Reviews for Dulce Et Decorum Est
geophf chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Dear Hev99,

What a wonderfully-written story! I like this very much, it was so well put together and so easy to read in its simplicity: Emmett at the front, longing for his Rosie, and Rosalie at home, wasting away, but never, ever giving up that last bit of hope for her Emmett.

And your story was a happy one throughout, off such a sad, sad hopeless poem, right up to the bitter end, the surprising knock ... well, knocked away the bitterness and left us with that sweet, that dulce moment where they were reunited after all they went through separately, and one can just feel the beginning of the new story after this where they will go through all that they will, but it will be indeed sweet, because now they will be ever after inseparably together.

Thank you for this story, Hev99, it was short, and sweet, and perfect.

A fitting story for the words "Dulce et decorum est," but for Rosalie and Emmett: "pro familia vivi."

love, geophf
Princess Cruella chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Wow! This is simply amazing! No words can describe how well you did! I actually cried! Both my father and brother are in the Army and I know how difficult it can be through deployments! You did an amazing job! I loved it! :D
KeeWit chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
This was so sad!
Jeraly chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Thank you for this well written story
Just a Girl INACTIVE chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I'm a blubbering mess!

That was incredibly heart-wrenching and touching. I have a real love/hate with everything war related. It makes me cry like a baby when I read/watch about it, but at the same time I find it intriguing and the best romances are always created from it.

*Sigh*

It was amazing. Words cannot describe how much I loved this.

She just couldn't work right without him and she was his reason for living. I found your description of men going over the top incredibly profound and words seem to leave me!

Amazing! I don't know why it hasn't got more reviews!
Burntcore chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Oh thank god he made it home!
lulabelle98 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
You had me going there; I thought he had been killed.

Beautiful, Hev. I don't know what you were worried about. This was so well written. Loved it.
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
That is a most tender and beautiful tale

Reb
eli-dunbigboot chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Very moving. Beautifully written.
jansails chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Whew...the fear & the hope, the longing, memories held & cherished, then hope is sustained.

jansails/jan2
Nostalgicmiss chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
It's beautiful, again I read through it and cried.

Your words are almost poetic in your execution, you weave all of these raw emotions into a character that really, truly could have lived in the period you have them in.

I really think this hits home as to how isolating it can be for soldiers away from the people they love, and for their families who are left to go on without them. You've done such an outstanding job of getting all of that in, and really making the reader sit up and take notice of the characters.

I don't know how you do it, but once again, I am in awe of you!

I love you MORE! (Figured I would sneak that in there even though it's your day lol)