Reviews for The Gift from a Card Game
TDDolphin chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
I love this story! Admittedly I don't know much about Magic: The Gathering, but just from reading this I've gotten the rules down. You did very well on that explanation, and the fact that you wrote Cody teaching Bridgette how to play made it even more awesome. I find it hard to believe that Noah got a job as a lifeguard though, he's obviously too lazy for it. Hahaha.

As for the two lovebirds themselves. Cody/Bridgette is my favorite fandom pairing in Total Drama. I know that they were just friends in this story, but come on, it could happen. They were both in character, as was Noah, who cracked me up in almost every scene he was in. It's kind of hard for me to believe that Heather is a Yu-Gi-Oh fan. It just doesn't seem right in my opinion. But, the whole McAshy arc was incredible, and Chris's appearence, as well as his challenge, was a pleasent surprise.

So all in all, your story is amazing. It's one of my favorite Bridgette/Cody fanfics I've ever read. And I really hope you decide to do your sequel story at some point. And maybe you could bring Harold into it, that would be awesome. Good job with this one.
The Reaper chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I'd have to go, the first person that commented on your story. It sure was
alot to read there, in just one chapter to say the least. And it probably would have been, broken up in some parts into chapters? I don't know? I'm no expert. But, I will say this you sure do have quite an imagination, when you write. Maybe that's why, you got such a talent for it? BUT, anyway it was quite an interesting read and story for me. I was surprised that Heather had a thing for playing that card game? Never in my wildest dreams, would I've ever pictured Heather of all things! GO, figure! Hope to read the next chapter of this story, and many chapters to come. ;) I'd have to agree, with TDI Charlie Brown; this story does deserve some recognition. And for that, I'll be sure to pass this story along and along the others I've read on here for sure.
Godzillaking269 chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Nice reference, also good job of adding some character to Heather.
JRC chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I have to admit, I really enjoyed this story. I like Cody as a character (I'll right I can relate to him, I admit it). And I haven't read a good Cody fic like this one in awhile. Keep up the great work!
RaptorIV chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Anything but 4kids! AUUUUGGGGHHH :)
TDI Charlie Brown chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Woof! What a read! And a good one too, at that! Thanks for the entry!

Really, this was a cute story. It really wasn't a romantic story: just an adventure story that involved the two interacting for the first time. And over a game of Magic: The Gathering...is it sad to say that I understood that entire part where they were explaining the game? Meh, I guess not.

That challenge was a nice twist to the story as well. And by God, what a ride! Makes me not want to go shopping on Black Friday anytime soon...brrrr, bad memories. lol

And hey, an appearance by the blockhead Charlie Brown himself! (Nice cameo, but sorry. No brownie points. jk jk).

Overall, I found this read to be very enjoyable. But two ideas of constructive criticism:

1.) Some of your grammar needs work. Again, I wasn't asking for perfection but I did find quite a few errors. More than I would have liked.

2.) You probably could have broken this up into three different chapters. That was allowed for the contest as it does meet the word quota. That way, it would have been a little more organized.

But other than that, great entry! I'll be sure to share this with the other readers as it deserves more recognition!

TDI Charlie Brown!