Reviews for Never Go Home Again
Kawaii Rin-chan chapter 2 . 11/6/2014
I liked this! I mean, the books never really tied up on what actually happened, but, you did a great job with the in characterization. 3
TeresaLynne chapter 2 . 8/23/2013
All in all, Marian's father would be better off facing Saetan than Daemon after he dies. As Lucivar said, Daemon could be far more vicious than his father when warranted. Many thanks for posting this! The Black Jewels books are among my favorites! :)
Guest chapter 2 . 5/10/2013
I wish there was more. I would like to see how here sisters now react towards Marian. Good story.
RenkonNairu chapter 2 . 5/18/2012
I liked how Marian dealt with them. It was so very in-character for her. Gentle and kind (undeservingly kind), but still strong. It was perfect. Satean's parting comment -even better.

Well, this seems fairly well concluded, but I notice you don't have a "Complete" tag on it. Are you planning to continue?
RenkonNairu chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I'm also a fan of the 'Sympathy for the Devil' trope and have enjoyed this first chapter. It was well written with clear description, wasn't to wordy and only had a spare few typos.

I really like your premises, but there is one kinda big flaw in it. That's that, to get to Riada in the first place, they'd have to go through the service fairs and be hand-picked by Lucivar to be allowed to live in Ebon Rhi. So, he'd know if Marian's family came to Kalear. ...And I don't really think Luci would be all that jazzed to let them into his territory. That's the only real flaw I see.

I do still like the story, however, and do hope you continue it. I see your last update was in January, I hope you haven't forgotten about this.

Please update.
Ana Hazel chapter 2 . 4/13/2012
I really like your story. There is not nearly enough Marian/Lucivar stories here.

I'd love more.
Wind-Prinzessin chapter 2 . 3/5/2012
Now, that's more like it :-)

The new family against the old.

But in the very beginning you write: ... while the three men glared at us. At that moment only Lucivar and Saetan are present.

I would think that this story happens perhaps half a year before Daemon comes to Kaeleer. (Daemonars age doesn't fit exactly but it's close enough)

Not sure if that's the way you wanted it.

I think it would make your story more lively if you used more of the other characters. The story is from Marian's father's point-of-view (wow, that looks funny but I don't think his name was ever mentioned) but Dorian or Marian's sisters should act a bit more. You brought them into the scene - use them. I expect there will be another chapter and with him gone they will talk but I have no idea what you will make them say because you didn't define them upto now. Tell me something about them.

I can imagine the Healer being kind and just to young to see what was happening to her older sister or she could be snide like Luthvian. You got a lot of possibilities there. Play with them.

Wish you the best
Wind-Prinzessin chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Interesting idea.

But I stumbled about a few points:

1) Jaenelle took the corpses with her, they were transported to Hell and Saetan dealt with them, they could not have been found. But if her father would have expected her to survive, it would be possible that he went to look for her (perhaps took the Healer in training with him) and they found the blood.

2) If the family went to Kaeleer, there is only one way they would have ended up in Ebon Rih - having a contract with Lucivar and being approved by Jaenelle. Now, Jaenelle wouldn't approve a man who sold his daughter to get raped...

I think she would want Marian to meet her former family just like she herself dealt with Alexandra Angelline when she came to Kaleer but Marian would get to choose the conditions of a meeting (well, of course in a manner that the other members of her new family can agree to) and they would probably be very intimidated by the time they get to see her. Which could result in snapping at her because they don't really understand the situation.

3) Marian's father got a higher position in Kaeleer than he had in Tereille - even if his character is altered the way you did that's just highly unlikely.
Robina Snyder chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
Written on a cellphone. Forgive the choppiness. I think this is an interesting idea. I'm just not sure about the manner that you go about it. It's fairly heavily implied that marian's father is not the kind of person who would survive the purge. That being said, I also dislike how sympathetic you make him, but I also think that him still justifying it is good. I'm also not sure of marian's reaction to seeing her father again. I always assumed that her father would have died in the purge even if the rest survived. I also feel like lucivar would instantly contact his father and get him to come help bury marian's father. All that being said, I am interested in seeing more of this. I'd like to see where this is headed.
Pern Dreamer chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Very good! Please, do give us more!
lethe2011 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Very interesting! I hadn't thought about Marian's family at all, but I think you've got a good creative concept going. You may have gone a little AU (not that it's a bad thing; I certainly did so with Saetan, LOL) because Marian's father wasn't tainted but he WAS a bully - he physically beat Marian, that was clearly inferred in "Dreams".

Writing about the reunion would be tough - it'll be a complex and emotion-charged scene - but I think it would add immensely to the storyline.