Reviews for Path of the King
tristan61 chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Bonjour (or bonsoir)

Bon sang! This was in hell of chapter.
Really very impressive.
-The first encount of Shirou with a servant
-The perspective of Medea
-The escape of Rin
-The fight with Vincent VS Shirou
-The almost impossible win of Shirou
-The encounter between a flic and a Magus (décidement Shirou is spoiled lucky)
-The first step of Shirou in his truth aptitude
-Rencontre entre ciel et enfer, the second encouter of Shirou and Médéa

The adage, Il n'y a pas de hasard dans ce monde, tout n'est que fatalité-Euripide, is a accurat observation in Fate/stay night

Often I have the intuition of the Graal attract Shirou (Magus or couter guardien)... and sometime I havr this other intuition... the intuition of Shirou attract the Graal.

Médéa and Shirou have begun a odd and very interesting relationship... the future is now opaque, for us reader... This is very exciting.

bonne chance pour la suite
Tadeus chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Overall an amazing chapter, keeping the flow for such a long chapter is no small feat, you did a great job. I' m all for a Shirou \ Caster pairing , I' m quite tired of the same ol' ones being used over and over again. in all honesty I hoped for this to happen and him to take her in. It will be far more interesting having a smart, mature woman with vast magical knowledge on his side for once, and she deserves some love as much as any other main heroine. Even though you didn' t end the chapter in a cliffhanger, this was somehow many times worse for me ending it at that point. Looking forward to her reaction when she wakes up. Take care and update soon.
Wordlurker chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Lots of good stuff in this chapter, Shirou getting just a tiny bit closer to Unlimited Blade Works, using Tsubame Gaeshi, realizing a bit more about his capabilities and tracing that scalpel to leech it's history and finally, saving Caster.

I've always had divided opinions about Caster. On one hand, she's the Witch of Betrayal, and shows a decidedly unpleasant side of her personality when capturing Saber, and on the other hand, she's definitely a human with all the good and bad that comes with it, and she had a pretty screwed up life. It's no wonder she's the way she is.

It'll be interesting to see what you'll do with her.

Keep up the good work!
Heaven Canceler chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Oh, this is very interesting. You are giving Shirou a very different start of the 5th grail war. There are not many fanfics where Caster is not a antagonist and I think that is very sad.

Here is a bit input on caster (if you read the type moon wiki just skip it)
The witch of betrayal was not evil from the start, but was seen as evil by everyone including her own husband. She was abused as the scape goat for all the evil things happening in her city. Your lover cheats on you, it is the witchs fault, your son died in the last war, the witch did it, your haircut looks ridiculous, obviously Medea doesnt like you for some reason. That went on until she came to the conclusion that, if everyone insists on her being an evil witch, why should she not become the evil witch everyone wants her to be.

And that was after she practically gave her husband a kingdom on a silver platter. Really, speak about ungratefullness. So yeah, Caster is not really evil, just desperate and somehow apathetic in the face of violence. This is not even taking in account the fact that she is from a time when death was much more prevalent everywhere. So unless she goes out of her way to do evil things, (which she only did in hopes of winning the grail and remaining with Kuzuki in canon) I can only feel sorry for her.

I am looking forward to future updates, this is surely going to be interesting with a schemer like Caster on Shirous side.

PS: The Servant has only to die if someone actually wants to reach the route, (I am also pretty sure the founder families dont know about it and the knowledge was lost at some point in the past as neither Illya nor Tohsaka seem the types to allow something like this "unless they werent told") but what you are saying has some merit. In the fic "Tainted ideals" Shirou wonders how the grail would fulfil Assassins wish for a family. Would it just magically let one pop up, would it change history so Jack never ended up as the legendary "Ripper", would it explode because it cant find a solution for the proplem. Your idea that the Servant actually needs to know how exactly to fulfil the wish is interesting. Even if it doesnt mesh that good with the grail that works with the wishcraft principle. (wishcraftthrow power at it until it works)
TGxSTep chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Good going. I hope to see more development of caster as a character and hope to see their interaction without caster trying to kill Shirou. :D

I will look forward to your next chapter.
n0mster chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Wow, this was a fantastic chapter, I really liked the characterisation of Medea, I admittedly don't know especially much about the nasuverse, but your portrayal of her tragic history and subsequent rage against fate was very well-done.
I'm really glad nothing worse happened to Rin and Yukiko, I was also pretty happy to note that Rin was nowhere near as foolish as I had feared, since she already had a general idea about Yukiko's situation and how to counter it. Even though her initial plan failed, at least she had a solid back-up plan, which did in fact succeed, even if it wasn't as effective as she had hoped, nor did it eliminate the source of their problems. Fortunately, through the intervention of Shirou, the perverted bastard of a mage was executed and in a pretty fulfilling fashion.
On another note, the whole action scene and plan of action by Shirou, was pretty exciting, the scene flowed well and didn't feel cliche at all. Even though his plan didn't succeed as well as he had hoped, it was executed pretty much perfectly, Shirou just didn't take into account Vincent's tenacious life-force (which he unfortunately didn't know about), though at least he managed to take out Vincent's entire army of Chimeras. The scene about Shirou's revelation of the first line of his aria and his subsequent execution of the psychotic mage was extremely entertaining, the culmination of Shirou's tenacity and the horror of Vincent was very well portrayed and provided a satisfying closure to Vincent's machinations.
Throughout this arc, I kept hoping that Shirou would eventually get ahold of Vincent's clan crest and thus his 'Rule of Blood' so when Shirou took the first step in harvesting the crest from Vincent's corpse, I was pretty elated, Shirou with a proper crest and possibly 'Rule of Blood' would be pretty damn awesome. Having him gain skills from the history of Vincent's scalpel was pretty awesome and I totally agree that Shirou would make a pretty great surgeon.
Greatly enjoyed this chapter (never going to complain about a longer chapter, haha), looking forward to your next update.
bakapervert chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Thanks for the update.
MWkillkenny84 chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Oh. So now SHIROU "Want to be a hero" EMIYA is CASTER'S MASTER?!
I'm scared.
Very, very scared.
Vote: 10
TheAbsolutistsCreed chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
I'm more interested in what Caster will be doing, heck I wouldn't be surprised if Shirou ends up with two Servants after all this is said and done. Though I know that's hopeful at best. At most she'll feel a debt to be paid to Shirou at best if not in honor but in guilt.

I agree though, heck, he can go to a museum and get a lot of information from things throughout history. In japan he could learn many sword techniques and styles, if Tsubame Gaeshi isn't enough for him.

Great chapter, bit too tired to nitpick further (not that I want to). This'll make things even more screwed up, 6 masters and seven servants. Someone is going to inevitably play host to Caster unless Caster takes the initiative herself and finds someone unrelated to sustain her.
REQUIEMCROSS chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Good story... btw, what will happen now to saber?...
Sacchin chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
Awesome! This this is pretty cool! Will Shirou still be able to summon Saber? I noticed that they haven't formed the formal contract yet! I'll be waiting for your next update! :D
Zaralann chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
YES! AT LAST! CasterShirou! YES! GOD! PLEASE! LET IT BE A PARING!
Ricky12440 chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
This was an awesome chapter.

I'm glad that you made this one chapter instead of splitting it up. It felt like a great, fitting end to this arc.

I'm glad that Shirou didn't have too much trouble with killing someone who should be put down, even though it was his first kill. I'm also glad that he's choosing to have a different life philosophy than Kiritsugu.

I really hope that Caster gets with Shirou. I felt that she always got the short end of the stick, both in her original life and when she was summoned for the Grail War. She totally deserves to find someone who will love her. I can't wait to see what happens when she wakes up and finds she's in some stranger's house.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter more than I was to this chapter, and that's saying a lot considering the cliffhanger from the last chapter. Can't wait.
Tracer28 chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
woah! this was really great, the scene at guilford's mansion was very well written and you have captured all the characters's personality so far.

The twist with shirou getting caster to his house was really good, at first I thought that it was a pity that Caster wouldn't be by him after everything and I'm grateful that you decided to put Caster to Shirou.
Even in the anime, even though Medea had been a bitch, it was understandable due to his history and it was a pity that she died for a man who couldn't show her what she deserved.

I agree with the surgeon part, especially since shirou could not only trace scalpels but also the other tool used in surgery, and even the anatomy could be skipped if shirou actually traced the body itself.
deadal chapter 14 . 10/1/2012
not only a terrible surgeon, he could be a terrible anything! give a brush from michel-angelo, picasso or anything great painter, he could become to replicate their work!

HE! there is an idea: should he obtain the smiting tool of a famous japoness blacksmith (masamune, muramasa, etc...) he could know how they did, deepening his understanding of swords and/or swords trace

awesome story and a thrilling chapter!
2,983 | « Prev Page 1 .. 157 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 177 .. Last Next »