Reviews for Odd One Out
Grey L. Bloom chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
My goodness. This is long and well-researched and mysterious and dramatic and funny and pretty much one of the best fics I've read on the site. Obviously some of the nit-picks the other reviewers mentioned are probably true (I prefer Night Watch books over Lancre Coven books), but I don't caaaaaare! I loved it! I know this is painfully generic but... WRITE MORE! Please?
Lillith Nightdemon chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
wow, that was really good! you're a really good writer!

And I got to meet Terry! Well, okay, I held the door open for him, and I listened to his little talk (which happened to be a little two-hour talk), but that counts as meeting, right? Awesome. you write a lot like him

continue, mk?
fraz chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
wow! i luv this story, so please write more soon. to be honest i hadnt even thought about waht happened to Diamanda(aka Lucy) after Lords Ladies. im also quite surprised that Pratchett didnt mention her in any later books, givn his tendency to re-use characters. all in all very good, i think your writing style is very well suited to this fandom. keep up the good work!
emma chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
Great chapter. I haven't got around to reading Lords & Ladies yet, but now I might have to give it a go. I really enjoyed the chapter and I can't wait to see what happens to her in the 'big' city. Please update soon. _
ihadanepiphany chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
I've actually been wondering what happened to Lucy, do continue this cos its very good and youre writing style is very close to Pratchetts. highly enoyable! SO update soon!
Makou chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Let's see here... The style's nice and Pratchetty, especially the foot notes, so kudos there. Interesting choice for a main character. Oh, and (nitpicker hat on) it's Black 'Aliss' not Black 'Alice'. (nitpacker hat off) Overall, good show. I hope to see more of it posted soon.
Doody chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
You're a good writer, let's take that as read- but you've over looked, in using Diamanda, that her personality was of a 17 year old girl (I'm right, you're wrong). And although you've accounted for it in a way, it seems incongruitous with her already established personality. E.g. a level headed and sensible person capable of detecting the trick in a question would not have fallen for the easy route to sucess. I like it anyway but still. And, from the book, it seems more as if she didn't have the talent (rather the ridiculous notion that a lot of 17 year old girls do) to be a witch, but she did have the potential to become someone rich and sucessful.

Oh, and Magrat was the doctor who tended to her when she was in the coma, not Granny. And, was it just me, or did she black hair? (That one's possibly my imagination)
ami chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
wow. really good. interestng style, love it. please get the next part out soon
Twist chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
Oh, I like this. I really like this. Please get the next chapter out soon.
69 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5