Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Protect
pineapple-pancake chapter 16 . 3/27
Great story. I will start reading the next book, but before, I wanted to comment this one first.
I thought that Elaine would stay in Lothlorien and then join the fellowship again when Haldir marches to Helms Deep, where he dies as well. I thought she would accept Haldir proposal, but maybe not marry each other but being something like friends with benefits. Yet I do like how it turns out in this story, because the experience of a failed marriage, plus the knowledge of the risk involved in breaking an elf's heart, are good reasons to avoid that arrangement.
pineapple-pancake chapter 5 . 3/26
Hahaha it doesn't matter if she is a bit Mary Sue or not, it is a very good story. I have really liked so far how you have expressed the thoughts of Lane, and also all the lines are very good and original.
It was really unexpected the hole Fairies situation in the story. I was expecting a modern girls falls into middle earth story, and I am also used to crossovers where I know the 'other world', instead, you started with something different, and adding a curse of a gipsy (that she didn't understand the words) all quite unexpected and original, quite elaborate as well.
I am really happy to have found this story. There are other stories of LOTR with more favorites that are not nearly as good as this one.
Thank you for writing and publishing this story.
lilforgetfull1 chapter 3 . 3/6
Looks interesting
Montara chapter 17 . 11/26/2017
Glad there's a sequel!
Montara chapter 16 . 11/26/2017
Legolas confessed his feelings :D Too bad she's so scared of embracing hers.

Boromir still dies :((( And I think Lane will be captured and maybe tortured by the orcs :((((
Montara chapter 15 . 11/26/2017
Andreth is such a good friend.

Galadriel's gifts imply something bad will happen to Lane and she'll need those reminders...brrr...
Montara chapter 14 . 11/26/2017
And now we know what Legolas meant when he said, "I cannot." At least Aragorn talked with him and set him straight. Too bad Lane made him doubt Aragorn's words.
Montara chapter 13 . 11/26/2017
She's going with the Fellowship, even with such temping offers.
Montara chapter 12 . 11/26/2017
"Give me a reason to go. Give me a reason." "I cannot" - why did he tell her that?! It's obvious that he loves her!
Montara chapter 11 . 11/26/2017
Two years as a prisoner! Poor woman! She's so strong!

Haldir kissed her...I was thinking, "No, what about Legolas?!" :))
Montara chapter 10 . 11/26/2017
She blocked Galadriel! Wow!

And she's making friends. An almost paradise, indeed.
Montara chapter 9 . 11/26/2017
Lane's father...brrr. :(((

So...elves can be intimate without giving their hearts...I wonder why Haldir confessed something like that?!
Montara chapter 8 . 11/26/2017
Aragorn punched her! Never saw that coming!

The talk with Boromir was heartbreaking :(

And Legolas is still on her side...