Reviews for A Different Sort of Christmas
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
If anyone had told me that I'd be this moved by a Christmas story featuring BillyBoy from A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, well, I wouldn't have believed it!

But this was really wonderful. The last few paragraphs especially! I almost think the title of the story should be "We're here too!" That line actually made me choke up a bit.

Great job!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
...And then there were the random kids who drew aliens with TV antennas and musical notes that talked... but my surroundings weren't quite as bleak, although there WAS a lot of littering!

Seriously, this story was cute, and not corny like some Christmas stories (and commercials!) are. When I was reading your other story I wondered how Billyboy's family were doing. Glad to see that they're all right, for now. Meggy's such a nice sister - I hope he gets to see her again.
letitbexo chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Awwwww! This is so ADORABLE! :D I love it!
Pet Archer chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
This was really lovely, Weasley!

Upon reading it, I imagined hearing the song "Blue Christmas", being sung by Johnny Mathis. It is well-suited for this short story.

Initially, I was amused at Billy's mention of keeping things real when he used to draw things during his school days. Instead of drawing a sanitized version of life, he drew life as he truly saw it, and experienced it: with trash-littered terrain, dead animals, polluted ponds with raw sewage (Yuck!), etc.

Meggie is so sweet - and she's a smart little girl, too! She changed Billy's "Blue Christmas" drawing into a "Happy Holiday" one, having drawn (in her childish style) additional presents along with Billy's single present; and having drawn her Em, baby Liam, and herself with Billy, telling him "We're Here, Too".

Meggie's attempt to encourage her imprisoned older brother is truly PRICELESS! I really loved this! An excellent one-shot!
PandaLove01 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
This was so gritty and real yet sweet at the same time! :]
gildedbutterfly16 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I love how you portray Billyboy. What I love is how even though he can't afford to have an " luxurious " but still does something so kind for his younger sister.

I also love how despite the fact some look at Billyboy as a douche because of how he was presented in "A Clockwork Orange", that he has his problems and he has a heart. His heart belongs to his younger sister Meggie.

Please, MORE OF BILLYBOY AND MEGGIE! And happy holidays :)