Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Protect
The EarthSong chapter 5 . 5/17/2013
Really fun story so far. I was wondering just what Lane looked like. I imagined her looking like Jo from the TV show Eureka, just cuz she's so tough. I like that and I like her red hair. My daughter is a redhead, not quite auburn, but a darker copper, but she lucked out and got my more olive toned skin. She tans awesome! lucky girl, a redhead that tans. Anyway, am totally emjoying your story and I can't wait to read more. Was a little worried it'd be cheesey, but it's not. OH, and anyone who'd call a redhead a Mary Sue, obviously doesn't know a true redhead. Ha!
WyldwoodFaye chapter 16 . 5/14/2013
Lame! I wanted Boromir to live! **pouts**
I'm kinda pissed at Lane's decision.. I would have chosen differently. But I suppose she is not me.. so...
:'( **cries**
WyldwoodFaye chapter 14 . 5/14/2013
Stupid Legolas... **face palm** Just grab the lady & kiss her senseless!
WyldwoodFaye chapter 13 . 5/14/2013
Um... that was kinda stupid to give up her guns.. I would have kept them.. although I did read another story where a modern woman came to ME with guns & she was worried that the people of ME would recreate them & then have a more lethal weapon on their hands.
WyldwoodFaye chapter 12 . 5/14/2013
wtf Legolas! You are obviously in love with her! Give her a reason, dammit!
WyldwoodFaye chapter 11 . 5/14/2013
LOVE TRIAAAAAAANGLE! HEHE
Great story! I keep forgetting to write you another review because I am eagerly clicking to the next chapter!
I love how you reveal her past bit by bit. I liked the reasoning why she did not wish to go into Moria.. very believable on both counts. I particularly liked your description of how she is a Skye Faye.. & how that caused her to be affected more deeply being imprisoned in a cave. I wonder, being part Faye, how her aging process & lifespan would compare to Legolas?
I must say I was quite shocked when Aragorn hit her... but I suppose he had started viewing her as man, just like she asked, so... I still find it OOC though.. Aragorn does not strike me as a man with a temper.. even in moments of heightened emotion. I fully expect him to apologize for his actions... very dishonourable for a man to hit a woman (his POV).
WyldwoodFaye chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
This is great... I really like your OC & I am very intrigued by her past experiences with the fae! I look forward to hearing more about that & see how the story unfolds!
cbrstrshp chapter 12 . 5/13/2013
A spot on enactment of Same :)
I love that she is asking for Legolas to join them (fool for saying no)
blackunicorne chapter 17 . 5/2/2013
Wonderful story!
killer4853 chapter 8 . 4/26/2013
love the story
He'sGotHeart chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Just read this entire series in two days and feel it necessary to tell you that I think it is absolutely amazing! Honestly one of my favorite OC's I've ever encountered! You've got an incredible voice and talent for story and character development!
hermonine chapter 17 . 3/15/2013
great story
AlickyNicholas chapter 17 . 2/13/2013
I'm glad Haldir didn't get his heart broken by Lane's rejection, and I'm *really* glad that you stayed away from having Boromir fall in love with her before he dies. Thank you for that! Looking forward to reading the next installment!
AlickyNicholas chapter 8 . 2/8/2013
I confess I've never read past the first page or two of a girl-falls-into-middle-earth story before. I'm not generally a fan of the concept. I mention that so that you know when I say how much I'm intrigued by this story that I really mean it! There are a number of interesting elements in play here and I look forward to finding out what happens next. Will review again when I've got a little more of the story under my belt. Keep up the great work! :)
Caryn chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
I just found this series and am enjoying it tremendously. The fae backstory makes for an interesting twist on the usual "OFC ends up joining the Fellowship." Lane manages to stay away from Mary Sue territory too, which is quite the accomplishment. I have a feeling I'm going to be reading well into the small hours tonight.
195 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »