Reviews for The Great Herbert West
HowylnMad chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Nice tie-in with "From Beyond". Some of the best of the 80's horror right there. Imaginative stuff that they would never make these days. And Jeffrey Combs was awesome. (of course).
Nicely done.
Lachrymal at Litha chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This is great; I think you captured Herbert West's vulnerability very well and I liked Dan's reactions and feelings. The incorporation of Crawford Tillinghast was cunning. Thanks!
ColubridCola chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
poor herbie.

I think dan didn't know what he had when he was with herbert.

Herbert's life had to be hard for him to turn out like he did,killing animals and human beings with little emotion other than amusement or professionalism.

one thing that struck me about this story was the fact that herbert used the re-agent to surpress his emotions. I like that idea. notice how sometimes herbert is more emotional than others in the films (I only consider "beyond Re-animator" as a sad intepretation of the previous,better movies)was that because he had been without re-agent for a bit and it's effects were wearing away?

Herbert West and Daniel Cain were meant for each other,whether dan could admit that or not. Thank you for another fine re-animator fiction. well writen and enjoyable