Reviews for MSG: In Vain Doth Valour Bleed
Fireminer chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Only one word: SPLENDID! This story captivated me from the start, and yet I see no major flaw with it. Your fic had really gained its stand between the best UC stories!
valic barget chapter 22 . 8/16/2012
This is without doubt my favorite fan fiction I've read. I have read it multiple times through and it is still awesome. Please continue this story, it is too good to have not been completed.
Reven chapter 22 . 5/19/2012
Gotta say that this is still one hell of a ride, all these years later. I do hope you're still alive and kicking, cause a new chapter of this would likely cause heart attacks across the English Gundam fandom.

Even if this was the end, it's still a heck of a read. That last fight between Margul and Sajer was great. Considering the Barzam is pretty much based on the Gundam MkII (Not that it looks like it) its no suprise that the Kampfer had problems trying to stop him. The thing is just bullet proof for the most part. Maybe the demon should start packing a beam rifle?

Anyways, throughly enjoyed this story. Thanks for the fun!
pacificuser chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Nice!
Rustito chapter 21 . 6/11/2008
I'm glad to hear you're back again. I can't wait to see what awesomeness you're considering for future entries into this piece. The Zeon in IVDVB are more badass than they've ever been anywhere else.

To be honest, though, I think my favorite character may actually be Sajer, if you can look past me liking a Titan. He's just so... I don't know. I can't explain it, but listening to him and seeing him work is just thoroughly entertaining. Anyway, yeah. Keep it up.
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 10 . 5/11/2008
Zeonic Germania! SIEG ZEON!
Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Oh HELL yes! Proper German Zeon!
khoange chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Glad you are back.
GeoSTI chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Glad to hear you're back from the sandbox and eagerly awaiting the next installment.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 7 . 9/20/2006
The epic "In Vain Doth Valour Bleed" in all its malicious splendor...

I can see why so many people look unto this story akin to the Grail of Gundam fanfiction. All of the historical facts sprinkled throughout a framework of barely contained violence and visceral character play is quite captivating. I can't help but wonder just what Nemesis entails, as it seems the last several chapters have done nothing but hint as to its awful grandeur. But that's what you were shooting for, no?

I'm also curious to see just how things go awry for von Mellenthin's brood, as we see the Federation is still alive long after Zeon has drawn its last breath. Unless, of course, you're dealing in alternative history, in which everything goes out the window.

Neither here nor there, but I can't help but point out how unsettling I found the scene between Antares and Erik to be. I got a distinctly "Death in Venice" vibe off of our unorthodox ace during that scene. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there. Or is Antares a pedophile? The whole scene was terribly jarring.

At any rate, it seems you've added another member to your flock of fans.
Rustito chapter 22 . 6/27/2006
I must admit that I have not kept as up-to-date on this as I should have, but I'm very glad to see that it continues. I'll get around to catching up sometime, but for now, I leave you with the following words:

I can honestly say that it was this story that inspired me to put more effort into my own works (though at the moment only one of my fanfics and an original over at Fiction Press qualify for this statement, considering my own snail-like progression in writing chapters), given this piece's overwhelming level of care for detail, along with the high word count that ultimately draws the reader in better and makes it so they don't fly through a chapter in only four minutes, leaving them wanting more. More writers should take hints from you and your work. This deserves a great deal more feedback than it's gotten, but perhaps it'll attain what it should someday.

Please continue on, and know that people wait patiently.
Warp Ligia Obscura chapter 22 . 1/3/2006
Veery nice fic. I like how you manage to handle so many characters with seeming ease, as well as the intricate plot on par with a Tom Clancy thriller. The development and change in the relationships between the characters is interesting, as is how the vulnerabilities of the 10PzK become increasingly evident. Hmm... Not bad at all.
Someone072 chapter 22 . 11/13/2005
The twist of fate continues to grow deeper, HDS. Been reading this fine story for 2 years and yet you still continue to amaze me.

I've long since stopped watching Gundam or writing fics for it, but this is one aspect of it I continue to return to. It would almost be psychotically great to see this in an animated form (without censorship of course)
Zelinko chapter 18 . 10/16/2005
I'm wondering what the 10th will think when word of Char's Dakar speech reaches them. Sure they think the AEUG to be traitors but I think this time they gave them a birthday gift with that broadcast [especially the footage of the urban combat with no care for collateral damage.]. Maybe something to help get them more sanctuary
Brother Angelon chapter 22 . 10/11/2005
Well I thought I had posted a review for chapter 22 but when I looked again I realised I must have been at a friends house when I read it and was unable to post it.

I liked how the 10th was able to sneak out of the trap they had found themselves in. Also the fight on the bridge ws a good example of the differnces between the top end mobile suits from Z Gundam vs a High End Zeon suit from the one year war. Without beam weapons or a good bazooka hit, its just damn hard to make a dent in that armor of those suits.

I'll be looking forward to reading the next chapter to see how things continue to develope.

Brother Angelon