Reviews for Hitting a Wall
CarverEdlundtheLast chapter 1 . 2/9
I loved it! Thank you for such a great story. :) I love how Qui Gon's form of "discipline" becomes a battle of wills between the two of them. I really liked the story that Obi Wan told, too! I've heard an altered version of it somewhere before, but I honestly think I liked your version better. :) I was so glad that their argument actually had some reason to it, besides being the instigator of a show both Qui Gon's and Obi Wan's stubbornness. I've actually had the same argument numerous times with my sister... :)

I've read quite a few of your other stories, and absolutely love the way you portray Qui Gon and Obi Wan. It's made fairly obvious in Phantom Menace that Qui Gon isn't always the most obedient, but still among the most loyal, if that's possible, and you portray that perfectly. It takes a true fan to pose questions like that about the council and the Force, as at some point you have to wonder about it yourself in order to write it. :)

This was one of the few stories I've read that had me actually laughing out loud at certain points that was written with actual care to details and overall good writing. For a while I'd actually lost hope in most of the fan fiction that came from the Star Wars archive, but your stories are so artfully and beautifully written while still staying true to what all of us love about this crazy fandom that I've been working on reading all your stories for a couple days (so far, I'm not even half way through... How do you write so much?). :)

Anyway, sorry for the long review, but I figure it's better than spamming all your stories with shorter ones, so... Thank you! Great story; You are incredibly talented!

May the Force be with you. :)
FieryQueenOfAllSharpObjects chapter 1 . 7/31/2015
This was great, I truly loved this!
Window Girl chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Clever Obi Wan! I really like that story he told. Did you make it up? You're very creative.
Padawan Aneiki R'hyvar chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
LOVE! :) this is much fun and...I wish my 15 year old would figure that one out. LOL :)
Eruhin chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Dear me, Obi-Wan is kriffing impossible. Thank the Force for providing the answer in the end or I suspect he would have really remained in that corner until he was gray-bearded. I was exhausted even reading about those two days. Though I remember one professor at my Uni telling us once that you learn better after fasting so perhaps it was for the best.

I loved Master Yoda's visit. I lost it at his parting remark about seeking a corner himself to meditate :)

Delightful story, I enjoyed it a lot!
Nanuk chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Briliant!
Eryndil chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
It seems I never reviewed this in spite of adding it to my favorites 4 months ago (bad, bad reader). It's absolutely delightful! It's hard to pick out specific aspects of the fic without going all Elizabeth Barrett Browning on it, but I'll try to restrict myself to a few.

The interaction between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is spot on here - that mixture of affection, respect, honesty and a little exasperation. That's what I look for in a Qui and Obi fic and it seems a very realistic interpretation. It's neither overly sentimental nor coldly indifferent.

I particularly like the way you have portrayed the balance between expressing disagreement and submitting to authority. It can't be easy to get this right in a Master-Padawan relationship but these two seem to have found a good balance and that comes across really well. Obi's side of this is nicely encapsulated in the comment "Only Obi Wan could defy his teacher in such an obedient manner."

Obviously, this is one of your less angsty stories and it's got a nice blend of humour and philosophy (if you know what I mean). The 'negotiations' between Qui and Obi are great, as are the little off-side observations ('death by understatement'!) As for the solution to the impasse - like Qui-Gon, I was impressed! Everyone is right, both Master and Padawan learn a lesson, and harmony is restored. Happy Jedi, happy reader ;)

So, this isn't so much useful concrit as grateful praise, as usual. Sorry about that, just can't help it. I suppose what I mean to say is 'keep up the good work'!
MJLupin27 chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Jajaja I love this so much! This is so incredibly well written! I think it suits both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan because they're just so stubborn. I love it because it describes how Qui-Gon feels when he has to disagree with the council and then how Obi-Wan is turn into pieces because both opinions are correct. I loved so much that "Resourceful as ever, Obi Wan had found a way to transform discipline into mischief" jaja I've read something about Qui-Gon trying to test master Dooku's abilities in the same manner, trying to make him trip over things on the floor in his room. And also "Only Obi Wan could defy his teacher in such an obedient manner" was brilliant. Anyway, this is in my topten now ;)
221B.B chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Okay, now this one-shot- it's the definition of brilliance. I read it all with a big, somewhat stupid grin, enjoying every word. And the end- ingenious.
The way Obi-Wan solved it was incredible, and then there is this: "You've changed your mind without changing your mind, and I think you've changed my mind in the process." I'm sorry, I'm out of adjectives adequate to describe how brilliant that was [or I'm simply too dumbfounded to bother searching through my vocabulary for some].
Anyway, I'm going to stop rambling. Your grasp of the characters is astonishingly spot-on, and a huge thank you for this read [And sorry for the late review] (:
Tricksterkat209 chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Its very very very well-written. I cant really explain why but I do love it. Its just...beautiful. No other word comes to mind. This will be added to my favorites immediately.
Kara Alen chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
:D :D :D "Only Obi Wan could defy his teacher in such an obedient manner."

I am in love with your stories!
rowen raven chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Awesome! Nothing better than to agree to best and most fulfilling compromise there is. LOL I like the mystery about what they argued over, though I would love to know what that oh so trifling matter is to cause the kid to stand at a corner for two whole days and then some.

I like find it funny and endearing, that Obi would hold his ground even against his master, or even Yoda; he learned form the best so Qui Gon can't really complain. Though his parental concern and infinite patience are touching.

I love how Obi Wan found ways to entertain himself. Specially the imagining bit, something I play with the roof of my bedroom often enough. And the clever mischief of leaving objects in Qui Gon's path is just adorably funny, even to the older Jedi. And it was a good way to exercise Obi Wan's diplomatic skills. The Padawan is certainly a force to be reckoned with in a negotiating table.
Loopstagirl chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
This is absolutely brilliant, a really good read! Loved just how stubborn they both were, and despite refusing to move, Obi-Wan still didn't really get it until it had been explained a bit more.

One of the best things I've read for a while, this was awesome!
charie01 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
So fun...how do you come up with thi stuff. You so often make me laugh out loud. I'm re-reading some stories of yours while I wait for your next one:)
Major Trouble chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Obi-wan never fails to win his arguments with you, I see. And I agree!