Reviews for Closer
Fran chapter 27 . 7/15
You can't compare Ron leaving primarily due to the influence of a powerful Dark Object with Hermione cheating because she wants to. The only thing that compares to the influence of the Horcrux is Ginny's experience with one.
Leia 96 chapter 31 . 5/12
Wow, I really loved this story and will definitely be checking out the sequel. You're such a talented writer, and everything about this was perfect. Thanks for writing such a wonderful story!
Leia 96 chapter 9 . 5/7
I know this story is old but I just found it and have been reading it, and I love it! I wasn't planning to review until I finished, but I just had to let you know that this chapter made me cry so much. Fred's funeral was perfect, and I've read a lot of different imaginings of it, but yours is the only one to ever have made me cry like that. Or at all. Percy's speech... Chills. Aside from that, I'm enjoying this a lot and can't wait to see where it's all headed!
giulialuna90 chapter 1 . 3/25
I really LOVE this story, I've read it 3 times in a row! In almost all the other stories Ron is the one who fuck things up and Hermione is the good girl, so it's nice see, for once, an Hermione more "human"! It's a different/original point of view...
RustKnight chapter 20 . 12/8/2014
Eeeeeh I can't go on reading this.

Seems to much like another story where Ron gets the shaft and is blamed for everything while mary-sue Hermione gets off scott free with her mistakes. Unfortunate.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Hermione is such a cunt in this story. If you like the Ron and Hermione pairing at all, I beg you not to read this story. It will ruin the pairing for you forever. You will never want Ron to be with that whore again.
Guest chapter 31 . 8/2/2014

I may or may not have spent the past week binge-reading this. It's always a pleasure to discover new old Ron/Hermione fanfiction gems. This whole story was wonderfully angsty and lovely and certainly left me craving more. That way you portrayed the characters is just so spot on. I mean, for a story about Hermione cheating on Ron it was so incredibly in-character. In a slightly of twisted way the reasoning behind both of their actions just made so much sense, and was so them. Also, congrats on making Nathan and Verity so likable even though they were key in keep Ron and Hermione apart. I couldn't hate them even if I wanted to, which was a really interesting angle to read from.

And besides just Ron and Hermione, you did such an exceptional job with the other characters as well. I really loved the way you handled George's recovery, and really the entire Weasley family dynamic post-war. Also loved the bit at the hospital where Harry finally demanded to know what was going on with his two best friends. It just fit the trio so well.

Thank you so much for writing this story! It was such a pleasurable read and was such a unique and shockingly realistic take on how things could have gone after Deathly Hallows. I can't wait to check out the sequel!
Desminnies chapter 31 . 7/25/2014
Wow ! What an amazing well written story ! Of course I would've prefered if Hermione hadn't slept with that Nathan guy or that Ron had at least slept with Verity cus otherwise it doesn't seem fair . Congrats on finishing this story and hopefully there will be other Romione stories to come . I really hope you'll keep writing amazing stories like that .
guest chapter 20 . 7/9/2014
I'm a huge Ron/Hermione fan, but after this chapter I don't want them together.
Truth in adverts chapter 31 . 4/22/2014
This story should be renamed from Closer to Piece of Shite: Hermione's Journey to Becoming a Slag.
wandaa chapter 31 . 4/6/2014
What a great story! I love it that not everything was perfect for them but they made it work. It was a nice change from the other after war fic you can find. Plus for once ron was not the only one to blame for their problems, they are both human being, imperfect human tho. Life become real and they have to face "normal people's" problem. Anyway thanks for writing and sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
excuse me, guest, but not everyone hates this story, I love IT!"
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
So when does Hermione apologize for cheating on Ron? Oh, whenever does, she just yells at him for having the gall not to forgive her?

So when do the people around Hermione tell her how badly she messed up and tell her it's her fault that things are so messed up? Oh, they never do, they just tell her how great she is?

And Hermione gets everything she wants with no consequences?

No wonder everyone hates this story in the reviews.
crosscountrychick13 chapter 31 . 12/25/2013
I really enjoyed this story! The method of alternating between present and flashbacks is bold and you made it work well. The only piece of writing advice I'd give would be to double check a few minor things like punctuation and repeated/deleted words. Other than that, your writing was excellent, especially with the interesting structure. I will definitely be looking for the sequel!
TIGERSAGE chapter 30 . 11/23/2013
OK i am no one for long reviews so here i go. hope your ready. overall good story a bit boring at times but OK. grammar could use a little bit of help but hey im no Shakespeare myself. i think ur story is highly plausible. although i think at times it was very very melodramatic and read more like a soap opera script than a fanfic. again this my personal view. i am a guy who prefers light hearted and funny fics. although i like it overall i. in my opinion i do not think ron and hermoine are that insecure. especially with harry out of the way but ok whatever. anyway that's pretty much all i hgae to sAY.