Reviews for Like A Bird
Ayamari Uta chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Short and sweet. :D I like the whole situation of the birds, as if they were trying to help her. Great one shot!
PrincessLazyPants chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
very nice!
Tien Shenhan chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This seems eerily similar to a scene from Grappler Baki where Baki Hanma back flipped over the edge of a ravine to force himself into mastery of human endorphins. That was episode four of the series if my memory serves me correctly.

A second scene in another martial arts anime, Tekken the Motion Picture" shows Hyhotsimishima hurling his son over a cliff in the hopes that should the boy survive the fall and climb back up, he would possess the instilled willpower to become strong enough to challenge him for supremacy. This was the symbolic moment in that anime.

Another similar situation involving a cliff in yet another martial arts anime is one in episode 82 of the granddaddy of all martial arts anime, Hokuto no Ken/ Fist of the North Star. In this scene Ryoken, aging master of Hokuto Shin Ken, puts two prospective protegee students Roah and Toki to the test by casting them into a deep ravine under the premise that the one who climbed back up would be strong enough to learn Hokuto Shin Kin. Roah, to Ryoken's astonishment, climbs out of the gorge with one arm, the other carrying his wounded brother Toki.

In short, there is no shortage of this scene in martial arts anime. The weight these cliff scenes carry is indeed powerful but it has become cliche' from overuse. I used a scene reminiscent of the one from Hokuto no Ken in my fanfic Rise of Man.
Death101- Fox Version chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Nicely done. The description of the birds changing from just a noise to inspiration was nicely done but the part where she said, "Yes indeed, I'll fly" is the only part of the story I have a small problem with. It just doesn't seem like Videl but other than that. Nicely done!

-D101