Reviews for Whatever Awaits Them
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
These are fantastic. I've just discovered the joys of short fics in the past couple months, but have decided that they are an extremely enjoyable art form unto themselves. And THIS is about as short as they can get.

I loved reading through this collection and getting such a completely different feeling with every sentence.

A couple of them were a little hard to read because of the punctuation (or lack of it) but for the most part, they were really nice.

I like 3 "Memories" because of how much time you were able to suggest had passed. And it was bittersweet.

Also, 14 "Music" was just really funny. Brings a bit of humor bag into the fluffiness.

Same with 17 "Promise". I love the twist that one had. Not what I was expecting at all, but so in character! XD

22 "Journey" struck me especially hard as I've had to go through a million application essays. So true.

27 "Fall" was really intense. You captured an entire episode in that sentence and it was really hard to think how easily it could have ended very very differently...

28 "Forgotten" had me laughing aloud. hahahahaha...

33 "World" is so true! But I had never thought about that. Haha. They've become weirdo conspiracy theorists! But then again, so has everyone else in Amity.

38 "Forever" woah, what a depressing one. I always hate stories where Danny doesn't age. But I'm impressed by how complete this one felt.

These are fantastic. I enjoyed all of them, all of the facets you managed to explore, the plots you brought in. Congratulations. And I wouldn't mind seeing more of this kind of thing either. ;)

Sapphireswimming
MsFrizzle chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Dear Mermaidpotato,

I'm impressed with your ability to write a story in one sentence. I have a problem with rambling and as an exercise I set myself to write a 100 word drabble, so I am double impressed with your skill.
Oak Leaf Ninja chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Awwww! I loved it! God bless and merry Christmas!
DBack47 chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I promise to go to bed after this...promise.

Love.

Ah, it is more mysterious and complex than anyone person could capture within words, it can merely be replicated well (or poorly) in novels. Even so, countless have attempted the difficult task of expressing passion, whether they have experienced it or not. I for one have a cold hearth within my heart that has not been ignited by a desire for someone else, but I glimpse the promises and risks of this seductive emotion that threatens and tempts.

So considering that, in many words made short, I have no clue how to write fluff without being phony, I shall focus on other aspects of this. Please take my words with a grain of salt.

You have a excellent insight into the goodwill and true sympathy of a relationship, sorely needed when the world about us sometimes seems too blinded by the meaningless puppy love of hormones, and this quality adds credibility to your writing. I cannot lie that I find fluff shallow, but through your writing in general, the relationships between your characters is fully dimensional, realistic, and conscious of the struggles that love faces. But I say no more, for love is something that I for one, shall abstain from commenting on till I have tasted it in earnest. I did find one or two grammatical errors, nestled alongside 50 sentences that could stand as story lines on their own...I gotta hand it to you Mer, you certainly got a knack for this.

Sincerely