Reviews for Ma'at's Executioner
SnowyOwl765 chapter 1 . 7/28
Oh Ra, what did Yami DO!? Umm, maybe, I don't want to know... But isn't Yami still human? He was a pharaoh. So he was alive at some point, right?
AUehara chapter 1 . 1/26
That is quite the interesting piece. I liked it! Morbid and fascinating... Geez, we are kind of sick, aren't we? xD

Jensti chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
Holy crap! God that was good. I've got that excited feeling you get when you tap a new source of outstanding writing. I can see that I'm going to enjoy trawling through your collective stories. I remember watching series zero and thinking that Yami was deliciously sinister. I've not seen a story on here that explores it though but you've shown just how much fun he can be.
Awesome writing and very engaging.

Sindarath chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
love this take on old Yami. Great Job.
CrimsonStrawberry17 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Creepy . . .
JenEvan chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Woo... gruesome... but the satisfaction of payback is a tinge of sweetness over it :)
mythamagica chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
This is so creepy, but it works so well. How do you do this?
In The Foreshadow chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Holy Cannoli that was tense! That was unbelievably awesome, in the most insane, crooked way. Your portrayal of Yami as a lunatic was my favorite part of the story by far. He seems evil, but in a moral way; and finally we get Yami as interesting and not a boring goody two shoes! I would love to read more stories with Yami since you did such a good job with his character!

Ending was awesome, loving the insanity!
girru chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
This story deserves so much more reviews! It was... fascinating to read. I really loved your take on Yami and how you conveyed the dangerous atmosphere. Can't say better, reviewing isn't my strong point orz, but I wanted to give my appreciation. *now going to check the mentionened fics for more such Yami*
Lady Emerald Black chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
A friend of mine pointed me to your story. For me personally, it had been awhile since reading any YGO fanfiction.

I really enjoyed this story.

The simplicity was astonishing, you didn't try to accomplish too much in too short a space, I appreciate this.

Your descriptions including comparisons and similes, were quite well done. I applaud you for you use of language, dialogue, body language, and other devices to successfully display your story/message.

I think this is very well done, not lacking in characterization, plot, or conflict.

I especially enjoyed the portrayal of Dark Yami, something the audience doesn't always get enough of.

Ziven chapter 1 . 12/22/2011

I usually end up giving long reviews with concrit, but there's not too much, really, that I can say about this one. I loved it. My head!canon doesn't really characterize in the same way, but the two of us would agree he's a much harder character than portrayed in most fanfics. I really like what you did here, the premise and the direction.

Your diction and description and pacing are also good. There are a few points, I think where you're a bit redundant, but those occasions are relatively minor they could be easily fixed or rearranged.

I wish that the descriptions of various reactions were a bit more involved. You start off really strong with the opening paragraph but your descriptions collapse in random places as you continue through the narrative instead of remaining consistent all the way through. An example of this would be, "He tried to sound nonchalant and confident, but it didn't work". Why didn't it work? How did it fail? Was it Oka's attempt itself a failure, or did it simply fail to affect its target in the way that he wanted?

But... really, this was awesome. I love the references (Theseus gained quite a few points from me), Yami's cockiness and the fact that he's, as you put it, "unhinged". He's charismatic in his insanity. I'm not a fan of the Joker, really, but you did a service to his name via crediting his character as the inspiration for this version of Yami.

This was an awesome read. It's going on my favorites list. I can't wait to read more of *this* Yami. :D

You have no clue how long it's been since I've been happy to read something unfamiliar. Super, duper job. I couldn't smile wider without "unhinging" my jaw. XD
Gracie chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
marvelous! amazing! i compltely loved it to no end! i enjoyed how creepy and how amazingly dark u made yami i just LOVE ur writting
Chicary chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Oh the end there really clenched it. I'm always happy to see this Yami in your stories since I find his Season 0 portrayal to be the best. But I guess if it really went down this way in the anime, the Duelist Kingdom arc would be a lot shorter. And who would want THAT?
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I like the Yami from season sero, myself. He may not have been just in all of his decisions but he did meet out his own punishment as he saw fit, that fit the perceived crimes.