Reviews for The Promise of Nightmares
rebirth-flame chapter 1 . 4/13/2016
That was really great. I don't know if you can still receive review alert, but I wanna say, thank you for writing and sharing this story :)
trulysusie chapter 12 . 5/24/2015
I loved how Rinoa and Seifer were portrayed in this story! In most fics, Rinoa is usuall6 portrayed as a damsel in distress. Here she''s shown using her wits and her bravery. She''s still scared and she still needs Squall but she is also shown as someone very capale and dependable.
Seifer is still his arrogant and cocktails self but here he put his efforts for good. Saving the world while realizing his romantic dream. I love how formal he was with rinoa in the end.
Always loved reading about how he gives Squall a hard time.
And of course, squinoa
gleamfang chapter 12 . 1/11/2012
Wow that was a truly epic tale. Very interesting take on the GFs being able to materialize in a different manner as well as the unique abilities of Dahl, Rinoa and Ellone. I quite enjoyed that little bit on Ellone sending Dahl into himself. That was very quick thinking and while a little anti-climatic, was very smart.

Though I wish there would've been more Squinoa moments, Rinoa kicking ass is very cool too! Thanks for writing this but I do have to ask why did it seem like Ward could "talk" here. In one of the earlier chapters the SeeDs understood him...

Cheers

Keep Writing
DaughterOfSorceress-Lion chapter 12 . 11/5/2008
Ya ok so this is like from a long time ago, but still I must write. I loved it! Simple as. And This is probably silly, but I always thought squall and rinoa should go back out into space. hehe.
DaughterOfSorceress-Lion chapter 6 . 11/4/2008
Biggs, Wedge, George, Lucas. I laughed my ass off at that, I was almost falling out of my chair. ya I know not the best thing to review on. Anywho. Your story is very compelling. One of the better one's I must say. This is like awsome. Squall wake up dude.
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 12 . 4/17/2007
I'm not big on FF8 anymore and I hardy ever check out stuff from this fandom, but I had this story saved on my hard drive since hell knows when, and I thought I should at least give it a try. I'm glad I did! It was an amazingly captivating, well written tale. Everyone seemed perfectly in character and pretty heroic at the same time. I really liked the way you combined the main plot with non-action elements, such as the characters' emotional struggles; simply because it was so well balanced. Great job. I had lots of fun reading the fic.
Brett chapter 12 . 7/19/2006
Wow, a truly amazing follow-up for FFVI. All characters were extremely true to their personalities of the game, and the scenes were very vividly written. Definitely the best fan fiction I've ever read.
Anon chapter 12 . 3/14/2006
[Thunderous applause, as the standing ovation lasts several minutes]

The only fault I can really find is that Odine’s accent disappears, but the fact that I have to go to such a level before any problems come to light is, in and of itself, quite a compliment.

It essentially has everything to make a good story: a simple, yet sufficiently complex plot, the right balance between description and ‘leaving it to the imagination’, action scenes (the ‘other world’ is, to me, an original idea), mush, etc etc.

I’d also like to note that your command of the language is impressive, not only because your vocabulary is extensive, but also you seem to have as much knowledge of when to use as when not.

Frankly, this is as good as any published work I have ever seen, and while you shouldn’t let this get to your head (as it were), I’d say you have some real talent.

Just don’t let this be your only accomplishment, ya know?
JayLiyah chapter 12 . 1/10/2006
Wow.. just discovered this story two days ago looking for some good plots with the right mix of romance, action, drama and even suspense. I must commend you on your amazing story (although I know it's been almost 4 or 5 years ago you wrote this?) Wonderful knowledge of the fantasy world we've all come to know and love. Characterization seemed perfect as well. You should have got more reviews for this.. I hope you haven't given up writing.
Sparky Pants chapter 12 . 12/12/2005
I found this story last night and just finished today, and only stopped reading when i had to sleep, eat or go to my lectures. I absolutely loved it. Everything about it was amazing, you even managed to make Rinoa likeable, which is a feat indeed in my opinion! Everything was brilliant, especially your descriptions, some of them were almost poetic.

It looks like you haven't written anything in two years, so asking for another FF8 story seems a little pointless, but i can tell you i'd definately read it if you did.
RogueCanuck chapter 12 . 12/3/2005
There are few stories I've read based on Final Fantasy VI that I have read through as fast as yours. Your characterization of each person fit seamlessly with how the game itself portrayed them. Your grasp of their inner struggles had me almost breathless as I read each word.

Even thinking for five minutes, I can't find anything to detract from your writing. I hope to see more of your writing sometime.
Karla3 chapter 12 . 1/3/2005
I first read this on and now that I've found it here I get the chance to commend you on such a fantastic story. Your way of writing is flawless, to the point that nothing else needs explaining and all the characters feelings are not only known but completely explored by the end of the chapter. The many plotlines fitted together so perfectly and you have a unique way of twisting humor into the mix. This is by far one of the best ff8 fictions I have ever read. Thanks! _ Oh and the comment Laguna made about Nida to Squall? "What's his name?" Hahaha...
The Jack of Spades chapter 12 . 7/24/2004
I'm barely able to find the words to express how much I enjoyed this. From start to finish it was absolutely wonderful: the characters were in character, the wording was impeccable, the plot was a smooth continuation from where it ended in the game. It just swept me off my feet :) Congratulations on a truly excellent piece of work.
reader chapter 12 . 7/22/2004
wow! that was really great story! _ I loved it! thanks so much for writing it :)
flare draco chapter 12 . 6/5/2004
wow...Ive finished the lost story...dont get me wrong, but between the first two chapters and the rest of the story have been almost four years. I read them on an other site and thought "wow...great story"..back then I didnt know that existed and I had been really sad that the story was "over" after the first two chapters.

Because I wasnt able to get online at home (only from time to time at school), I copied the two chapters, pasted them into a word doc. and saved them.

Some time ago, when Ive been checking the favourites of other authors I happened to stumble across P.O.N. and thought "hey, the title sounds familiar"...so I checked my "private" archive ( hard disc of my PC) and there it was...Ive been so happy that that story has actually an end..and I absolutely loved it.

Now Ive been able to complete the story..thank you