Reviews for Revenge is Sweet Payback's Even Better
Lamarquise chapter 3 . 4/9
I was enjoying this until you, for whatever reason, decided to make Rachel a moustache-twirling black hat too. Divorce is rarely if ever one-sided. Isn't she more interesting as a flesh-and-blood woman who's decent but insecure and somewhat self-absorbed? Canon suggests that she couldn't handle playing second fiddle to Danny's job; she sought more safety and stability with Stan and probably thought he'd better meet her needs only to discover to her sorrow that he wasn't any safer or more invested and was more interested in looking perfect than being a family. He was petty and arrogant; at least Danny had warmth, generosity, and (generally) ethics. I think the affair was on both Rachel and Danny and that Danny probably didn't do enough to communicate and reassure Rachel when it could have made a difference and that Rachel rationally decided she couldn't count on him. Her decision to return to Stan was, I think, pragmatic and perhaps even somewhat unselfish; it can't have been a very appealing option. But she'd fouled things up badly again, and I think she wasn't ready to face another divorce and possibly a paternity dispute and a new baby and even more upheaval in Grace's life and money trouble and being rejected by Stan's crowd and rebuilding her life again and failing spectacularly again. I'd even believe she felt guilty and sorry for Stan, picked to be a rebound guy and anti-Danny and not for his own merits and that Stan isn't a total jerk. I think Rachel probably was thinking of the baby, though I think she probably was rash and should have waited to be absolutely sure as to paternity. It didn't sound as if conclusive testing was done. Frankly, I think the show botched and neglected a lot of potential here and that real, complicated characters are fun.
Ryhn chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
It was a very nice story, with a pretty end for the little family !

I hope you will write another Hawaii 5-0 'story because this was so great ! : )
crokettsgirl chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
I really enjoyed this story so very much. I am so glad you did the epilogue and did it so well. Some would skim over it but you told every detail from both Steve and Danny's pov which I thought was so well done. There are no questions because you answered even the tinyest of them. From the living arrangements and Danny owning part of the house. Then everything with Rachel and how Grace got through it all. How the kids are being taken care of and how Danny honored Steve with being Godfather and using John for the first name. Also I love that you brought Danny's mom in it and explained the Reason for everything and how close as brothers these two are. Excellent job. Can't wait for your next story...I really enjoyed this so much. Sue

Oh and since I review all here you won't see my review on LJ. Hope you had a happy holiday!
neptune60 chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
I know the writers pretty much butchered Danny's and Rachels relationship last season, but turning Rachel into some evil witch is taking things a bit far. Rachel loves Stan but still had feelings for Danny and one thing led to the other. There's no need to turn Stan or Rachel into such horrible characters and Danny comes out smelling of roses. He was sleeping with a married woman. In fact Stan has every reason to be angry at Danny, I wonder how Danny would have reacted if was still married to Rachel and found out she was sleeping with Stan. You brush over Dannys part in all of this as being of no consequence but I'm pretty sure Danny would have done a lot more than oust Stan from his Apartment if things had been the other way round.

Steve is like some hired thug here as well, bullying and threatening to kill people over maritial issues. This is not something I could see Steve doing.
francis2 chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
This was a great revenge story.
Qweb chapter 4 . 12/25/2011
Poor Grace. All that was awfully hard on her. Good thing she has the men in her life to help her through.
Ryhn chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
Rachel is very manipulating ! And I like how Steve help Danny ! Amazing chapter !
Qweb chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
Powerful. Rachel is so manipulating. Glad she got her just desserts.
crokettsgirl chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
This was really done well. I like how you used Steve's back round and all his contacts to get all the information on Rachel and how now she is willing to do whatever Steve wants. I hope they do the test on Rachel and find out the baby is Danny's.

I don't know if this is censored and there is more on LJ, slash?

I would love to see Danny get Grace and if the baby is his , then the baby too...Really enjoyed this chapter.

Oh again I'm abbeyrd62561 on lj incase I go there to read this is you tell me it's more in the slash mode...take care happy holidays! Sue
Ryhn chapter 2 . 12/24/2011
very great chapter ! Love this ! Can't wait for to see what Rachel will do : )
Qweb chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
Phew! I knew it would be a bad idea to get stevemad at you. He's very scary.

What will Rachel do? Try to get Danny back? Run away again?
crokettsgirl chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
Love how you had Super Ninja Seal Steve go at Stan with his sly ways...great job. I'm glad Danny was so good about it and that Steve is getting him hooked up with a lawyer. I can't wait to see what Rachel does and also what happens with the lawyer. Then how Rachel reacts to that as well. Great
gymkidz2000 chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
Love this so far.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to use Bill Houseman in this?

Can't wait for more.
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I started to read this on LJ but realized a second chapter popped up from FFnet in my mail box...lol. I know I read Qweb's story but can't remember, Stan, Bruce? I read so many stories and I want to find out in due time..lol. I like how you started off and Steve realizing that someone is doing this to Danny. Then the calls and out the door to see toast. I really wish they'd have him in another episode again I loved him...lol..ok on to the next chapter that isn't up on LJ yet..hehehehe, so I get a sneak preview...Sue (abbeyrd62561)
Qweb chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I wrote the story so I know but I won't give anything away here for people who want to be surprised. Heh heh. Now Danny's enemy has Steve on his case. He's in trouble!