Reviews for That Moment
AlElizabeth chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Once again a great fanfic. I always wished that Sam had picked up the amulet after Dean had thrown it in the trash but, alas we may never know. Keep up the great job!
Sam-and-Sherlock-in-the-TARDIS chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Another tearjerker! I love the style of writing especially with all the unsaid things in parentheses. It gives this piece, and all the others I've read, something unique.
friendshipsoverships chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Oh man, that was so good!
Grettigirl123 chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I recently read "Rivers and Roads" and really liked it so I thought I would try another story of yours, and I'm glad I did. I know this is an older story for you, but wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your writing style, it's very descriptive. I also like the way you keep Sam and Dean in character, I can hear them saying the dialogue in my head as I'm reading. I will have to check out more of your stories. Thanks for another good read. :)
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Sorry it took so long to get to the review but i was gone for the hollidays all weekend!

I can really see Sam and Dean spending their christmas in a cheap motel watching a made for tv movie! And Sam gives Dean the concert tickets and Dean apologizing for not giving him a gift. Dean thinks the tickets are a perfect gift but dosent mention the unhappy memories they brought up of past christmas and the heartache. But they are together and this is one monent and christmas they will never forget because they are together. Fantastic and a wonderful little story!

Sarah
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This is very sweet and poignant. You've hit it just right.
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Such a cute but great christmas story! Was gone for the holliday weekend or id have read the story earlier!

I can see them lying on a bed on christmas day in their usual cheap motel room. And Sam gives Dean a special gift. Concert tickets. And it brings back memories for Dean, painful ones though he hides it from Sam! But they will remember the moment and this christmas and the special gift forever! Fantastic and very well done!

Sarah
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Wow. This was SO not what I was expecting. You made me cry. Honest to Chuck, crying. *sniffle* But you're right. With all those boys have been through, material objects have never been the most important. It wasn't the amulet, it was what it represented. And no angels, demons, Heaven, Hell, or anything in between can take that away from them. Although, I reeeeeally can't help the tiny itty bitty little hope that he did pick it up. Heehee What can I say? As much as I LOVE the angst, I'm still a schmoop whore deep down. Lol I hope when the series does end, that amulet makes an appearance. But if it doesn't, this fic has provided a very important message. Thank you so much. *hugs*
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
I really liked this story. It was a little sad, but very good. Thanks for sharing this and Merry Christmas. :)
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
But that doesn't make it any less valuable, any less loved. It's lost, just like the people they've lost, just like the places and dreams they've lost, all sacrifices to this bigger picture that they've never been able to see (the bigger picture that has never made sense).

That moment, with the two boys in the hotel room, together and happy and complete, will never be lost. And maybe that's the important thing. That they'll always be able to go back to that moment because it's a part of them (and always will be).

Just so damn beautiful! Gave me goose bumps...Yep...it truly did.

I miss that ugly thing around Dean's neck. But you brought this into a whole other perspective. They boys will never be lost to one another...ugh! And things - though lost - are still there in our hearts and still loved...guh! Perfect-amundo...for the season!

I loved it! I am glad the gift was concert tickets!

Merry Christmas!

Karen
FoxFire90 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Ah,

This was so bittersweet! It was beautiful and sad at the same time and it worked.

You got that the boys were screwed but were happily screwed together.

Amazing :)

-Fox
thesmileofawinchester chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Did you do that to break peoples hearts? Really?

It's brilliant and beautiful AND I HATE IT!

*grumble*
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
"If I'd known it was gonna take you this long, I would've given it to you last Christmas," Sam mutters impatiently...

~*~*~*~*~

LOL - love it! Such a bitchy, little bro thing to say!

~*~*~*~*~

...as he examines the gift, something inside him awakens.

~*~*~*~*~

GUH. Love that Dean suddenly and silently hopes it's the Samulet.

~*~*~*~*~

The room is silent, but the clink of metal on the bottom of a trashcan resounds in his ears.

~*~*~*~*~

GUH, again. What are you doing to me? I can't read fast enough to see if it's really what Dean thinks it is...and what I'm hoping it is, too.

~*~*~*~*~

...for a moment, it all comes rushing back, what he did, what he can't take back, and it makes him want to cry...

~*~*~*~*~

OMG. Me, too. Dean's disappoinment - in himself, in his actions, in this not being the Samulet - is palpable.

~*~*~*~*~

"I didn't pick it up, Dean. I should've, I wish I had, but...I didn't."

~*~*~*~*~

Whaaaat? OMG, Callie - WTF are you doing to me? I mean, definite points for doing something different with the hotly debated topic of the Samulet's whereabouts, but still...GUH.

~*~*~*~*~

...and it's funny how bad decisions follow you around for so long.

~*~*~*~*~

Mmhmm. Preach it, sister.

And then the whole part about little Sammy just wanting to make little Dean happy, and little Dean just wanting to keep little Sammy safe? Yeah...perfection, those two paragraphs.

~*~*~*~*~

...with nothing but a night sky, some fireworks, and his Sammy at his side.

~*~*~*~*~

*loves that scene so damn much*

Thanks for mentioning it. :)

And then I love the parallels of the "I love it" that was said back then about the Samulet to the same thing being said now about the concert tickets.

And I love how you compare the Samulet being lost to everything else they've lost along the way. It's heartbreakingly sad, but so beautiful and so true.

~*~*~*~*~

His voice the rough, kind tone that Sam loves.

~*~*~*~*~

Sam's not the only one. ;)

This was great - thanks, my darling!
xenascully chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
aww :) very sweet! nice job!
binkeybella chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
ah, Sparkiebunny, you do write sweet SPN one-shots! I could read them forever. Your boys are spot on. Thanks for the Christmas treat!