Reviews for Odd One Out
VimesLady chapter 4 . 10/6/2002
Drat - I just wrote a review of this chapter and then managed to delete it before I posted. No matter. All I said was that the humour would make this story worthwhile without a plot, but the plot is becoming really interesting, that this story keeps getting better and better, and I can't find a single thing to criticize.
Wunderlust chapter 4 . 10/5/2002
You updated!

Callou, callay, oh fraptious day!

A point or two..

", complete with glowing red eyes the size of many "

The size of many what?

"(1) No Monty Python jokes, thank-you. "

You're no fun whatsoever. ;)

"And, contrary to intuition, when given reason to, Trolls could skulk much quieter than humans could(1)

1) A/N: Funny that. But I've noticed it on a few of occasions throughout various DW novels. "

My guess? Humans are descended from monkeys. Trolls are descended from rocks. You do the math.
Heather chapter 4 . 10/5/2002
Phew! i've finally finished it after around two weeks of reading it on and off. I have one word , brilliant. This is an incredibally well written and thought out story. Your style is so much like Terry Pratchetts I can almost believe you truly are him.
lil chapter 4 . 9/28/2002
ooohhh
manx chapter 4 . 9/27/2002
AHHHHHHH! you cant end it there! Not when there's so much time in between chapters! *is reduced to whimpering* Please please please update soon... *bambi eyes*
Intrasonic chapter 4 . 9/26/2002
Chapter 4. A bit of a delay, for several reasons:

1) Making up verses for the Hedgehog song is HARD.

2) I don't know why, but Nobby's dialogue is incredibly hard to write.

A little short, but chapter 5 is well under way. Together, they would have been WAY too long. Chapter 3's had mild revisions to it, thanks to some timely comments.

Vimeslady:

-Three fingers? Oops. It was originally three minutes, but then I shortened it to one. And I'm supposed that Vimes would think of some stunt to 'legally' investigate someone he suspected.

-Vetinari? Maybe the silver chain is a little extravagant for him, but I'm deliberately had him take interest in it all.

-Beardless dwarfs? Actually, if you read 'The Last Continent', Mad (the psycho individual that Rincewind meets up with) is actually a dwarf, and he's got to helmet or beard. But that's foreign parts for you...

-Rankings? Ugh, their ranks keep changing through the series. Fixed that, as well as a lot of other ranking screwups.
lil chapter 3 . 9/17/2002
I'm begging you from the bottom of my caffine clogged hear:please update!
Wunderlust chapter 3 . 8/8/2002
I read the story again today. It's still good. I'm going to print it out so I've got a hardcopy.

Write more, or I shall inflict violence upon you.
Acacia Onna Stik chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
Oh, one thing I left out of my previous review- you keep spelling the city wrong, it's "Ankh-Morpork". It's a little distracting.
Acacia Onna Stik chapter 3 . 7/22/2002
Oh, wow. This is certainly the best Discworld fanfic I've yet seen, and is very nearly up to the standards set by PTerry! I *always* wondered what happened to Diamanda, and this seems more than plausible, not to mention quite entertaining. I bow in your general direction. The Hedgehog Song is a nice touch. Love to see more!
Wunderlust chapter 1 . 7/22/2002
I'm not sure how you managed to catch Pratchett's sense of humour and satire without making it too blatant, but you did..

EXCELLENT. This is EXCELLENT. And Diamanda's done wonderfully. (And the Patrician and all the rest are spot on, though I still don't quite see Angua smiling in that flowers bit..)

Rock on!
z chapter 3 . 6/25/2002
If not for the occasional lapse, I'd thought you were Pratchett himself.. maybe you are.. anyway, I love this fic of yours and I hope that you'll continue writing. I would really like to find out the ending. Please Please Please don't leave me hanging
Meridian chapter 3 . 6/24/2002
Most enjoyable :-)
VimesLady can't get login to work chapter 3 . 6/16/2002
First off, let me say that even though I didn't think you needed to rewrite Ch.2, the rewrite is brilliant and even better than the original. There are lines in here that no only could have come from PTerry's pen, but that, were he to see them, he would wish he had written!

I started to list all the really great or hilarious things in Ch. 3, but there were just too many. Including ALL the scenes featuring Vimes (especially the meeting with Vetinari and the scene with the Organizer CE (But shouldn't that be Dis-Oranizer?))

Okay, I do have questions and (gasp) negative comments:

Why, just before the 'hostage taking', when Carrot held up three fingers, did Reg say "One more minutes, he says."

Did the Watch manage to arrange things so that Finly would run by Stone's store, stop, and take Nobby hostage? If so, how?

Did Vimes et al know that Detritus' shot would cause an explosion?

Topless meaning without a helmet was very cute, but I don't think you'd find beardless dwarves in Playdwarf. That goes beyond erotic and into freakish.

Vetinari going to see Dibbler seemed a bit OOC. The silver chain around his neck is (to me) severely OOC. (So watch, you'll come up with a reference where PTerry mentioned Vetinari going out dressed this way ).

Nobby isn't the 4th highest ranking watchman. There's the Commander, the Captain, and Sgts. Colon, Angua, and Detritus, at least.

Nitpicking aside, I still don't know how you come so close to PTerry's humor. Maybe it's something on the Y chromosome. Makes me really proud that one of my stories is on your favorites list!
Twist chapter 3 . 6/14/2002
*dances with glee* It was updated! And it's oh-so good! Joyful! And what a marvelous chapter this was, too. Ignoring the fact that Havelock was in it (which makes it brilliant because he was just so awesome here) everyone was brilliantly in character and it had the very distinct Discworldy feel to it. All in all, I loved this chapter. Don't change a thing, and please update soon!
69 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »