Reviews for The Sounds of Silence
CommChatter chapter 2 . 8/18/2013
So Sam's soul is intact in this version?
KatZenSPN chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
I loved everything about this story. I'm a special ed teacher candidate and learning ASL, which added another level of poignancy for me. But you really captured all of the characters and showed them an interesting and novel light. Thank you very much for this story!
BranchSuper chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
Very interesting story.
AuntMo chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
Of course Sam has an inner Bobby (as I am sure Dean must as well)...but it was good to see it in action).

I like this better than what we got
AuntMo chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Cas always reminded me of Columbo,too :D

"Lisa as Kali, and no, he is notgoing to play Gabriel tonight; that was one thing he never needed to know about their favorite archangel."

I laughed so loud, I think my dog thought I was crazy. :D

But poor Dean...
DaughterofLuthien chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
Beautiful story, short but sweet. My grandparents are deaf, so deafness is close to my heart, and you portrayed it very realistically. I especially loved the scene with Dean, Lisa, and Ben at the dinner table and the boys reuniting at the end. Their name-signs were perfect. My favorite line had to be at the end of ch1, however:

"All night Dean's dreams are filled with the sounds that Sammy has to live with for all eternity."

Horrible and haunting, but of course it's all made (mostly) better in the end. Loved it.
GaelicAngel chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
I loved every moment of this story. i always like to read a deaf!Dean story and this was greatly written.
vengegates chapter 2 . 12/21/2011