Reviews for To Summon A Friend
Magesa chapter 1 . 3/2
Thanks for this story. It's so nice to see a Sherlock/Bartimaeus crossover. Brilliant! The Bartimaeus Trilogy is one of my absolute favorite books from my childhood and I am always trying to get people to read it.
mangofeeesh chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
I really like this story! You should continue it.
Rudolphsd chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
The hell is this? Who writes Bartamaeus and SHERLOCK in the same story? I liked the idea, but it didn't seem in either of their characters, especially Bartamaeus's!
OMG! KITTY AND NATHANIEL HAD A CHILD?!
Jade TeaLeaf chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
You know, The Bartimaeus Trilogy has always been a favorite of mine (as is Sherlock). To see this unlikely crossover sparked some curiosity in me and I'm glad I took the time to check it out. Sherlock and Bartimaeus, both witty and clever and so very short on patience.

This one-shot had me smiling and it just seemed so... right. Sherlock is not quite as obnoxious as his adult self but that's alright because your accuracy on Bartimaeus's footnotes was just spot-on! I am also not the most sentimental person, but the emotions made my heart wrench just a little (which is quite a feat for a stone-heart like me). If you would write one where Sherlock actually does his deductions on Bartimaeus, I think that would be hilarious. I could see the djinn sputtering away as Sherlock hits the nail on the head every. Single. Time.

Anyways, I'm glad that you took the time to put this unlikely pairing into a wonderful one-shot. May you always write more. :)

Jade TeaLeaf
TheRangersArrow chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Yes, yes you should write more :3
Flutiste chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
OH! a Bartimaeus Trilogy fanfic! The first one I have ever read. I loved the trilogy as a kid, and I was so sad when Nat died. He said he wasn't a hero, and he looked like a politician in making, then he died! I was depressed for weeks, although the ending didn't surprised me. It is very fitting for Sherlock to be Kitty's grandson in a way. And this make me appreciate the skull in a new way.
Bard of Chaos chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
This is great! What if you did a sequel where Sherlock called Bartimaeus again right before the Fall?
Silvermoon of Forestclan chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I did like if- very much! I hope you continue.
A good origin-of-the-skull story.
-Silvermoon
pearlgirl97 chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Okay, I would definitely love to see a future in this universe where Sherlock summons him to help him with a case. Great job with this story, I really enjoyed reading it. :)
Nietzsches chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Okay, found this story a bit late, but I really very much love it!

I don't even know where to begin, but it makes my head fill with lots of absurd ideas. It's really kinda weird how well fitting this strange crossover turns out, taking Sherlocks and Bartimaeus' personalities alone in account.

And really, it makes me think about the possibilities it bears. Like what Sherlock says to John about the skull in a study in pink (an old friend. well, I say friend...)the way Sherlock remembers his first meeting with Bartimaeus and how John doesn't know that Sherlock is not a commoner as most people know about magicans only from stories now as ist was before their time (except maybe Microft, because he's the British Government and it's his job to find magicans and make shure those people don't get any ideas and at the same time he doesn't know that his own brother is one... or maybe Microft himself is a magican, too cause the Government needs own employed magicans to track down other magicans, they just need to do it secretly) and of course Sherlock keeps his promise and doesn't summon Bartimaeus until The Fall comes and the only way for Sherlock to survive his encounter with Moriarty and fake his death would be to summon an old friend, and guess how surprised Bartimaeus would be to see what a person that weird 10 year old boy hat become...

oh well, that was an awful long sentence...

But if you're still reading this comment, I just wanted to casually tell you that you got Bartimaeus' witty humour quite well. really it's... entertaining.

So I know this story didn't get too much response as it is with many (not all) crossovers but if you ever felt like writing some words in this AU I'd be ridiculously happy.

Oh boy, I don't think I ever before asked for a sequel and looking at my long text I surely did it wrong but just... considering all the possibilities it helds... I can't get my mind of it!
alljuststories chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Awww... that's so cute... Sherlock as a kid is really adorable.
Annle chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
I hate to be nitpicky, but your timeline is technically incorrect. The Bartimaeus Trilogy takes place sometime in the mid 1990's to 2000. (I don't remember the exact year. To calculate it, you take the number of years it's been since Ptolemy died, [mentioned in The Amulet of Samarkand] and add it to the year Ptolemy died, treating the year he died as a negative number since it's BC.) Yeah... In case you couldn't tell, I've re-read the series a lot.

But then again, I suppose that to get Sherlock in the story it would have to be set in his time period. So there goes the entire point of my review right out the window.

Let's see.. what else can I say. BARTIMAEUS! He was so perfectly, completely, utterly in character! I re-read your fanfiction several times. I loved the way you formatted the footnotes( most people tend to put them at the bottom of the story, which annoys me to no end.)

In your author's note you said you might write more in the Bartimaeus fandom. Please do! It would be so awesome to have more stories from you.
SourSugarQuills chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Truly sweet, dear. You have a knack for writing really nicely, in the beginning Bartimaeus described rather poetically...So, it truly was wonderful. A great twist onto how Sherlock got the skull. I really would like to see more, if you truly wouldn't mind.

~SSQ
Raikoutsun chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
I LIKE IT! Whoaaa! I never thought that this crossover really existed but here I am, laughing like crazy. The combination of those two would be amazing and witty and mindblowing and full of sarcasm and fun to watch, really. To bad they only met when Sherlock was just a kid. It would be nice to see Bartimaeus on Sherlock's side instead of John (not that I dislike John or anything, but oh come on, who wouldn't want to see them being paired?)

Your Barty was so nice and IC, love it so much, especially when he called Jesus 'a bloke', that smartass old djinn. Even though Sherlock was a bit of out of character for me, but that's ok, since he was still a child here.

Could you please make this again but with adult Sherlock? Maybe he called him for help at Reichenbach Fall event? Oh God, I need more of your stories!
Hitomi Kina Ryuu chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I loved this story. Do you think that you could maybe do a sequel of when Sherlock is older?