Reviews for Alexandra's First Christmas
Pt29646 chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
What a sweet story!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
This was too cute.

Poor Santa did get his britches burnt.
islaboe chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I though this was a very sweet Alex story but I am surprised that she did't cause any chaos and get into any trouble or mischief that would have been more interesting and amusing as that is what we have grown to love about her and how Adam is always having to dish out the discipline where she's concerned.
Jan chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
I love your Alexandra stories and this one is no exception, it's lovely picturing Adam as a dad, but I love your stories more when she is in trouble with him and he has to discipline her as this is just as I would have imagined him to have a little girl who acts just like little Joe and he is strict just like he was with him, these stories are so refreshing to read keep them coming as I for one love to read them, and I am a new reader and love these stories. I will be looking on this website daily for your new stories and also the one you helped another writer with call forgotten love new life that was great too please could you update it or write another one about Jennifer and her dad. thanks
Jan chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
This was a really good read and I would love to read some more of these, I have read red chair, blue chair, the grren dress one and guns and switches but i could read and read these stories so please write some mre of these
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
these are so much fun-I love the characters and hope you will write more adventures!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
wonderful! I just love what you do with Alex, I can just see her in my mind. Wonderful job!
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Sweet family story-
smarianne chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
What a sweet story. Great balance of emotion and humour - it was touching and also able to make me lol. Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.
R.I.Peace chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I think this was a cute story. Especially the end. Too much eggnogg made Hoss a little careless. I can imagine what went through Alex's mind upon seeing the singed trousers. Wonderful story - Alexandra is such a character.
callih chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Said it before, saying it again. This young girl is just as viable a character as any Laura Ingalls Wilder ever created plus Alex is much more 'warm and human' in that she is a 'real' kid. Wrought with flaws, insecurities and mistakes that only the young can make.

I actually laughed out loud in several different scenes in this chapter. (keeping in mind, shopping puts me in a very bad mood) which is why I got on to read and found a new Alex up.

It brought back the innocence and purity of what Xmas is truly supposed to signify. I owe Alex big time for all the great memories she brought to mind. Or maybe it's just the author and her brilliant sense of timing.

You write it kid, and I'll come. Long Live Alex Cartwright.
BorealOwl chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I'm thinking Alex may have some Australian blood in her, she reminds me a lot of the Australian children I have met (but I digress).

This was a lovely story. So full of action and beautiful, touching scenes. The Christmas play was a hoot! I thought it was wonderful that she knew who wrote Frankincense (err Frankenstein), I would expect Adam's daughter to be knowledgeable about books. I'm glad she has her father's voice, he needs someone to sing with him. I am also glad that Alex has such a good group of men around her, it is just what she deserves.

The way it ended was excellent. Alex was right about it being dangerous for Santa.
Lajoci chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Absolutely adorable; Alex is sweet, funny and loving! The play narration made me laugh, who can argue with the honesty of a child? The gifts the wise men brought were creatively described as was the gift Alex would have given the baby Jesus! I don't know how you think of all of the details that you do, it is amazing.

You always create such rich and vibrant characters who sound so real and add to the story (love Clem Kaddlehopper the inventor LOL). Glad to know Alex has Adam's gift of musical talent.

Haven't all parents experienced this at some time, "Adams left pupil suddenly dilated as it was pried open by two small fingers"? LOL

This was a great Christmas gift. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Year.
accounting professional chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Good story. I loved the traditional play. I thought that Alex was cute in her part of the play. I also loved the opening of the presents.