Reviews for The Season Bright
hiddenhibernian chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Oh, this was brilliant - very well written! You give Tonks a very persuasive voice, and the twist with Snuffles at the end was simply genious.
The Slytherin Devoid chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
That was bloody brilliant, one of the greatest RL/NT fanfics I've read in a long time, I absolutely loved it, Everything was just bloody perfect and soo cute, in fact I'm melting into a pool of nothingness as we speak, I also loved how in character they were and that dance *sigh* just simply beautiful, The ending with Padfoot was a really nice addition too, all in all, bloody good job, can't wait to read more, I feel like you should write a sequel with Tonks meeting Sirius and of course chuck in a whole bunch of fluffy moments in too it'd be grand in fact I think I would actually beg you to do so... putting my stench of desperation aside that was truly marvelous, keep up the good work and I hope to see more of you in the very near future :D
cursivenight chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Marvelous. Excellent writing, believable plot, and you did an excellent job with all if the characters. Wonderful story!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Brilliant! Soooooo cute.

Sandalwood & burnt toast? Have to think about that. I thought it was chocolately mustiness & vanilla with cinnamon.
unique.normality chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
I loved this! Even if some things changed, this ship will never go down
anoesis chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I'm not a huge fan of the Remus/Tonks paring, but having made my way over here from LJ, I thought I'd give it a go, and I'm so glad I did. This is really, really, really wonderful!

I love the au-ness of it all and the fact that despite the huge deviation from canon, you've kept everyone so perfectly in-character. Your writing is lovely and the humour - well, I'm still sniggering at the thought of Bella being eaten by the Giant Squid. Priceless. And the thought that Sirius was adopted by his best friend as is about to be reintroduced to family? It ought to be sickly sweet, but it's all so cleverly and lightly done that it's just wonderful!

I really *cannot* wait to see what you produce for the exchange now!
LadyRuthless chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Got here from crack broom.

Love the fic, you're true to the characters definitely.

But, I keep feeling like it's a dream and they're going to wake up and be dying in the Last Battle, like an Outer Limits episode where they were dreaming a programed life on a long term space ship and resisted waking up to reality as a minor worker on a huge space ship.

Not the review you were expecting, I'm sure :-)

Excellent writing. Wanted to wop Charlie upside the head a bit, but that would've meant they didn't meet.

Thank you for writing and posting.

-LR
brooke-ella1990 chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
i love this! its so different and fun! :) my favorite bits were: ... "And because I am so very fond of her, I very much fear I would end up wearing it." and the Snuffles bit. a sequel perhaps! (where AU tonks meets Sirius)
Razgriz Ace chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
The Giant squid part was inspired. :)

Would it be wrong of me to hope that you do another story in this world? Tonks finding out about Snuffles and meeting Harry could be terrific fic of its own.
hinkykneazel chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
What a wonderful story! I've never been a big fan of Tonks/Remus, but this story gave me insight into why they would be attracted to each other.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
[Tonks thought briefly of the bullying at school, the distrust of other girls, the superficial demands of boys, the lechery and demeaning requests of men.] Thank you. First 'fic I've found that portrayed her unique skill as something, well, more than fun and games. I've always kind of wondered at what things she might have gone through as she grew up but you nailed it with pretty much just one sentence.

["Remus," she said. "I look at you and my knees feel weak."] Aw.

The best ending line ever. This was such a fun story to read. Thanks for sharing it!
anonymous.individual chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
"...spooning Mad-Eye Moody." - God, that had me in stitches :)

And so did the whole 'burnt toast' perfume :)

Loved it from beginning to end.
TheSiriusPenName chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
I LOVED IT!

This was so SO creative, very nicely written and a great pleasure to read!

All the characters were beautifully written! I especially loved Fleur, her attitude towards Molly was nicely captured! Everyone was great!

Kudos on the amazing story!
Gilpin chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I absolutely LOVE this, as I might have mentioned elsewhere! It's clever, inventive, and packed full of details and moments that bring the characters and scenes to instant, vivid life. Your Tonks was always one of my fandom favourites, and here she's wonderfully feisty, clumsy, colourful and courageous - I grinned at so many of her lines and observations. As for your Remus: if I met him I'm pretty sure I'd be 'weak at the knees' as well.

All the characters are so well defined: from Bill and Fleur alternating between rows and passion, Charlie being oblivious to many essentials of life but a real friend all the same, Molly the power and oprganization behind The Burrow and all in it... I wondered how you were going to work Sirius into all this, and the One Wizard and His Dog was perfect. And if only JKR had had the Giant Squid and squidlets' solution to a couple of things as well, lol.

The ending is truly meltworthy, and it really is a wonderful festive - and any time - read, which I shall be re-visiting many times. :D Now, wasn't there an AU R/T detective story you'd started a while back...? ;)
Lorelei Lynn chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Thanks for the wonderful Christmas AU.
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »