father, right?" His heart was telling him that he was despite all his worries but he wanted to hear it from Lindsay one more time. She walked back to him and wrapped her arm around his waist before kissing him once again. Then she bit her lip.

"No." His face fell instantly but she brushed a hand lovingly against his cheek. "Look at her, Danny. She's healthy and happy and adores you more than anything. You aren't a good father; you are a great father. And you're a great husband. You shouldn't need me or anyone else to tell you that. But if you need me to, I'll be happy to remind you of that as much as I have to."

His smile returned as he kissed her once again. "I love you, Lindsay. And maybe I'm crazy for worrying about this so much but if it makes me appreciate what I've been given then I'm going to spend as much time as I can proving to myself that I am that husband and father people look at in public and want to be."

And not to leave out Don, the buddy humor and appreciation was AWESOME, especially how this has inspired him to take Sam out to show her how much he loves her. She needs that, heck they both do!

...if I may ask, what is that inappropriate puppet show? Sounds very interesting, LOL! Again, thank you for running with this especially at a time when you had a lot more pressing issues at hand to worry about. :)
liverpoolss chapter 4 . 1/3/2012
loved this story and thanks for the help with finding the story I was looking for
RandomTVFan30 chapter 4 . 1/2/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story. You did a great job.
webdlfan chapter 4 . 1/2/2012
Love how Lindsay can solve the problem from the crime scene. Great/D/L interaction. They really do tagteam well XD, in your story!
Daisy1966 chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
Hi, Jenn.

This is awesome! I love the entire chapter, especially the scene Danny and Lindsay danced sweetly not to mention the ending part. LOL! Your story always makes me happy and my heart warm, because I can feel their unwavering love. Every time I read your stories, I can believe it. Thank you so much for sharing this chapter. Can't wait for more.

afrozenheart412 chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
You are the master, and if this review crosses over into sucking up...I can't help it because you laid on us the BEST lines I've seen on this board:

"Now, if you aren't careful you are going to get your wish with the handcuffs but it'll be with one of the biggest, meanest officers I can think to call. I hear there's a two for one special on cavity searches tonight at the local precinct. Want to try your luck there?"

LMFAO! Oh to be Flack when he drags that guy in! This was both romantic and funny, which suits Danny and Lindsay perfectly. They are both serious but with an edge that allows the fun to slide in. Mac even had his shot with the super powers, LOL! And you did have me chuckling at Danny wondering if he should tell Mac about the hot date. He should know that by now that Lindsay is one of his favorite people, like a sister, and even though he wouldn't allow them to slack off he does understand what it takes to keep a marriage on track.

Don's part in this was great as well, though I do hope that we get a scene (if only to prolong this) where they both talk to each other about what they were trying to do. Danny and Don's friendships is one of the reasons we all love this show. :) Danny is so freaking HAWT in here with his button downs and his jeans...ah, to be Lindsay for even a moment! ;D She looks great as well, but then she always does with the way she can light up the room for Danny wearing a burlap sack if she wanted to. LOL.

The drunk, yeah, that line was cheesy but I love how we see that when the love of her life lays it on her it is the most romantic thing she's heard. When its meant, its real. My favorite moment has to be when they are dancing. Fast or slow, knowing that the best thing in the world to both of them is holding each other...now that makes my day! And it clearly made theirs when Cozy's closed while they were lost in their own world. Marvelous job!
RandomTVFan30 chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
I really enjoyed this chapter. Great ideas you have coming up in here.
afrozenheart412 chapter 2 . 12/24/2011
Anna is a pistol and I LOVE HER! She has to show up in more of your stories because if she is already wanting a second date to talk about his sex life...this is a woman who won't ignored! LOL! This is hands down the sweetness thing Danny has ever done! And I can totally see her bragging about the wonderful date she was taken on to her friends.

You nearly KILLED me with laughter when she asked him if he was gay, and then back tracked saying he couldn't be because he was married and a father. She is a marvelously sweet woman. I'm happy that she had a great time with him, that it opened up channels between them that maybe weren't there before. Because by talking to him about her father, she laid to rest some of his fears that he was putting work ahead of his family life. I still have to say that Danny could never do that. He is all to aware of what he would lose. :) One thing though, if his mother can command him to put back the glasses...will a vote from his fans do the same? Because I miss the glasses he was so hawt in them! :D
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
*huge hugs* THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D This is amazing, I adore how you showed us that this had lot to do with Danny's past, present, and future of his family! Sort of stopping a Christmas Carol from happening! His time with his grandfather was pure anguish, with how much Danny loves him and how much his grandfather was trying to make up for not being close with his kids to reconnecting with his grandchildren. It was so hard to see Danny witness his last breath...you definitely hit my heart with your words.

Danny coming home after a long day, I love Danny and the responsibility he was given, but because he was so worried about losing touch with his family should have showed him how that would never happen. Heck, Lindsay would be right to slug him but I love the kiss she gave him instead. He'd never lose sight of what is important to him, never! I did get a BIG laugh at Lucy's drawing, the stick figures of Danny and Lucy but it was Lindsay's hairdo that had me rolling on the floor! XD Oh she, they both have a treasure in Lucy. As for his response to the article, LMAO! That is why I watched Big Love, to see how people do it. Why else do the guys complain about having one woman? Because its difficult enough, that's why! :D That man is a genius, to take the women in his life out for a night to show how much he loves them. I'm glad that Mac sent him there. Almost like fate!
Daisy1966 chapter 2 . 12/24/2011
Hi, Jenn.

What a sweet date Danny had with his mother! The entire scene between Mother and his son was so sweet and heart warming.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I cannot wait to see what kind of date Danny had for his daughter and his wife.

Miny23 chapter 2 . 12/22/2011
Update again soon, Love the story.
mckenzie chapter 2 . 12/22/2011
love love love love it...so sweet...please update soon...and happy holidays...
Daisy1966 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Hi, Jenn.

The beginning part was so painful that it hurt. You captured Danny's grief for his grandfather's death beautifully. And also portrayed incredibly beautifully how much he missed his family; his wife and daughter. But I'm glad that Lindsay was there for him and support him. I'm looking forward to seeing how things go on. Can't wait for the next chapter. Thank you so much for sharing this.