Reviews for The Yankee Christmas
twobrothers chapter 1 . 3/2
Nice! Jess' first Christmas at the Sherman Ranch would be special.
NokuMarieDeux chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I wish I could do as short and sweet as this! Reminded me of my childhood when going out to woods to select that perfect tree was a happy family outing.
Texas Rose 912 chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Great story. Loved the premise. Thanks for writing another peek into Jess Harper's past and the great TV series, Laramie.

(Thought you'd like to know that it does snow quiet often in the Texas Panhandle.)
sb4ever chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
How wonderful this is! Perfect for the holiday season. Christmas IS a time to share with family-and that means people you love and care about not necessarily by blood. How serendipitous it was when Jess wandered onto the Sherman property. He not only got a job. he became part of a family and we all need family. Nice job!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Sweet and lovely story.:)
Fortitudine chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Aaahhhh. Heartfelt and well-written. Nice to see you writing about the pards' early days again; this is a lovely Christmas story.
kayaklady chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Merry Christmas Badger and thanks for a wonderful tale.

Holidays aren't always easy especially as one transitions for one set of circumstances to another. I thought that you captured the feeling of the early days in the relationship very well.

I especially enjoyed the fact that you had the men use a bobsled to get the tree. Wagon wheels stink in snow and this was a lovely touch.

I also got a chuckle about, "bluebelly President," and Slim's reaction to the statement. Politics would definately be a touchy subject between Slim & Jess.

So thank you for a wonderful story.