Reviews for Call On Your Angels
RandomFandom5 chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
I KNEW IT. I knew Riff was a marshmallow. I could imagine him and Tony glaring at Schrank when he was talking about the "misplaced code of honor." I would've glared at him if I had been there. I mean come on, has he ever heard the Jet Song? *shoves hands in pockets and continues sheepishly* Um, don't answer that. Anyway, the point is, the story rocked.
Sunrise19 chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Aww..this, this story was really sweet and very well written! Everyone was in character..and Shrank did remind me of Scrooge a bit..lol..I'd login but I'm having trouble with that..this story was awesome though, very well written!
Lady Amberjo chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Aw, bwah, I’m happy to help, any time I can!

IMany were aimless wanderers, their eyes sunken and lost and filled with the memories of their unhappy lives and ends. Three, however, stood apart from them. Their eyes were clear./I

This strikes me as a very elegant description, and implies nicely that they’re still “with us,” but have left all of the strife we know so well from the musical behind.

There’s a very believable level of futility surrounding Schrank’s career, here. I was reading the entire middle of the story with a lot of grim nodding and thinking, “People are jerks. Yep.” Which...is probably exactly what Schrank was thinking on a daily basis, and it’s an especially lousy thing to think at Christmastime, so his cynicism was very believable.

I“We keep his brat from maybe killing someone, at least this time, and then we see what kinda support he gets at home. His old man thinks he can do no wrong, or he's in denial that the kid ain't perfect, and the kid thinks he can get away with anything.”/I

This. This is uncomfortably true to life. Unfortunately. And the contrast between that and the other poor woman gave us a nice look at both ends of the “oh wow this part of the job sucks” spectrum. I almost feel like that revelation was more important for Tony, Riff, and Bernardo than anything else.

Both sides coming together at the end was a nice callback to the musical, I think. And Riff, fffffff, that’s so cute. Doling out his little Christmas miracles and acting like it’s no big thing.

...and now I have to fight the urge to picture Schrank having a hundred eggnogs over at Krupke’s place and having a weepy “I love you, man!” moment. While wearing a Santa hat. Or even better, reindeer antlers.
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Finally, I get the chance to review! So sorry for the wait.

Wow, this turned out a lot different from what I expected! I like it a lot, though. It seemed so discouraging for Schrank and Krupke for the longest time, that I really wondered how it would ever turn around for them. What a miserable Christmas Eve!

But I love how it ended up, with the gang members helping out. I particularly love the words from the pastor. I think those really helped to make the scene. And I like the idea of police officers doing Jesus's work - that's such an awesome idea!

I'm glad things turned out better for Schrank. And it was pretty awesome that Riff was the one who saved the statue, especially since he always pretended not to care.

Awesome story!
Cynicallia chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Aaw, nice story, Daisy. I'm not into this fandom where I would know, but I imagine, ye did quite well in keeping the characters true to their ..character.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Ooh, this is an amazing, powerful fic! The opening image of spirits visiting to observe the living is very vivid (and almost Dickensian).

"The year Schrank and Krupke were bombarded by snowballs." LOL. That's a fic waiting to be written.

Oh, Schrank. I can literally hear his voice as he complains about the people singing "White Christmas." Ah, and speaking of Dickensian, loved the Schrank-Scrooge comparison!

...Jasper totally deserved that. And Schrank's "Self-defense" retort was awesome. And the contrast between Jasper and the woman is wonderfully juxtaposed-yet we see how Schrank loathes both kinds of discussions.

D'aaw, Krupke inviting Schrank to his sister's house... And ooh, I can totally picture Schrank being divorced. Ouch.

...Icicle lights. Oh, goodness...

And yikes, just when things couldn't get worse! The fire scene is so tragic; Schrank had every right to be furious with those teens. And the spirits' commentary during that scene is sad, too.

Aww, Maryanne. I love how spiritual the scene becomes, and how Krupke thinks there's still hope.

And I'd never thought I'd say this, but awww, Riff...

Awesome fic!