Reviews for Solomon's Decision
ronphile chapter 1 . 5/27/2002
Well thought out; it brings up all the questions that one has watching the show. thanks!
Andi Horton chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
I actually read it because of the title. One of my favourite sections of Scripture of all time is the child with two mothers- only a parent can know the love that is necessary to give a child up in order to spare its life. Great job.
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 5/13/2002
That was so great. It was wonderful. The idea of Sloan being Sydney's biological father, EEEEWWWWW!
Kat1 chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
This is such an assured piece. There's so much confidence here both in your writing and handling of the character. It's great to read, a carefully plotted journey with a hopeful resoultion.

I'm as ick about the subplot as everyone else (although it's coming, I know it's coming) but I live safe in the knowledge that whatever they pour onto Jack's shoulders, Robin may just come along with another great character piece like this one to make sense of it all. Brilliant!
AgentReyes78 chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
This is a great story! I totally agree that Jack Bristow is one of the most interesting characters on the show. I also think the message of this fic (what makes a real father) is important not only for 'Alias' but for our society today.

That being said, I think that Jack really is Sydney's biological father. They just want to make us wonder, like the whole Mulder/CSM angle in "The X-Files". She looks too much like him! Does anyone else agree?
lunarlanding chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
I hate this subtext too. I scream like a...kid about to get a needle whenever the subtext arises. Really nice handling of the subject. But of course, I wouldn't expect any less from you.
laby jess chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
oh, robin, this is excellent. I've had no time to read anything till this morning, and I went straight for this one, and...what a wonderful read. I wish I could do Jack, you make it look so easy and I KNOW it would be anything but. The latter half, when you discuss faith and Solomon was stellar, perfectly excuted and I so enjoyed this piece. I think this is my new favorite of your stuff...really, just a wonderful job, it's a beautiful piece~
The Madhatter chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
I really wish I had your writing talent. I love how you always seem to catch Jack like that. Jack is so complex, so confusing at times that I sometimes get lost. But this just totally puts him in character. This very same thought has crossed my mind many times, but every time I come out with the same result. Jack IS her father no matter what. I just love how you get into Jack's head and make him doubt himself and get to see the real side of him so to speak.

I hope you continue to write more. I love to see stories like this. Especially if it's about Jack! :)

The Madhatter
Isabella chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
That was great! I liked that you wrote it in second person. That's not very prevalent because it's rather difficult to infuse the feeling that is required to be effective. But you did it beautifully. I LOVE Jack so much. I think he's, by far, the most interesting character to delve into. Please write more in the future, because I'll be looking forward to it. Thanks for the fabulous story!
Waterdancer chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Robin,

Very few writers can capture the Jack Bristow persona. You are one of those few. I enjoyed reading this the first, second, and even the tenth time. This is an intimate look at how Jack would feel about Sloane being Sydney's biological father. Thank you for posting this wonderful story.

See you on Server5,

Jenai

P.S. Chapter 4 is getting worked on. lol.
SpyLover chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
This is a well-written story. Most of us who watch "Alias" have probably thought about the possibility of Sloane being Syd's biological father at least once, based on his twisted comments to both Syd and Jack. I particularly like the conclusion that Jack reaches in this story, that Sydney is his daughter no matter what the DNA might say. Many of us have discussed this on the boards, and have reached this conclusion; however, you have put it into words and have done it well, exploring the thought processes of the most complex character on the show. Thank you for a great read!
Valerina chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Wonderful story-such a great insight into Jack's mind. As much as I dislike the whole paternity issue that it seems is sprouting up with the show, this story handles that idea beautifully! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Rach3 chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Niiiiiiice, Robin. You totally brought me into Jack's world, if only for a few minutes. Good job.
Gail chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Celli recommended this, and I see why now. Fine story, a poignant look through Jack's eyes. Thank you for it.
Raena chapter 1 . 5/9/2002