Reviews for Path of the King
Kyo no Kitsune chapter 30 . 7/17
Any news on updates? I really like this story, and this is one of the worst spots to just leave of on a Hiatus, especially since this is the last of the already written chapters you mentioned a couple chapters ago. from the average rate of time between each chapter since this story was published, the next should be out around now or even earlier. You okay?
I am surprised that I did not find the fic 'People Lie' by Nugar in your favorite list. I thought it was something but I can't remember now... it's 4 am and I haven't slepts in hours so I dunno what now
FlawlessCowboy2552 chapter 2 . 7/9
There are so many grammatical errors here that this chapter was incredibly hard to read. You might consider getting a beta to look it over and repost it afterward.
Animus of Masada chapter 18 . 7/5
Just thought I'd point out: if Avalon is a Noble Phantasm, then the Kanshou and Bakuya that Shirou encounters against Jin and Jun must ALSO be Noble Phantasms. Them being the originals doesn't make them Mystic Codes (though I suppose something could technically be a Mystic Code in addition to being a Noble Phantasm, provided it was the original); it makes them Noble Phantasms.

Otherwise, the Avalon (which is the real thing, the original) inside of Shirou would just be a Mystic Code, which makes little sense.

Plus, the smiths that made Kanshou and Bakuya didn't seem to be magi (if the tale is anything to go by), so they could hardly qualify as Mystic Codes in the first place. And good luck to any magus who tries to make an existing Noble Phantasm into a Mystic Code by modifying it with magecraft for their own purposes.
Message to below chapter 30 . 7/4
Actually it is mentioned earlier that Shirou even with his new and improved reinforcement finds it difficult to take on Kuzuki, its a matter of skills.
Also, Sasaki Kojiro's sword techniques are no joking matter, considering a novice bow wielding vigilante with a handful of years against a man with more experience and who dedicated his life on learning the sword skills from a master swordsman, yeah considering most of what Shirou faced were the common pistol wielding thug the matter is mildly serious.
Again, Shirou did win! Why are you complaining that it doesn't make sense? Just because the MC is a competent fighter it doesn't turn him invincible all of a sudden to others, especially when it is his first rodeo.
At least think before you review now would you.
so chapter 11 . 7/2
he can crush kuzuki in two strikes, but random jabroni with an awesome sword gives him the fight of his life so far! that doesn't make any fuckin sense. STOP IT
Cpt.Rabbit chapter 30 . 6/27
I got to admit, I am loving this story so far. The reason for that is simple: because unlike many fanfiction authors, you are willing to take a story and actually make it your own, to invent a truly believable deviation from the original story that seems as though it actually IS the original story.

I think your blending of Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night content is a particularly well done aspect of the story so far. After all, Shirou, as a hero of justice and a fairly competent magus, ought to at least be aware of nearby supernatural events, especially ones that endanger other peoples lives.

Overall, I very much so look forward to the next installment. My only problem so far with the story is that now I am going to be checking my email every few hours to see if there's an update to it.
Psp reader chapter 30 . 6/22
What a cliffie... wonder how many girls this idiot will attract to him in the end... seems to be growing fsirly slow thought at the moment. Still, eagerly wait for the next instsallment.
wish you can csn update faster but Ill wait! Thanks for the chapter!
Psp reader chapter 24 . 6/21
Love the girls of f/sn all so different! Tsundere! Rin is extremely smart, a genious and not bad at manipulating others... her school persona is this. Devious and cunning... still love this story... truly hope that you have more free time to write! Eagerly waiting for updates!
Interesting looking forward to the future mastergamer98007
Alfa290 chapter 30 . 6/11
If Aihara is deader than disco, then my money is on Kenta going with Shirou back to Fuyuki. Where he winds up being a substitute son for Medea and an extra little brother for Taiga, Satsuki, and Shirou. Fast forward to when the foreshadowing of Shirou's Avenger problem pays off and you now have a nice parallel where Kenta can come to the rescue of the person that saved him.
I Like This chapter 1 . 6/8
Hi, Neoalfa. This story has been enjoyable so far, and I don't know when you will uptdate it, but i recently came across an idea. I don't know if you have plans to do this already, and you are, of course, free to ignore it. Nevertheless:
If Shirou manages to team with Sakura and Rider, they could seriously. Caster would summon the Original Dragon of Colchis (it breathes fire, so it is red colored), and then Medusa would use Bellerophon to seize control over it, something Caster alone wouldn't manage to do. It would be awesome in a way beyond words, and, if i am not wrong, its existence would be classified as a Phantasm, depleting the mana in the immediate vicinity, preventing anything but od fueled spells, psychic mutations, and Noble Phantasms. Even if it doesn't consume mana by its mere presence, then it would generate enormous amounts of prana simply by breathing, serving not only as a weapon of A-Ranked fire damage (perhaps even more), but also, with a proper link established, as a living furnace to fuel powerful spells, including: High Thaumaturgy that Caster could cast safely without depletion of Ley Lines, powerful strikes the likes of which would us the power of hundreds, if not thousands, units of prana; and Shirou's Reality Marble, unless the Magic Crest transfer is happening. Since the dragon is also more than 3000 years old, it would probably boast Ex-Ranked Magic Resistance (or A-Ranked, if it younger than Pegasus). Would be a problem if it would be bind as Thrall to the Shadow, though (a fucking dragon powered by the Third Magic of the Grailcan you imagine that shit?). Still, I don't know if Gilgamesh will kill it easily, because he has all the dragon killing miracle weapons.
Anyway, just leaving this thought out there.
I am looking forward to the next chapter.
galfan chapter 30 . 6/4
Please check on "layer reinforcement" in "powerlisting" wikia.
Rana chapter 15 . 6/4
Umm, there is a reason why they don't share there research... its because the more people who know and use it the weaker the magic becomes... a healing mystery/spell known and used by 10 people might be able to heal all but death but that same mystery/spell known and used by 100 people and it might only be able to heal a couple of broken bones

in conclusion, there is a damn good reason they dont share there mysteries/spell/research.
Robert Milton chapter 30 . 6/4
Flamehat
I get what you are on about here, but I don't think Shirou is completely weak here after all he did manage to hold his own against Ciel even with her OP hax. To fight against an immortal with prana quality and quantity that surpasses even Rin's with only crazy martial arts and some swords that's borderline suicidal looks badass to me than anything.
Keep in mind the heavy hitters in the Nasuverse can be OP so I don't think its fair to be disappointed on someone who's real abilities have yet to be unlocked, if anything your words just appear as biased flaming.
Also I think its refreshing that someone actually is making a fic where the main character explores his abilities in new and different ways that aren't completely hax. Compared to so many others where they give him some kind of extreme power boost like say over 1 k nerve circuits, Emiya crest, Fae magic etc I find this more believable.
However I do agree on the point of him giving up the blood crest, it looks like the author's attempt of not making him too OP or just a blunder than a character flaw because Canon Shirou isn't that naive no matter what some people say about him.
Also if you think Shirou's ideals are stupid or naive you really have no idea about his character. It never was about any borrowed ideals out of survivor's guilt or just arrogance based on his ego but rather his only means of finding mental peace and happiness. If you've watched HF you will know what I'm saying. Shirou's a broken human not a stupid generic shounen protagonist with a naive world view and a messiah complex.
3,001 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »