Reviews for Ishara
Seven-Deadly-Sins-Wrath chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
So I finally got around to playing Catherine; beat it and was like, I wonder if there's any fanfic - and then I found this! Your fic is beautiful! (I know this is suppose to be a ch.1 review but I went through all the chapters, so it's all of them). It kills me a bit that Vincent still doesn't stand up to Catherine at all (I understand that attraction to K/Catherine but I might have only wanted to yell at Katherine, but I wanted to slap Catherine). But anyways, this is really great, I love the fic, and its been a year since you updated, so no real hope for continuation, but I wanted to comment about how good it was (though did Vincent take Katherine's clothes? still don't know what happened to them...)
But anyways, though not complete, this was a really good fanfiction!
Devil Rebel chapter 5 . 8/8/2012
interesting, keep it up
addictive-stigmata chapter 5 . 7/19/2012
I reviewed this once, but I'm doing it again because I love this so. much. And because I really appreciated your feedback on "Waltz with the Devil" when it was up (and I might post it back up again, because I believe it was the only review on it, and an encouraging one.) Now, a token of gratitude.

The characterization not only of the humans, but of the Babylonian divinities in the game, is just perfect. Nergal, Astaroth (and his harsh tongue), Ishtar, demon!Vincent, and everyone's favorite lilitu, Catherine. And you included a lot of characters without putting more emphasis on one over any other, which is splendid.

For a game which, in itself, is a supremely occult work, you absolutely nailed the atmosphere. The essence of Catherine is very present here.

Lastly, there's a sensuality in this fic that is very palpable without getting into terribly explicit detail, and that takes quite a lot to master.

Well, again, I really love this and think it's a fine work. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Stay Golden!
Anon chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
Can I just say I love you for writing this story. I'm a avid VincentXKatherine shipper as well but when I read this I have come to appreciate VincentXCatherine a little more...I don't know but I really enjoyed this story. All the characters are spot on and I could visually picture everything that happend. Loved the ending btw, please write more!
Mura chapter 5 . 5/24/2012
I cant wait for C to meet K! omfg I was so excited when I saw you put a new chapter out :D be well!
Shiek927 chapter 5 . 5/12/2012
Alright, here's my "review"...love your dedication despite your work - can't wait to here from you! :)
anonymouse chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Please continue this story!

It's really good!
Vive la Vie chapter 4 . 5/1/2012
Your fanfic is the reason I found my old pw from when I was in middle school. I just finished the true cheater ending & your predictions of how it goes after is so yes. just yes lol

It's got me on the edge of my seat, your story is just chock full of potential.
Alicia Jewel chapter 4 . 3/6/2012
Great job giving Katherine a freaking heart attack, Vince. xD

I very much liked this chapter. The characters really seemed to pop to life here. I sure wasn't expecting to see Trisha or the twins show up! I wonder who her "guest" is...

It was a small section, but I also adored the scene with Erica and Toby. It (and the rest of this chapter, for that matter) felt very natural. But DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUN, the "plague" is starting again, even though Vincent said to cut it out! Who's making trouble this time?

There were a few little spelling errors I noticed in this chapter. "Her breathe" should be "Her breath," and "wrapping her knuckles" should be "rapping her knuckles," just to name a couple. But, hey, I'm picky like that. I also noticed that you used "next" in quite a few of your dialog tags.

Other than that, great chapter, as usual. I'm very curious to see what sheer insanity unfolds next!
Shiek927 chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
An interesting quote by Dumuzid this chapter...at least pilfering is better then misappropriating - if nothing else, it does feel like their is some truth to his (or rather, Henry Ellis') words...to know what you really need, and hold onto it, and let go of everything else...it's an important distinction and realization we all have to make at some point.

At any rate, I explained everything to you in our PMs already; reply from this review so we can start all over again :).
Anon Fanfic Reader chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
I read some of your updates in your profile and it really got me thinking. The part that Vincent( or Hell, the /game/) is kinda like the Lovers Arcana. Granted, I read about the Catherine wiki...

At first, I thought that this game was just about growing up and mature but there's more than that. This game is about meeting a crossroad of a relationship and the decision to either continue that relationship or do something entirely different. About at least, that's how i see it.

And I feel a little silly, 'cause I usually compare characters to all Arcanae to see what Arcana they fit the most.

Katherine- Empress Arcana ('nuff said)

Toby- Star Arcana (He's practically Teddie from "Persona 4", hopeful and positive ;-))

What was I suppose to do again...? Oh! Right, a review!

Katherine's reaction is realistic and in character. I'd freak out to if my ex is currently a lord of the Netherworld... And aah! Near Tentecal rape!But don't worry! Vincent saves the day!

Heh, the rolls are reversed it seems. Before, Vincent was hiding Catherine from Katherine and now, it's the other way around.

The Twins are here and something /huge/ is even bigger than I love their I'm really curious about their mysterious origins, was a little disappointed when the game kept us in the game about that.

Erica and Toby have such an awkward relationship right now. We never saw what happened to the side characters in the Chaos ending. We saw some in the Law ending but not the conclusion of Erica and Toby.

Which reminds me: Did Orlando ever got back together with his ex? Meh, probably not...

Y'know, I always that you'd make Vincent Lawful, but I'd never once thought that you'd maybe make Katherine go over to the Chaotic side. Wouldn't /that/ be interesting?

Well, you're probably tired of me rambling so I end it here.

As always, looking forward to the next update!

PS. I'm "Fanfic Reader" but with an "Anon" in front. ;-)
Zenx chapter 3 . 2/24/2012
Oh, I love the way you write. I can't help it, I get excited each chapter.

For this one, I really like how well you flesh out your original character, Paul. He's realistic, as if he was in the game, and he's actually likable. I wonder where you will take him?

You keep Vincent well in character, even in sides that we haven't seen him in game. His demonic self comes out, but he stutters and is uncertain sometimes, like his old self. Which is realistic, consider how Katherine reacts to him, he probably goes back to his old self when confronted by her anger.

I started a piece of work for this, the bathroom scene. I have to redo it though, cause I reread today and it's very off from your descriptions.

Keep writing!
Rachel chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
This story is really really amazing. You were able to make everyone act in character and this is very well written. I am obsessed with this fanfic and i really cant wait until the next chapter. :D i am not very good at making reviews but just know that this story is amazing and awesome!
Shiek927 chapter 3 . 2/9/2012
Hehe, well, I finally decided to get up and review this chapter; I'm hoping, when you reply to it, we can start a brand new PM chain - ours is getting kind of long XD.

I laughed at the quote...dumb Mutton; it's not smart to misappropriate ANYBODY's words _

What I loved most about this chapter was just how human everybody acted...It's difficult to explain but, I couldn't really blame anybody in this chapter for the way they acted (well, mostly)...everybody, from Kay, to Vince, to Paul, isn't necessarily trying to hurt anybody...

That doesn't mean they aren't necessarily being selfish - although I'm happy you didn't make him into a total clear-cut jerk, his reasoning still doesn't excuse him from his actions, even if he well articulated what he's been doing.

No, he's still definitely in the realm of Lawful-Self; he may have a plan in mind and isn't cheating on three different women all at once for cheap thrills (well, Catherine maybe), but he's still firmly selfish and his explanation doesn't excuse him from it.

Vincent as well, I have to say much on: number 1, I'm surprised and happy at how quickly he is progressing...in the opening at Chapter 1, he was plainly Chaotic-Self, and he quickly progressed to Chaotic-Others...he's still in that category here, but I get a strong sense that he's still moving faster and faster; his heart is opening up quicker then he himself probably realizes and, while this is a good thing, I'm surprised it's moving as fast as it is.

It makes me wonder actually just how long you plan to make this story - I thought it would be a very slow transition back to Order, but he's actually progressing quicker then I expected...this reaches it's climax in the ending which I can say I didn't expect - taking Kay to the world of Chaos is a huge huuuuge move and shows he's changing much faster then I expected. Well, even if he does return to Lawful-Others in record time, their are still plenty of loose-ends and things to tie up, so it can't end so fast unfortunatly for him.

Number 2, I unfortunately have to say he hasn't regained his common sense yet XD...as I said, from everybody's perspective, I can't totally blame anyone for how they acted (again, mostly)...Kay fits this the most - I'm shocked actually in how well she superficially is holding up...that she didn't let loose some F-bombs or cusses since Chapter 1 when her ex-boyfriend asked her to have a drink with her replacement...

Then breaking into her office, and now the ladie's bathroom? I almost laughed out loud when she asked him if he was on drugs, because, from her POV, that's what it must look like...realistically, I couldn't blame her if she put a restraining order on him or something because I can't blame her whatsoever for her frustration in him and, if anything, I'm surprised she hasn't voiced it louder by now.

I mean, when you think about it, he's essentially been stalking her...he cheated on her, and now is following her everywhere...She may love him, but even Katherine has limits - when you think about it, his indeciveness hasn't actually changed from her POV...he was indecisive before when he was cheating on her, and then presumably made up his mind...now his caring for her and trying to get in the way of Paul must, in her POV, just look like more of the same because now he's messing with her ability to see past him and get into a new relationship...

Honestly, when you think about it, Vincent's pretty dominating in his own way - that's why I say that, from Kay's eyes, it's amazing she hasn't completely exploded on him yet because he just looks like he's out of control. We know their is alot more to it then that, but from her, he just must look more and more dangerous actually.

I was also happy to see Kay with her friends as we discussed :p - her friends in particular...she said that "Steve" was the name of a baby that her friends had (can't recall the exact text), so I'm assuming Maggie must be the mother :).

I'm also not surprised to see her friends further pushing her into a relationship, and Kay is struggling not to be forced like that...love means too much to her and being 32 doesn't make her "old" or past a certain line or anything...if anything, it's good that she's taking this so seriously and isn't "locking" herself into a relationship that she isn't 100% sure is what she wants for the future.

Her friends and everyone else are trying to help, but I'm not getting the strong sense that they are really all that close...Kay and Maggie...I don't know, they just come off to me as acquaintences even though they are supposedly supposed to be childhood friends (then again, marriage may simply be the reason as you said); not the way the SS boys are with eachother...she doesn't come off as the kind of person Kay could go to if she needed a shoulder to cry on...if anything, the whole impression I got from Kay this entire chapter was one of loneliness - she's trying, but she's starting to cave :(

A few things caught my curiosity - I love "Astaroth's" portrayal in this...how has, understandably, has been completely unaffected by Vincent's rise - 'he' even seems to mess with him by interrupting his questioning XD, which was kind of funny. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what went on with Paul's conversation and his 'plan', but it's plain, Trisha has been putting her own plans into motion...Paul being so fearless has much to do, I think, because she's been explaining so much to him that Vince and the others hadn't found out until the very end...I can't wait to learn more but it's clear that Vince is for a couple more rude awakenings in the near-future. Who knows (well, you know XD), maybe Catherine and others are in this as well...point is, Vince's days as the new Demon King feel more and more numbered to me.

That said, it doesn't surprise that Paul really doesn't know anything about Kay...he only sees her superficial professionalism; I was confused for a second, because I thought the "bleeding-heart romance" was referring to her and not Trudy; oh the irony...

More thoughts will undoubtedly come in time, so I'll stop here...I love how the SS boys were just as perplexed as I figured they would be, and Boss, as ever, says and does little...your chapter is just as hidden with little gems as ever, so I'm going to enjoy analyzing this month :P
FanFic Reader chapter 3 . 2/7/2012
And the truth is reveald! I didn't think it would happen /this/ soon, oh well. Let's see Katherine's reaction to Demon Vincent and his life.

Ah, the guys are dealing with Vincent's return with mixed reactions; Jonny is pretty bitter while Toby is hopeful. But they all know that Vincent is gonna do something stupid, ( which he /kinda/ did...)

A question; are our favorite twins gonna make an apparance? I always liked Lindsay and Martha and their mysteriousness.

Looking forward towards the next update!

FanFic Reader