Reviews for just friends
FlarnChef chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
A tiny, yet lovely MM vignette for that episode.

Thanks for sharing!

~~judy
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Sweet and beautiful.:)
sonya c chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Great work! Made the episode come to life for me :)
lostcowgirl chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Another small bit to fill in the gaps that you do so well. When I first heard Matt utter the word honey while watching the newly arrived Season 5, Volume 1 DVD, I did a double take. Did Matt actually say that? He said it in the radio version too where it was even more obvious that he was accompanying her because he needed to be with her and keep her safe on this rare occasion when he could actually go riding with her. The radio version was more explicit about Doc's hand in all this. He was the one who prodded Matt into doing just what he did but in so doing he caused the normally practical marshal to forget to bring water.

You chose this episode from the fifth season as the point at which Matt and Kitty's relationship changed forever from close friends to lovers. For me it happened sometime during Season 1. I chose as the starting point an episode that was only on the radio. In it Matt asks Kitty to go to a charity ball in town because in his eyes she's the only girl worth taking. She tries to discourage him, not because she doesn't want to go, but because she knows the reactions of the so-called respectable woman of Dodge to him escorting that saloon girl. She's proven right and runs home to the Long Branch crying (Texas Trail in the radio script) and he follows. They wind up with their own private dance. The romantic nature of this private affair, in my opinion, led to them taking that next step in their relationship.
mahc chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Great MM for this ep! I like imagining that this is when they got together (really got together).

MAHC