Reviews for Boxed
RyokoYuy chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
This series is just amazing. Easily my favorite Star Trek 2009 series. You get into serious, emotional issues without losing characterization, which is a rare treat to find. I hope you'll come back to this someday, but even if you don't, it will certainly get a lot of re-reading as is!
phantom's love chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
I think I have read all the stories you have placed in this series or verse (whichever) and I like them ALL. They are well written and easy to follow; love it.
I have read the summaries/discriptions of all stories you posted after this one and none say they are part of this series or that they take place after this story. Is there another part?
Mag chapter 2 . 3/7/2013
Great wonderful verse! Would love to see updates!
Scathing reviewer chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
I know you've been busy, but I'm anxious to know what happens between Spock and the security officer. Great series!
Ishtar205 chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
They are so breathtaking
seacat03 chapter 2 . 12/3/2012
This whole series of stories is great!
Violintide chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
If you saw my earlier review, just wanted to say never have I been so pleased to have my phone incorrectly load a web page before - somehow it wasn't showing that there were more stories from this series in your profile. Needless to say, I am still absolutely thrilled to find more stories in this series and my heart breaks with Jim and Spock with each new twist of angst.
Burning Phoenix chapter 2 . 1/2/2012
Love this series. Brilliant as always. Can't wait for the next one. XD
GlassAngel chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
Loved this SO MUCH. Firstly because this series is awesome, and secondly because of the really unusual circumstances. Seeing Spock and Jim have minor freakouts over the disorganization was hilarious, and SCOTTY! :D He was awesome, especially since there isn't any more McCoy for the time being. I'm kind of honestly scared for Spock after the Security Chief threatened him, especially since they're stuck on the ship for a while longer and are going to have to deal with a new captain. (I'm really looking forward to that in the next installment, especially considering all the new officers in this were all so detailed and different even without making multiple appearances, if that even makes sense. Curious to see if Frazier is gonna be competent or not, too.) And the melding bit was really good, if somewhat sad (mostly because of Jim's mind actually hurting Spock) so I'm wondering what's next for that after Puri's advice to keep trying. Also, the end melted me a bit with Jim saying they'll stick together even with the xenophobia.

...Long response is looooong. Whoops. XD
arcadii chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Sorry it took me so long, but I wanted to read both chapters together, fluidly and I kept getting interrupted and then having to start over - it was annoying! Finally! I can understand how gun shy Spock is over attempting to meld. His telepathic bonds when ripped out were sheer agony and attempting to reutilize them, in a human (I know he's only half), would almost cause a phobic fear of feeling that pain again. It will take time and now that he knows that it's possible again, he can ignore the dicomfort to get to the goal of melding again with his t'hy'la.

I knew I didn't like Pendersen and I bet he's got security filled with a bunch of neanderthals just like him. I can't understand how one species (or race) can consider itself better than another. I'm old enough (barely) to remember segeregation in the South . . . the whites only water fountain in front of the courthouse; the separate-but-equal bathroom facilities in the better stores, where the 'negroes' was little more than an indoor (sometimes it was outside) outhouse; the whites only lunch counters in Woolworth's and Kresge's. I remember black men and women afraid to look a grownup in the eyes, always looking down and saying yes sir and no sir. That's not something I saw in a movie - I lived it and you could feel the fear in the air so thick you could cut it with a knife. I didn't understand how anyone would enjoy treating another being like that even as a four year old and I still don't.

Sorry, you got a novel again. Anyway, the gist was, I loved it and can't wait for when, with lots of loving exercise, Spock is able to meld with Jim again. I know that blockhead, Pendersen, is going to be stupid enough to cause problems and I can't decide if I'd rather Spock defend himself quite capably or allow Jim the pleasure of ripping the asshole a new one!
BlackMagicWhiteMagic chapter 2 . 12/27/2011
Oh Boys! They are both so precious and strong and in love it makes my heart want to split open. This series is so beautiful I love every update. Your writing feel real and I feel connected to the characters of Jim and Spock. I hope you have a happy New Year!
PadmeSkywalker10 chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
You sir, never cease to amaze me. I love the raw, vulnerable emotions that Kirk is experiencing. You've really managed to make him multidimensional and give him a lot of soul beneath his brash, confident exterior. I can't wait for your next stories. :)
Doni chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
Amazing as always. He's getting there, slowly but surely. Though I am certainly waiting for the other shoe to drop with that nearly useless crew. They need to grab Scotty and get the hell out of there. ;)
Doni chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
There were some damn fine passages in there. You, sir, continue to astound me.

Hope you had a Happy/Merry Hanukkah/Solstice/Saturnalia/Festivus/Christmas. Or, you know, whatever. ;)
DT chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Sometimes, he would reach without thinking, when faced with a challenge or an especially irritating crewmember or another lonely hour without a friendly face, and when his mind brushed the empty clutch of broken stems where the bonds had resided in his head, he would feel – only for a moment, but still a moment too long – as though he had survived when he should not.

...brushed the empty clutch of broken stems where the bonds had resided in his head...

Beautiful, wow.