Reviews for Daddy's Little Man Growing Up
bexie25 chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Loved this! So true to Booth's character!
mychakk chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I loved this so much! great mixture of drama, love, and serious stuff. thanks for sharing this with us :)
MMWillow13 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I can completely see Booth feeling that way. I've done a lot of things that I love, am extremely good at, but I don't want my kids anywhere near them.

BTW: baby boy December 25th 5:44pm 8lbs 19 inches Quentin Kadeen Hughes
mummacass chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I hate guns! I gave my husbands .22 rifle to the local police pieces!
I. M. Frelling-Wonko chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Good story.
JoeNobody chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Maybe it's just my politics talking (I'm a militant 2nd Amendment supporter), but this rang false to me. In my mind, Booth wouldn't hate guns; he'd see them as tools. Tools to be respected greatly, to be cared for, but not to be feared or hated. That's been the attitude of most gun owners I've met. For someone of Booth's skill to hate guns just doesn't add up; it takes a LOT of time and practice, and one doesn't do that for something they hate.

Plus, remember that Valentine's Day when Bones surprised him with the Tommy guns? That was glee, not hatred.
nertooold54 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Booth's hesitancy is understandable. And he is right to let Parker get the gun, with rules. Brennan and Booth know guns and are able to teach Parker all he needs to know. In season 1, I think-when she was in NO, we learned that she had hunting licenses in several states.
jmbatt chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I felt your having Booth despise guns was very realistic. And, the reasoning he gave as he talked to Parker, made perfect sense. I kept wondering if it was a tatoo, but a BB gun at age 12 made more sense.

Sweet little story... thanks for the little present to us all.
mendenbar chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
My husband doesn't shoot. My sons and I (and occasionally my daughter, do. I gave them the same lessons I learned from my father. They are very much the same ones Booth just gave Parker. I think this was a very touching and telling story and one that should really BE part of the Booth/Parker story. Thanks.
FaithinBones chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
This was very good. I can see Booyh's point. My Dad was career military. He hated hunting and none of his kids were ever given rifles or guns of any type. It was logical to my Dad and it was logical to me. Merry Christmas.
Daisy60 chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Fantastic one, so touching. the bit about Bones proposing some sexual lessons is hilarious. have a nice day Gregg, I'm off to Xmas lunch with all of my family. ciao, Lilly
Pyrate Nyre chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Well I never would have guessed this one. But I disagree with you on one point. I think Booth really hates guns on the show. I think he sees them as a necessary evil, as you said, but I think he really hates them and the nightmares they have given him. Great job of showing Parker growing up and Booth being a little sad about it... and great rules too. I wish all parents had them even for the ones they think are "safe" like BB guns. Then I would never have to pick up children who were accidentally shot, in my ambulance.
tvaddict23 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Good thought provoking story. Nice that Booth is letting Parker grow up without setting too many boundries. Really well done!
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
I think this was Perfect, and spot on. I believe that Booth, hates guns.

I also loved that Brennan, stayed out of it. ( not that I don't love it when she is in the mix) but somehow it was better for her to be quite this time.

Merry Christmas!

cheysma2000 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
I enjoyed this alot. You put alot of thought into this. I actually did a speech about this in college. Great job.