Reviews for The Explosions Song
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Beautiful! Well done!
sparra-music chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Oh, this made me laugh SO HARD! I just kept thinking of Carter's face every time he gestures and makes sound effect for an explosion he describes in the barracks. "And then Boom! Boom! Kabloooshkablaaaahsh..." And then the last verse... well, I thought of his face in "The Well"- when he shrugs off the blanket and says he'll walk himself home.
Lord Rebecca-sama chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
hahaha that was great! loved it. _

~Lord Rebecca-Sama
Nyala Necheyev chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
That is so funny! ROFL Now I have something new for my little brothers to sing next Hannukah... XD
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
This one is terrific too: perfect match of words, topic, and music. It fits Carter so very well! I was trying to identify specific episodes from the stanzas, and I got that the last stanza is “A Klink, a Bomb, and a Short Fuse.” I haven't figured out the others yet, though I'll keep working on them!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Good job filking my second favorite Hanukkah song. And the scansion is better than on most filk songs, too.
Jennaya chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
I love it and think it's your best one yet!
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Oh, I love it! Got a lot of laughs out of this and now I can't stop humming it. :D
jodm chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I love this! I don't know the song, but I can remember some of tthe episodes. Carter really loves those explosions!
lol chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Pretty good! You can dismiss the lines that don't rhyme by saying the original was not in Engish. g
Belphegor chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I just *have* to look up and listen to this song when I get back home :o) Oh, Carter, you and your enthusiasm for explosives, how do we love you! I just love your HH songs :D
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
I'm not familiar with this song, but that describes our Carter to a 'T.'
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
This was BRILLIANT! I absolutely loved it, and can't stop singing "Oh Colonel, Colonel, Colonel"! If there's a PBA for best holiday song parody, this gets my vote.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
I've always liked this song (even though I'm not Jewish) and I think this is a great rewrite. The rhythm and flow are spot on. And Carter's voice especially is bang on, right down to the piece of pie. Wonderful ending too, as satisfying as if this was a story.
snooky chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Sending virtual Chanukah gelt your way! thanks!