Reviews for One Gold Ring
NJHarris chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
What a wonderful gift for Owen to give Abby for Christmas. He never fails to let Abby know just what she means to him. To show he sees her as his wife, the girl he loves more than anything. As they're "married" they can make it seem more official now she wears a ring. Even if they're the only ones who see themselves as husband and wife, it doesn't matter. They're in love and going to be together for eternity, who cares if the world doesn't know.
It's great for Owen to be able to see his uncle Lyle and his partner Stefan, as well as his younger brother. To be able to share with them his new life with Oscar and Abby, as well as their secret, will help to bring the family closer after Owen's mother having severed the ties.
From their flight to the cemetery, I can only guess as to who's graves Owen sat beside. The fact he's able to see his brother though, gives it away entirely. No matter his past with them, they're still family and I'm not surprised he went to place flowers on their graves.
They even have the jungle gym outside their home. I love how they see it as theirs, that this is where they first met, became friends and fell in love. They deserve to have it sit where they now live, as it's a part of their history together.
Another wonderful story with my favourite pairing. Further capturing the love these two share for each other, with Owen giving Abby an early Chritsmas present. Loved it!
DestroyerDRT chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
I just love how you write these two better than other write lest the stories you write are not just sex for the two.
The Dark Eccentric chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Nice job, its sweet. And you really had planned these oneshots a good bit in advance with all the hints dropped (or picked up, heh) in that main story. Well I like how you did all this. And everything was well in keeping with your characters (because with all the character development you've done, these are pretty much your characters now).
JMCracer chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Nice job. Abby's reaction to the ring is nice touch. I would be interested in finding out what their uncle's response to the ring is. Really enjoyed the loving atmosphere.

Good Job
moviefan-92 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Phew. For a minute I thought you made Abby and Owen have a kid. That would have been way too weird. But I'm confused, you said it was his brother. Did Owen's parents come to the ranch? Does his Uncle Lyle know what's going on?
BigFriendlyGun9000 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Whoops, looks like I may have left my review on your Valentines day story before I read this, so now I know who Johnny is. But to business. It was a good "fluff" story. It was rather sweet. I liked it.
Mecha74 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
The Presidental references were interesting, you've got me wondering what that is all about.

More Silver Bullet of course, definetly one of my favorite King films.

"Five more minutes." Ha ha, I loved that. XD

Hmmm...would vampires need to brush their teeth? Would the immortality that their physical bodies enjoy not also extend to their teeth? Just thinking out loud.

Again, the idea of bringing the jungle gym from Los Alamos to the ranch was just sheer genius and I wish I had thought of it first. Awesome.

The talk about Owen's coat was very sweet, especially what Abby said about Owen being her knight in shinning armor.

The cemetary piece was pretty powerful and well written, makes me think of COF where Abby and Owen visit the grave of Owen's mother.

The ring scene was just wonderful, kinda like what I did in COF when I had Owen propose to Abby back in Los Alamos at the jungle gym. I mean where else could a proposal take place for them? It just fits perfectly.

A warm and pleasant tale and a joy to read. Great work. :)
jessy0622 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Loved it!3
RobGill chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
"In the small town of Tarker's Mills, Maine, a wheelchair bound boy named Marty Coslaw prepares a trap for the beast..."

And I'm confident that, sooner or later, these distant events will come to influence the lives of Abby and Owen. Or not.

"the playground apparatus that had once stood in the courtyard of Owen's old apartment complex in Los Alamos."

Oh, I'd love to know the story behind *that*. I can't think of any earthly reason why the two would make off with that particular item from the apartments...unless, of course, the apartment's residents had no more use for it. The plot thickens...

Lovely touch with the ring, specifically the fact that Jebediah's former ownership of it is not a liability, but benefits them.

"Owen sighed heavily and placed the two of the bouquets before a plaque with a pair of names that had only been in place since the summer."

Oh, man; this is *definitely* getting disturbing, even though I have a vague idea of who those names must be...

Again, thanks for referencing real-life historical events; I know that not everyone is happy with that practice, but it doesn't hurt to remind people, now and then, that we're dealing with a different time period.
Kingdomalith chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Nice!

I loved the snowman bit. How she never made a snowman before would be probable and sad at the same time.

So I see you put in names from the characters in the novel? Or is that just coincidence?

Can't wait to see what you do next!

Kingdomalith
Makokam chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
I think you could have given a lot less away then you did.

For example, you could have mentioned the jungle gym and left it at that, since I imagine that'd be something you'd detail in (one of) the story between Eternally Bonded and this one.

Another thing that bugged me since you're usually so meticulous in your details is that... San Fransisco time, or Pacific Standard Time, is an hour EARLIER than Mountain Standard Time, so he'd actually be up "later" than usual.

Also... uhm... I have no idea what a nine month old would do with a jungle gym, aside from hold onto it and bounce a little, as walking at 10 months is usually considered pretty impressive.

ANYWAY!

It's a cute little story. I can't wait to see what anyone says when they notice the ring.

No go write your next Kick-Ass fic dammnit! XD
StakeTheHeart chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Awww how cute. Christmas happiness in the making. There are a lot of questions concerning small things but I assure you they aren't bad just my curiousity. You said they may be spoilers so I'll go with that lol. Glad to see something from you again!
DavidZahir chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
All together now...awwwwww!
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Aw, they brough the jungle gym from Los Alamos! And I think I can figure out one of the stories from what happened in the graveyard, and Johnny's presence. I must say I look forward to reading it!

I can imagine vampires wanting clean teeth :)

Nice to know the silver jacket is still around and in use. I always thought it looked a bit space-suity myself.

Vampire snowman, LOL!

So it was Jeb's family ring. Loved Owen giving it to Abby as a symbol of their "marriage." I bet it will make Oscar very happy to see it.

Very good Christmas story, and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well!