Reviews for Power Hungry
QueenVulca chapter 1 . 10/29
An effing awesome fic!
mythaeology chapter 1 . 10/28
I like this pairing, strangely enough. A fantastic fic!
nonameno5 chapter 1 . 10/2
Can you believe, I forgot to say, but the image came up in my head right now after I of course hit 'post', and dear god, I am SNORTING over Barty trying to peel his pants off and not getting it done in any remotely fluid motion. This fic is funny, it went without mentioning last. You really nailed it with this one.
nonameno5 chapter 1 . 10/2
OOOH but thank you for writing this because your Barty here is exactly! what I’ve been searching for: always absolutely mad or close to it, persistent like a woodpecker on Grimmauld’s door, thorough *low whistle* like Hermione’s an exam he wants to ace (and claps for each time he alludes to his ‘research’! Oh Barty such initiative, such drive, such euphemisms, thirsting for that new Everything of yours to please and power), and creepy on a painfully delightful scale with the stalking and the lurking and the intensive shadowing, never mind the witnesses! Can you tell I massively enjoyed this yet, goodness, I’ll keep summarizing this with outrageous terms, but in my head!

Okay but I’ll gush a tad more bc Hermione! Poor dear has to deal with all this madness! (I forgot and remembered in a moment that this can technically qualify as a holiday fic. Nice bc it’s subtle, or maybe the whole Hermione/Barty banter and dance here are just *that* greatly distracting to me) Anyway (so sidetracked), Hermione’s curious and sympathetic to her own detriment at times. I want to pat her hand and tell her, darling no do not even talk to this fresh hell standing in the stacks next you, but then this business would have ended right then and we can’t have that.

That last moment of him watching her sleep (of course) and pinching Hermione JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS—pondering (however absently and distantly? hmm) how much can he get away with, how much can he push the constraints of anything e.g. Hermione’s slumber vs stimulation (ah yes, such an inquisitive mind)—this is SO Barty. It’s a small detail and it fits his character so well and manages to be different from the assumed petting/soft stroke path the idle play of fingers would seemingly take in the morning, but ohhohO not for Barty, no.

Little things, I love it.

My arms flailed when I saw you also wrote CENTURY MAKER. OMG *bows down, like real low* your ao3 name is different so I didn’t connect the dots (a tumblr someone recc'ed it). THAT PREMISE HAUNTS ME. (Okay, so I haven’t hardcore scoured but) it hasn’t been done to my limited knowledge near in the way you approached it, and it just so happens that it was PERFECT, just a wonderful balance of Hermione in moments—never overextended in any particular one, just so well done—pressing in and out of his life, and so worn down in the personal sacrifice and burden of influencing one crucial component, even assuming that influence will take hold or take hold in the way desired. The questions against variables, redemption, intervention, timing (of course), and supposed hard seals of fate it teases out of each adjustment she makes is consuming and satisfyingly presented (exhibit a, still thinking and going on about it, *chills out*)

I bequeath thee this scary wall of text. Thank you for the excellent stories!
AliBelly chapter 1 . 7/27
Awesome short fic :D Love it
wolfstars chapter 1 . 7/17
Excellent
Kayxbear chapter 1 . 7/12
Oh what a lovely story!
SilverLionness chapter 1 . 6/27
Wow, I heard David Tennant's Scottish Voice through that all and he does have wide eyes that can look hungrily at someone. I prefer him in Broadchurch than Doctor Who but oh crumbs!
ksouza3 chapter 1 . 6/5
This was such an odd pairing and I was very weary of how you could make this work without limit being too OOC, but you proved me wrong. You had a perfect amount of humor and feelings and pity that I really loved the story. I loved the plot cause you made the situation work for your needs and made me want them to finally get together. Even though Barty is a bit unhinged, you still had me rooting for him. Lol. Thanks for writing!
UnicornMist chapter 1 . 5/8
I didn't see that ending coming! Great story, would love to read a sequel. Thanks for sharing.
sakuras.horcrux chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
Aw man, I ship it now!
Account Killer Old Account88 chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Awesome story
Anastasoula chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read and I love it.
SharpMaze chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
It's always so sad to see a self-concious Hermione, so I'm really happy to read about someone who gives her such devotion 3 I really like your story
Shady185 chapter 1 . 5/23/2014