Reviews for Something Like Beginning
Guest chapter 16 . 1/7/2014
AWWWWW
Amara Calla chapter 16 . 8/16/2013
Hi! Well, I've just finished reading every single thing that you've written on here and following you on Tumblr, and I have to say that I am pretty much astonished by your sheer creativity and talent for writing.
The first of your stories that I read was Death and John Watson on AO3, which I found by following a link on Tumblr. I hope you'll believe me when I say that it was spectacular and the imagery quite literally took my breath away. So naturally, when you said you had a Fanfiction account, I headed over here to stalk your profile.
It's rare that I can say this but I loved every piece, even the ones I wasn't expecting to like, because as a rule, I don't usually enjoy fics with OCs as a main character. However, Astrid is wonderfully thought out, flawed but not too angsty, seemingly fragile, but also not one to take a lot of shit from anyone. She's what I imagine would be the perfect balance of John and Sherlock.
While everything was wonderful, I'd like to make special note of Chapter 13, in which Astrid's sexuality is discussed. To be honest, before I signed up for Tumblr a few months ago, I barely even knew that Asexuality existed. In fact, reading this now I had to search the internet to find out what 'panromantic demisexual' and 'biromantic bisexual' meant.
It's rare that you discover a jewel of a fanfic like this, that makes you happy and sad and wistful and fond, even rarer one that actually educates you about something like this, so thankyou!
So after (probably) the longest review I have ever written, I sincerely hope you continue to update this, I'll be waiting.
Keep Writing,
Amara Calla xoxoxoxoxo
MrsCumberbatch chapter 16 . 3/31/2013
aw this chapter was lovely. So Astrid invites John but not Sherlock? Can't wait to see if there's any reaction coming froms Sherlock.

Thanks for updating :)
ValaEnVash chapter 3 . 3/17/2013
my own mother says that to me all the time:
"Oh god, mum, i think I'm dying."
"well, die quieter."
"Ugh kill me now, please!"
"Sorry dear. that's murder, and murder is wrong."
"... you suck, mum."
*grins at me* "you'll get over it."
"HA!"
Wings of Indigo chapter 15 . 1/23/2013
I love these- please do more! Like christmas!
Flower in the River chapter 15 . 10/12/2012
If you're still writing these (and I dearly hope you are, these are all brilliant and satisfy my love for parentlock like nothing else, because they're so amazingly well written and sometimes adorable and sometimes angsty and it's perfect), I'd love to see a little sic!fic with either John or Sherlock ill. But honestly, I'd just love to see more of these in general. They're so wonderful!
MrsCumberbatch chapter 15 . 7/25/2012
Awww Sherlock! Learning how to be a dad, I loved it!
MrsCumberbatch chapter 14 . 7/25/2012
Haha, I waited for this one for so long! Poor Astrid! And the scarf on the door was very clever, well done you!
MrsCumberbatch chapter 13 . 5/16/2012
Loved it. It was perfect and I loved how John talked to her, even Sherlock with his very Sherlockian way :)

I'm sorry to hear what you wrote at the top. I hope your parents take your decision as John and Sherlock did with Astrid :)

Well done!
ShillyTheEpicNinja chapter 13 . 5/15/2012
:')

I love these stories, especially when you add a personal touch

3 xx
MrsCumberbatch chapter 12 . 4/20/2012
it was quite cute :)i really liked it.
Maybird123 chapter 11 . 2/4/2012
that was serously brilliant. i love everysingle oneof these
Lyla chapter 11 . 1/29/2012
LOL!
A Lone Black Rose chapter 11 . 1/29/2012
Love.
MrsCumberbatch chapter 11 . 1/29/2012
Hahahah this one was sooooo funny!

Poor Lestrade! Sherlock made him look like some old bloke who sleeps with young girls hahaah! Nothing wrong with that, but well..

Lovely chapter! Can't wait to read more!