Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Protect
andrewpine chapter 15 . 3/30
What can she do to protect but not screw up their fate?
andrewpine chapter 14 . 3/30
I am enjoying this tale very much and am looking forward to see how you complete Lane's journey.
andrewpine chapter 11 . 3/30
Still wondering which one if either of the Elves she will end up with.
andrewpine chapter 6 . 3/30
Women are now allowed in combat (2017). I read another story where the sixty-five thousand year old female Elf was a virgin until she found her other. so they don't even kiss each other.
andrewpine chapter 4 . 3/30
I believe there will be some surprised Orcs when they decide to attack this group.i wonder if she has extra clips?
andrewpine chapter 1 . 3/30
Well that sucked.
Carri007 chapter 16 . 1/26
Wow, I really love this story. Firstly, I appreciate your combination of book and movie details and scenes, while still keeping it from being tied to the original flow. Fics too often only deal with the movies.
You also did a great job mixing the our world with Tolkien's. By giving a hint of the fantastical, namely including the existence of the fae, to the real world, you were able to make Lane's appearance in Middle Earth that much more believable.
I really love your characters! They all feel very real, especially Lane and Legolas. You've done a lovely job progressing their relationship in a slow and natural way.
I also like that you do no not force Lane to always stay with the Fellowship. It's her character that decides where she goes. Speaking of her character, Lane is very unique in the world of fanfics! The marine/cop combo works extremely well to make sure she's not a helpless freeloader, and yet she can still be vulnerable (and Legolas too! But in a way that doesn't make him wishy-washy).
Hearing Lane's thoughts on culture differences towards the beginning was also interesting. Most stories only address the differences as they affect various actions, so simply viewing her internal reactions was very refreshing.
Basically, amazing story!
And now, onward to the sequel, to discover how Lane may or may not change Middle Earth! (And to find out when the heck she and Legolas are finally going to hook up.)
Fiera Evenstar chapter 16 . 5/29/2016
I love how you bring out that part of her that wants to help a fellow soldier, regardless of affecting the future. And then I also love how you let destiny take its course with his death. Even if it makes me sad. Excuse me, gotta go find that box of Kleenex...where are you sneeky little-sniff-blighters?
Fiera Evenstar chapter 14 . 5/29/2016
A wandering Ranger of the North giving a Elf that is centuries older than him love advice. That entire scene was priceless.
Fiera Evenstar chapter 13 . 5/29/2016
This has been my favourite chapter so far! This story is truly fabulous!
SortingHat chapter 2 . 4/1/2016
Thank you for doing your best to avoid the Mary Sue trap!
SortingHat chapter 1 . 4/1/2016
Not enough information. For example did the child kill the OC or did someone nearby did?
Erika chapter 13 . 2/7/2016
A chapter on Legolas' thoughts would be much appreciated and a welcome change to Lane's POV - there's nothing wrong with her POV though.

Loved the story so far. All the best !
(No pressure )
-Erika
LittleWesties9 chapter 14 . 1/8/2016
...urgh. Just get together already jeez.
LittleWesties9 chapter 12 . 1/8/2016
Dammit Legolas! All you would've had to say was "me" -.-' ... I sorta feel bad for Haldir