Reviews for Dangerous Tides: Michael Rickers Series
Fuzz chapter 10 . 5/6/2012
Sorry but it's Salt Lake City, Utah not Colorado. Still like the story though
Fuzz chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Ah still as good as the first two times… keep it up merchant
Foxbear chapter 24 . 4/28/2012
That opening scene was scary! Even with the logic portion of my brain explaining that he couldn't be dead because there was a sequel, I was still worried he had bitten it. Most excellently done!

The picnic scene was touching but not too mushy.

It has been fascinating watching you writing skills improve in general over the course of this story. There is a real difference between chapters one and twenty-four. Your sentences are more concise, the paragraphs are firmer overall, and just general grammar has improved. Practice does pay off i guess. :)

The ending is a very satisfying cap to a great story, something I have trouble with in my own writing.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the stories.
Foxbear chapter 23 . 4/28/2012
Great chase scene.

The emotional interplay between Elita and Michael is developing beautifully.

Again the first person omnipotent point of view is a bit distracting.

The cliffhanger leaves the reader at an excellent point.
Foxbear chapter 22 . 4/28/2012
Yikes, the torture scenes were good enough that this was hard to read.

Sweet bonding scenes between Elita and Michael. Looks like she found her human friend.
Foxbear chapter 21 . 4/27/2012
Brrr! I got a case of the shivers just reading that last part.

Interesting how you wrote Elita-1. I've never seen her depicted as at all vicious before. I think I like it.
Foxbear chapter 20 . 4/27/2012
MECH has an Autobot? That is a twist I did not see coming. How did they catch him/her?

Arcee is going to get real worked up when she finds out Airachnid got her talons on Michael.

Looking forward to more.
Foxbear chapter 19 . 4/27/2012
Your descriptions of the action scenes are as always excellent. There is a real nice flow to the that is hard to capture.

Switching from first person to first person omnipotent without warning in the middle of the chapter was confusing and kind of threw off the pace of the story over all.

The scene where Arcee was 'babying' Michael's bike was hilarious. I could just see it happening. :D She does have a bit of an ego that one.
Foxbear chapter 18 . 4/25/2012
Tsk, tsk, tsk, bad Michael endangering Jack's life like that. June would have killed them both if she ever found out, and with all those cameras going off...

Nice character development for Mr. Devonport. It fleshes him out as far more than a two dimensional villain.

The race scene was good, clear and easy to follow.
Foxbear chapter 17 . 4/23/2012
Nice sweet bit at the end there with Jack and Michael drifting off to the sound of Optimus's radio.

The thought of Arcee making breakfast made me chuckle.
Foxbear chapter 16 . 4/23/2012
The Cliff Jumper huh?

Nice show reference, and exactly the kind of thing Jack would think of. You do a pretty good job over all of keeping everyone in character.
Foxbear chapter 15 . 4/23/2012
Great chapter for action.

you do have the "Optimus Prime" voice down.
Foxbear chapter 14 . 4/21/2012
You certainly have a knack for creating interesting situations and then crafting the emotional responses of the characters to those situations.
Foxbear chapter 13 . 4/21/2012
The hero must face his inner demons. You write his struggles well.

And I can totally see Ratchet being into a movie like that.
Foxbear chapter 12 . 4/20/2012
It's a wonderful dynamic you are building between Optimus and you character.

Your action scenes are well paced.