Reviews for Yellow River
NevadaRose chapter 6 . 1/6
Heidi, I really liked this. Looking forward to reading the second part tomorrow. Sometimes it seems that this particular meta-story is one that all of us who write GS fanfiction have to address and work our way through - so there's lots of different versions of what happens. You did a spectacular job. Thanks for sharing your vision.
NevadaRose chapter 1 . 1/6
I'm reading this for the first time because I saw it on someone's favorite list. I've avoided it in the past because I thought I couldn't deal with a story where Kitty married Will Stambridge. Clearly I was wrong. This is exceptionally well done - even with only the first chapter under my belt - and Stambridge, as an active character, is right out of the story. Not sure what will happen, but I'm thinking that maybe the two years of separation might be what had to happen to make them both come to their senses. Thanks for writing this, looking forward to the rest.
Debbie w chapter 6 . 9/2/2014
I read the opening to this story, I didn't believe Kitty would ever leave Matt for Will. ...and then I went on to read the most amazing love story ever. You brought it all together so beautifully,the amnesia and Kitty and Matt finding their way back to each other and a "Baby". Love it!l There are some people who are so much a part of each other, they will be connected forever. Matt and Kitty were born to love one another and your writing is the best!
Guest chapter 6 . 1/20/2013
I loved this as much as I loved the companion piece. Great job.
Glow1012 chapter 6 . 11/13/2012
What a great story! this was so moving and dramatic and romantic! Thank you so much!
NothingMadeMeHappen chapter 6 . 12/29/2011
This was quite AMAZING! keep it going)
sonya c chapter 6 . 12/29/2011
I have this big, goofy grin on my face:) Wonderfully sweet chapter.
sonya c chapter 5 . 12/28/2011
What a powerful chapter! One of my favorites. I agree, it would be great to see Badge of Honor here. Post more soon, please :)
SingerMe chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This is quite the story. I am enjoying it very much.
SongMei chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
I agree with FlarnChef, it's wonderfully that you're posting this here. It's a wonderful story, which I've enjoyed many times and will again.

She's also right about hoping that Badge of Honor finds a home here.
lostcowgirl chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
It's amazing how much it takes to make Matt realize that he and Kitty belong together raising a family. I'd never thought about Will Stambridge returning to his roots as a violent man. After all, he did ask Matt's permission to court Kitty. Of course, Kitty could be pretty stubborn too. She had to know Matt couldn't say what was really in his heart and she didn't read between the lines because she didn't want them to marry because of the child on the way. Do I have it right?
lostcowgirl chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I have 2 problems with this chapter. It could use proofreading. Because of the typos I found it hard to follow. I can understand wanting to get the story out, but I believe you rushed this one because your other stories don't suffer from this.

The major problem is with continuity within the Gunsmoke world. Everything in this story is off by a year or 6 months at the least. Kitty could have joined Will Stambridge, but she didn't leave Dodge City right after he did. She left some time after Season 19 ended. One other thing, I can't help but think Matt would have chosen Kimbro rather than Smith as his pseudonym. It would serve a dual purpose - honoring the memory of his mentor and giving Kitty an indirect hint as to his real identity without going against Dr. Tucker's wishes.

Everything else in here is plausible and looks to be the start of an absorbing tale.
mahc chapter 4 . 12/25/2011
I'm enjoying this story all over again. You had me grinning when Matt and Kitty "re-united" and then when Kitty remembered Katie. Plus you threw in some Hurt Matt (yum) along the way. Ready to read the rest of this great story.

MAHC
FlarnChef chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
I am so very very very happy that you are re-posting this fabulous epic.

If I'd told you how many times I'd read this whole saga... not to mention the re-re-reading of this chapter...

Needless to say, I am hoping that somewhere down the road a piece, 'Badge of Honor' finds home here, in its entirety. I know it'll be worth the wait!

~~judy
sonya c chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
I'm so glad you're posting this here. I love reading it again!