Reviews for My Brothers Keeper
Leraiv Snape chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Hi! A word of explanation before I write: this will not be a review for My Brother's Keeper, as I have not read that yet. This is a review for both 'Aftermath' and 'You Can't Write That!', both of which I found wonderful and neither of which I found any other way to comment on, not even a PM to you, so maybe I'm just silly, but here goes:

'Aftermath' is an excellent story. As a rule, I don't read graphic fanfiction, preferring to go with pieces that have a bit more plot than sex, but I am very glad that I ignored your warnings at the beginning and continued reading. Vetinari's struggle with himself and the conflicting balance of his feelings between Vimes and the city is captivating and in-character, very much how I would picture him agonizing over the whole situation. Vimes's reaction is also in-character, and I love your representation of Lady Sybil as well - they stayed real people, and didn't come across as either flippant or trite about the whole situation.

'You Can't Write That' is also my first-ever crossover. Another preference of mine is that everyone stays in their own universe. But when I saw Snape/Vetinari, who are my two favourite characters in the Potter and Discworld universes respectively, I couldn't help myself. It was very funny, and I loved the ending. You posted minor plot snippets for chapters 2 and 3. Did you actually write them? Can I actually read them? Both of them were very well written in this story, too, and it was a fantastic read. And, of course, you had Vetinari mention Vimes rather heatedly...hmmm...I wonder where that could go? All in all, exceptional stories. They were a lot of fun to read - thank you for taking the time to share them with us.
LS chapter 5 . 11/2/2010
You made VIMES cry. That takes skill.

I think I started tearing up around where Vimes was remembering everything he and Sybil had gone through together...that was a wonderfully done chapter. Just wonderful. That's all I can really say without just quoting the whole chapter and remarking on the various levels of amazing in each paragraph.
LS chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
You. You. You poisoned Vimes. You poisoned VIMES. YOU POISONED VIMES. YOU! POISONED! VIMES!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

THIS. IS. FANFIIIIIIC! *boot*

Okay, Sparta jokes aside, this is awesome. I loved the paperwork bit, you've got Vimes down just right, and I was not expecting that ending. I'm used to italics for stressing words and for thoughts, but underlining is okay too.
CarrieVS chapter 6 . 1/12/2010
I don't know whether to be disappointed or relieved about Vimes' brother. It occurred to me halfway through that there was only one Ron in Discworld that I knew of...
reikoyazumi chapter 7 . 4/8/2008
Ah, this was great. Pacy, in-character and continually enthralling. The bit with Vimes breaking down was lovely, not even out of character, even though he's not the sort to cry. I agree with you on that, but sometimes you've got to trust the characters!

Your writing style is wonderful and the story itself gripping and interesting (arse-kissing much?). I had a look over at the archive at some of your other stuff, which is just as excellent.

I'd like to see that Vimes/Angua story that you mentioned, although you said in your bio that it was tabled for the moment.

Anyway, I really hope you get struck by the inspiration-lightning for Last Rights, because there is very little (read: none)of that pairing around, and it's one I've become rather enamoured with recently.

Excellent.
Not your average chapter 7 . 10/26/2004
wow. just finished reading. this story was a million times better at the end than it was at the beginning. I usually get bored of long fanfics but this one just swept me along with the plot. Very, very well done. I didn't cry, but dont feel bad. the only book i've ever cried at in my life was 'Goodnight Mr. Tom', when Zach died. I was 10. :-)thanx for ur email. write more stuff soon! and if u wanna cum review me...i wudnt b displeased.
Not your average chapter 2 . 10/25/2004
argh too tired to continue reading, will finish tomorrow. plot has me hooked! Not so much the first chapter (i had my 'good but too rambly' review all composed in my head)but the cliffhanger at the end just got me and drew me in. one thing tho-pterry writes his Ankh- Morpork characters in a steadfastly british way (despite AM dollars), and over here no-one says 'and all'. but apart from that, me likey.
Lor chapter 6 . 8/28/2004
YAY He finally kissed her in public! ::schnoogles Vimes:: You're a really good writer. You can convey emotion through simple actions and without extremely flowery descriptions. Very, very well done.
Lor chapter 5 . 8/28/2004
AW! Wow... Vimes cuteness! I sometimes wish Pratchett would add a wee bit more fluff (just a wee bit) to get an idea of what this side of Vimes is like, I mean, he can't always be the gruff, brooding copper with his wife, right? But, this satisfies me. LOL Aw... soo cute...
Badge177 chapter 6 . 7/21/2004
No matter how many times I reread this fic, that scene with Vimes and the dropper just chokes me up. I look forward to the day when you return here with a new fic. I refuse to believe there isn't another masterpiece inside you just waiting to burst forth! And now, what more is there to do than click the 'Recommend this story to others' button?
Badshot chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
1 word: Superb.
Mistress Arion chapter 7 . 6/6/2003
I've read this before, but it still makes me smile. It's nice to see a story explore the Vimes/Sybil relationship- rather than blindly dismiss it as most of us do! Characterizations are nice and language is comfortably "Pterry-ish". I loved it.
CallieMikey chapter 6 . 5/22/2003
Very nice! _ ...not much humor, but still, nice. I like your stories, but not really the pairings. Oh well...

Maybe you should try a S/S story once. The end was nice too.

ps: er...could you read my story? -_- This is me, begging for reviews by another cool author...
Lunar1 chapter 6 . 1/19/2003
I like the idea of Vimes's family turning up. It's something I always wondered about after I read Feet of Clay when he said 'we were all big families.' Great fic, like the ending.
Monique chapter 7 . 12/19/2002
One word: AAAAWWWWWWWW. :D You did it! You made Vimes cry! How many fanfic writers can do it, and do it well? And yay for some Sam/Sybil - those two are way too cute. So sweet. And poor Vimes. May I hug him? *hugs Sam*