Reviews for Daddy's Little Girl
Autumnsonlyone chapter 4 . 1/16/2012
Heya! Please update soon. I really like this story and would love to see where you are going with it. Please don't abandon it. )
HarleyQuinn92 chapter 4 . 7/13/2011
Good story, I hope you finish it one day! Don't worry about the haters! :)
HermioneandMarcus chapter 4 . 7/9/2008
Great story and i can not wait to read more of it so please update as soon as you can please
Cha's Aegis chapter 4 . 4/17/2005
This is a really interesting idea you came up with. It's a little outside canon, but a little alternate universe spices up the mix a bit. I'm so glad that you didn't go with the whole Lonnie-discovers-child-with-old-girlfriend-who-never-told-him-and-now-she's-dead-so-he-has-to-raise-her bit. You do have a few spelling errors, nothing that many other writers haven't done many times over. Otherwise the story flows nicely. I hope that soon you'll get back to writing this story. Writing can be frustrating sometimes, but the only way you'll improve is by keeping at it. I know that some people don't like using Beta readers for various reasons, but if you'd like help with this, I'd be happy to volunteer my services. Otherwise, you already have a pretty good start with a strong topic. You're keeping in line with the characters which is greatly appreciated by people like me who watched the show when it was originally on. Please consider finishing this.
GRICH chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
What Happens? What Happens? I'm dying to know.
Jessie13 chapter 4 . 1/6/2005
Hey, love the story. Keep up the good work.
Lady Phoenix Skywind chapter 4 . 6/13/2004
Wonderfully written. PLEASE keep going. I can't wait to see what heppenes next and where you take this story.
katewindsor chapter 2 . 1/9/2004
Very well written, and nice plot. Please update soon.
Donna Martin chapter 4 . 6/19/2003
I loved this story. I see some criticism and I have to say that it is "fiction". It was interesting to me and I'm always looking for more "Heat" fan fiction, so keep on writing.
Redneckchic37 chapter 4 . 3/31/2003
I really like this story so far! It's been a while since you updated, though...Please do so!

—R
Kat156 chapter 4 . 5/30/2002
Well. These are pretty spiteful and nasty reviews. People have differing tastes and view points - that's one of the beauties of a site like this one. But to post reviews as hateful as a couple of these are is sad.

Juliabeth, you might want to indicate that this is an AU story, as clearly you've chosen to write out Hampton Forbes and make other changes to the "In the Heat of the Night" canon. That might help clear up the confusion for readers who don't pick up on that right away. It is a little confusing as it stands. I see a romance here centered around Lt. Jamison, but not another story centered around his 'family,' so kudos to you for bucking the trend. Please don't let these folks get to you.

Please, guys, let's keep the criticism constructive, rather than destructive. This section of has just gotten started. It would be great to see other writers take the risk and publish stories for us to discuss and enjoy. That's less likely to happen if the review section gets full of people who haven't posted stories of their own, but jump on to trash everybody else's efforts.
wolfeblayde chapter 1 . 5/30/2002
To answer your questions, Patty, I run the spell checker, have someone beta read my stories, and spell the character's name correctly. My stories aren't perfect, but I'm not content to slap something on the page and hope that it's right.

This may be fan fiction, but that's no excuse for sloppy writing. It doesn't matter if you're the Sparta town planner and know every street in the place. If you can't spell the main character's name correctly, don't expect your readers to take you seriously.
Patty6 chapter 1 . 5/29/2002
I don't understand what is wrong with the story. Its not sickening sweet. The information is well thought out. Its geographly correct. As for Spelling, Its a fiction story I guess she could add an E if she wanted too. WolfBlade do you always spell everything correct with no errors? Are you perfect? Everyone can make a mistake there are no perfect people in this world.
nicotine chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
I haven't seen this much saccharine floating around since the Sweet-n-Low truck jackknifed on I-20.

As for the manure level of these reviews, let's just say that you could power up the Pacific Northwest using it.

If you're going to review, do it honestly. Otherwise, just admit that you're both in love with yourselves.
wolfeblayde chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
Let's see - where to begin? According to the TNT home page and everything else that I've read, the character's name is spelled "Jamison." A beta reader to take care of grammatical mistakes such as your/you're would be very helpful.

Then there are few problems with the plot. Either the daughter is from some previous relationship, or else this story would have to take place sixteen years from the end of the series. In that case, the Chief would be retired or dead, Sparta would not be the same town that it was in the series, and the police department would certainly not be the same as it was in the series.

The end result is a story that is not particularly believable. There are ways to explain this new character which would give her presence in the story more credibility, and I think you need to consider that when you rewrite this.