Reviews for Come Once Again and Love Me
earthyophelia chapter 15 . 5/5
I THINK SEV'S MUM CURED LILY. LET'S WAIT TO SEE HOW RIGHT I aM
Espied7 chapter 25 . 12/11/2023
Gorgeous story. Thank you for sharing!
FlynnHarlowe chapter 25 . 10/29/2023
I absolutely adored this beautiful, beautiful piece of writing. You characterised Snape so well, accurately portrayed his personality both as it superficially appears to others and internally, fleshing out the thoughts and feelings of the characters in a way that felt very realistic to me. The over arching tone of this piece and the ending strongly makes me think of a song called ‘First Light’ by Hozier
themerryiknow chapter 1 . 4/28/2023
Brilliant! Wonderful! Beautiful! All the things I’ve ever needed in a HP Fanfiction.
I’ve been reading HP fan fictionbfor nearly 15 years, can’t believe I have missed this wonderful piece all these years. Thank you for this amazing story.
Nocna Vatra chapter 25 . 4/11/2023
I enjoyed this! Thanks for writing this!
guest chapter 25 . 2/28/2023
Only exhaustion for the last few chapters; not sure why. You put in a lot of work on this. Thanks for your efforts.
guest chapter 20 . 2/28/2023
"You were all so horrible to each other," implies mutuality, of which there was none from Potter's initial verbal assault on the train: "I'd leave, wouldn't you?" And that doesn't even address the perpetual four-to-one odds. Can this clueless twat not keep those facts in her head for more than thirty seconds? Snape's "We were" should be, if it isn't, nothing but resignation as he realizes that no, she can't. I wouldn't blame him if he killed the whole lot, including himself, right here and now.
guest chapter 19 . 2/28/2023
Good that SS applied some Slytherin-worthy tactics. Surprising how ~very~ few second-chance fics allow him any at all.
Guest chapter 18 . 2/28/2023
Small correction, "out of the library" should be "out for [or 'towards'] the library."

If SS Banished the Map (depending on where to), then no, the gang couldn't necessarily use it any more. My preference would be Kilauea, and SS might even appreciate the literary echoes.

What is the "it" that Evans hates? The situation, and if so, what part? The Map?
Guest chapter 17 . 2/28/2023
The previous date didn't really hit me until I saw the 10 Jan. here after that horrible night. Snape went through all that on his ~birthday~ for Gawdsake! Talk about twisting the knife! And not one character has so much as noticed. At least he's now of age.

So Lupin hasn't woken up: he calls P&B's attempted murders, past and certainly future, "fatuity." What a surprise.

And once again Evans waxes self-righteous about the very magic that just saved her (of course with the cost paid by SS, leaving Poor Poor Pitiful Me to vaporize over it).

Your characterizations are excellent, but please may the torture diminish soon.
guest chapter 16 . 2/28/2023
Well, LE seems to be waking up; wonder if Lupin will.
guest chapter 15 . 2/28/2023
It's not perspective, it's self-delusion. ~Snape~ is no longer a DE-wannabe, but the Marotters are still the malignant sadistic bullies they always were. It's time and long past time they got some of what they so gleefully dished out for seven everlasting years. ~All~ of them, unless Lupin very soon grows a pair and effectively works against the two main torturers instead of offering an occasional flabby half-protest while supporting them with physical presence and alibis even when not actively taking part; please don't make Snape continue thinking this BS.

Thank God Snape finally realized who had to have performed the curse. I only hope he doesn't retaliate in kind. I have more sympathy for Eileen than perhaps I ought.

Not sure why Dumbles did his about-face. He's treated SS for years as if he were already all but Marked and should be killed, didn't care that Lupin almost ate him and in fact punished him for being the "prank's" victim; and ~now~ he doubts his pets' word?

It's too much to hope for that the two worst ones croak of their own poisonous thoughts, but I can (and do) so wish. You very skillfully show how completely equivalent psychopath Black is to his delightful cousin Bella, with Potter not so very far behind. Even Pettigrew would have little incentive to turn on his "friends" if they didn't treat him like a piece of shit.
guest chapter 14 . 2/27/2023
Lupin's realization that the mutt is just as evil as the DE-lets is almost - almost - worth the time you force me to spend with them. So few auths acknowledge that the biggest difference by far between the Marotters and the DE-lets is the identity of their victims. Add to that the haughty self-righteousness of those on the 'good' side.

Dumbles seems unsuspicious so far. May he stay that way. Glad that Regulus tried to warn him; maybe RAB can be saved this time around.
guest chapter 13 . 2/27/2023
I manage to keep my language cleaner than this example of Snape's but must also agree with the sentiment. (I'd be eager to hear what undisguised adult SS would say to equal or greater effect, but of course he daren't display that command of English here.)

All Marotters true to form, though Lupin seems to be slightly better (with the carrot of Wolfsbane in prospect). I fervently hope that Dumbles will be avoided. McG, though no fool, ~might~ be convinced that LE talked SS around at least to some extent. The whole school would know how he feels about her.
guest chapter 12 . 2/27/2023
Re. your A/N: partially agree, though not merely schmaltzy but unspeakably puerile. But then it's Rowling. You're better than that in a fair number of ways.

Interesting take on the Dark Arts, and logically self-consistent (see above paragraph).