Reviews for They Shook Hands : Year 1 (New Version)
Md389 chapter 6 . 4/15
Snape saying water doesn't boil at 100? 100 degrees is the boiling point of water.
YokaiAngel chapter 19 . 4/14
Spectacular!~~~
Simianpower chapter 7 . 4/3
These characters are so OOC as to be unrecognizable. Draco's friendly and charming. Pansy's "the pretty one". In canon she had a face like a pug! Snape actually teaches. There haven't been any points of deviation in canon to justify these changes. They just are what they are.

Also, everyone's using the same lines from canon, except not their own. Harry learns dozens of spells in a few hours, and yet in his second week of classes they've learned how to hold their wands. This story's all over the place, and it looks like you're just re-using the names and lines from canon, but not the characters.

I get that you're trying to fill in the blanks so that Slytherins aren't all evil cardboard cutouts, but to do that you've changed all of the character traits that they have, their defining characteristics. It's like if you told a fan fiction of Wonderland that had the emerald slippers, the purple-brick road, and Sapphire City. Sure, you can change those things; it's a fanfiction. But why? What does it gain? You've basically thrown out anything recognizable about the characters except the dialog. I don't think I can keep reading this. I really want to like it, because a "Harry goes to Slytherin" story could be really interesting. But this is not really a fanfic so much as a complete re-definition of everything that makes canon what it was. You're not changing canon events in specific ways and following where that leads; you're wholesale changing everything that doesn't suit you...

I'm repeating myself now. I guess I'll just leave it at that. The entire past seven chapters feel really unsatisfying, but I can't really figure out why.
Simianpower chapter 3 . 4/2
"Purebloods stick together." Except that Tracy is a half blood and so is Harry. And everyone knows at least the latter.
I can't breathe you named her Jessica Conejo.
Conejo is rabbit. Jessica Rabbit.
Lunalobo chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Hi Dethryl, some time ago i read your original year one story (well i read the others as well) but it has been some time and now coming back i see this new version. I have only read your foreword sofar but i want to tell you that
1. i really like that you kept the old one up as well, especially as you don't think it's “perfect“ (you know most times we don't think sth is perfect, but as good as it gets when its posted;)) anymore. In my eyes thats honest & brave in a way as you keep your work up for the world too read with your percieved imperfections. Thumbs up
2. If people r being snotty in their review their not worth it. I mean yes their might be things that we percieve as 'wrong' but you can say it nice & polite. There r authors who change things up quite alot on purpose. So honestly just ignore the (again i know easier said than done)
3. You probably gathered that by now, but i'm a fan of your series. Thank you for sharing it with us & keeping publishing new chapters & not letting rude reviewers stop you from writing.

I'm looking forward too reading your revised version now :)

Good luck to you and your muse maybe you will write & publish another story soon ;)
HogwartsStudent394 chapter 19 . 11/3/2016
What an amazing take on the story, I am so excited to read the next book!
HogwartsStudent394 chapter 1 . 10/28/2016
Oh my God, words can't describe how much I love this. Honestly, I hate Draco in the books, but I've always wondered what would happen if their exchange was different in the robe shop. You have done a WONDERFUL job making things realistic. I'm only on ch1, but I'm hoping with Draco being friends with Harry will influence him to being a better person, and possibly even likable.
*giddy giggle*
Cztelnik chapter 19 . 10/19/2016
Had to come read the new versions. Really enjoyed this year.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/9/2016
Wizards are probably nearly as behind as Americans when it comes to measurements
Dracenxamethyst chapter 19 . 9/30/2016
Awesome story. Loved it
percabeth1643 chapter 6 . 7/20/2016
Fahrenheit is logical too! ...Otherwise, great story!
fireball900 chapter 7 . 6/23/2016
Now I have the idea in my head of (in Canon) Draco & co going to the duel location, getting scared off by filch. Then Harry & co going there and getting scared off by filch.
Come morning, both sides are convinced the other side last a trap for them!
fireball900 chapter 5 . 6/23/2016
I Ike how you're handling Harry's moral quandaries here; his friends are saying everything's fine so he's rationalising their actions, but his conscience his still prodding at him.
fireball900 chapter 4 . 6/23/2016
...
It worked?
I guess I get to see what Hufflepuff Hermione looks like then...