Reviews for Come Once Again and Love Me
Sevrius chapter 25 . 7/14
I stayed up far too late reading this, and forgot to write down notes, so unfortunately I don’t have many specific things to say. Just that this was amazing and wonderful and I may have gasped out loud a few times.

As far as the characters go, your Lily voice is FANTASTIC! I love her so much. I appreciate that you acknowledged that she also had some prejudices to work through, and that the falling-out she and Sev had wasn’t entirely Sev’s fault.

Out of curiosity, do you have any plans to crosspost this to Ao3? I’m a long time reader of TNER, and when I saw other people mentioning a Snily story on your Tumblr, my response was bafflement. (It took me a couple of months before I even though to check if you had an FFN account, which would have been the obviouis solution.)
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 24 . 6/26
Hi,there! I found this story by recommendation, and I have to say it is wonderful! Snape and Lily both are in character and act belevable for their situation, and I love the way you wraped this up. I loved the way Snape explained to Lily how the whole Pure-Blood-family network and becoming a Death Eater worked, and the way Lily never loses her love for her loved ones in her other (former) life but is still able to hook upwith Severus this time around; and the way they manage to get out of it. And there is even a happy end! Thank you for a marvellous read, and for writing and sharing!
teedub chapter 25 . 6/9
A lovely, beautiful, heartful story. These two really are quite spectacular together when they can make it work.
teedub chapter 11 . 6/8
I've always maintained that Dumbledore was an emotional sadist. He may be learned in the magical arts, a shrewd politician and hold immense personal magical power, but he's not a good person.

With this spell, I'm leaning towards honestly comparing him to Voldemort in his malicious sadism. That spell was a thousand time worse than an AK or a crucio. With an AK, it painlessly over. With a crucio, it will stop once the caster stops feeding the spell. With this though...damn. The caster has to 100% feel total forgiveness, after witnessing their torment and listening to every bad deed they have done. Since the caster is going to use this on a enemy to begin with, there is really no hope for the victim. That DD created this spell and urged his people to use it? And without telling them details of the spell or even worse, the counter? That is some seriously diabolical shit right there. Very much akin to how I see Voldemort relishing in the pain of his victims.

And this is the person in charge of the entire nation's children? He actions as Headmaster in favoring the students not wearing Green and Silver make much more sense now. He was getting off on their emotional trauma that he engineered.
teedub chapter 8 . 6/8
I really loved Severus's explanation of Slytherin House, Purebloods and really, the entire Wizarding society that Lily entered but never took the time to understand. I doubt sixteen year old Severus could have done it, or was able to even put it into words in his own mind.

I can't tell you how relieved I am that Severus declared he's not going to be a DE again. I just hope he's able to honor that declaration. Running away to Nepal to be a goatherd is a viable option IMHO given the alternative.
teedub chapter 5 . 6/8
I think you captured the nuances of time travel really well. In so many fics, the time traveler is instantly adjusted to the new setting, totally over any disbelief. In this, neither Lily or Severus are sure of what's happening and it shows in their erratic responses. Lily in particular is all over the place. I sort of forgot that she would be grieving for her husband and son.

I'm very curious as to why Severus has circled a particular date on his calendar without any notes as to why.

You have also illustrated that even if a person goes back in time and their body is young again, their mind is not. Habits, thought processes, biases developed over time, etc come back with them. The idea of Severus having to go back to school with teenagers again, those creatures he has come to loath, make me feel sorry for both Severus and the teenagers. I can sort of sympathize with Severus. In my 40's, I have no patience or tolerance for teenage dramatics. I can't imagine having to go back to high school again *shudder* They actually have to ask permission to leave class to take a piss!
jchayden79 chapter 25 . 5/11
That's a lovely ending. Thank you
jchayden79 chapter 24 . 5/11
There are no words except - Beautiful!
jchayden79 chapter 22 . 5/11
I must be a bad person, based on how much I really, really enjoyed the conversation about how stupid Lily was
jchayden79 chapter 21 . 5/11
I love Remus' "dying duck in a thunderstorm" thing and Sirius trying to get James to get a clue.
jchayden79 chapter 15 . 5/10
I'm the same age as Severus in this fic and have been married for 15 years. The idea of going back in time and having to deal with my husband as his 16 year old self is now my new nightmare. Hell no! People change so much with time and experience. I totally understand why Lily would freeze up every time she saw James, with or without mysterious Dark curses.
jchayden79 chapter 13 . 5/9
Not sure which I love more, Severus terrorizing the students or "Mrs. Snivellus"!
jchayden79 chapter 12 . 5/9
I get it, Severus needed 17 extra years of life to even begin to remotely handle Lily. And Lily needed 5 years of regret over losing her best friend to release some of that self-righteousness and get over herself. And probably when they were the same age, she was never in awe of him like she is a little bit now.
jchayden79 chapter 8 . 5/9
Had to stop reading and take a break after Eileen's talk with Severus. Too many emotions. Very interesting insights into Slytherin House.
jchayden79 chapter 7 . 5/9
I've always disliked Lily, for various reasons. There's nothing at all wrong with her and her choices, I just don't find her all that interesting as a character. But this fic almost makes me like her. And I do love how she interacts with Severus.