Reviews for Lay Your Burden Down
ayjaydee chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I just discovered that you had Merlin fic! (And I kinda did a little dance of joy inside.)
Daww, this is adorable! Yay for Merlin whump and caring!Arthur! Always a great combination.
You should take a break from Chaos for a while and write more Merlin fic. ;)
yay chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Arthur smiles. "It doesn't," he says, his face turning sincere. "But you're no burden, Merlin. Not even a little."

That's really sweet.
The bromance in this is wonderful!
TheHiddenMemory chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
Cute one-shot :)
irezel chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
this was really sweet. C:
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I can totally see something like that happening. :) Very nice.
caldera32 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Aw, that was so sweet :)
If only they would be so open in the series.
Yuki082 chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
lovely.
thank you so much for writing it!
Yuki
Distressed Clover chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This was fantastic! Their interactions were perfectly in-character, and the last bit was really touching. I loved it
DragonflyonBreak chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Awww! That last line was so sweet! I loved it! Great story!
Tibbins chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
OMG THAT'S BEAUTIFUL! Arthur is so adorable .

Love it!

Keep writing :D

Love Tibbins xx
FrivolousFlare chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Naaaaaw, so sweet! Ahhhhh...So much bromance and brotherly love...:) Makes me happy.

Keep Writing!
sandymg chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Lovely. Didn't know you wrote any Merlin. Delightful to find this. Their banter is pitch perfect. Just the right amount of drama.
Aoitori chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Hang on...I know I've seen this author's name somewhere before...

HA! I know- I've totally read some of your Hawaii Five-0 fics! Wow, small world, huh!

I'm glad recognizing the name made me stop and read this fic, cause this is simply delightful! You have Arthur and Merlin's voices down perfectly, and I love the way you had Merlin so happy to see Arthur having some carefree fun. I think Merlin has a unique perspective on just how tough things have been on Arthur since he took the throne, and I think he really would be delighted to help his friend take a breather and enjoy himself for once, hunting or no hunting. Very very sweet! Thanks much! Yoroshiku ne!

~Aoi
Literaria chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Arthur ignores him. "These days, I'm always surrounded by people," he says. "I need some privacy."

Merlin waits for the obvious. At Arthur's continued obliviousness, Merlin presses on. "Then why am I here?"

Arthur looks at him, amused. "You don't count, Merlin."

I used to get teased so much for saying something like this about my best friend - "I don't want to be around people today." "Then why do you want [best friend ever] to come over?" "She's not people!" I meant it as a compliment, but apparently it didn't come out quite right, according to my parents...

Very sweet. Loved it!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I so loved this story! I loved how you focused on the bromance of Merlin and Arthur. It's not an overt expression of friendship, but one that clearly defies class distinction and I LOVE how you have Arthur showcase his nobility that has nothing to do with being a king:

Fave part:

Arthur pins him with a look. "Stop being silly and let me carry you."

Merlin's pride is a funny thing and why it flares up now, he's not sure. But he doesn't want to be weak, needy. Doesn't want to let Arthur know how much it hurts. "I thought royalty didn't carry its own burdens," he tries, voice shaky.

- so love the bromance!