Reviews for To You, Love Emily
Guest chapter 10 . 4/17/2014
I really like this story! I enjoy your take on Lola and I really like Mattie and Emily. I would love to know what happens with Mattie and Thad! Please update soon!
meteorfalls chapter 10 . 1/5/2014
I really love both of your characters. I don't see why you'd worry about any of them being a mary sue :)
I like that you're developping Lola. She's my favorite character, and that's saying something, because I love them all.
I was wondering if you were going to pair Emily or Mattie with anyone? And if so, then who? I know you spoke about Gary, and that's probably what most people would like to see, but... I'm a bit tired of him. He's everywhere. I'd like to read something that's not about him for once (but that's just my opinion).
I'll be waiting for an update :)
ExtraCheeseCake chapter 2 . 12/27/2013
I really enjoy the story so far. I like Matilda but don't make her TOO ''cool'' and stuff because that'd ruin it. Keep going! Hope I learn from you! :)
ProfessorBanshee chapter 9 . 6/23/2012
An update, yay

I'm really liking your characterization of Lola. It's great to see her being friendly with an OC, but still in-character.

My one crit is that the word "stony" in the first paragraph is a bit weird, because it's being used to describe smoke. Sure, it's thick smoke, but probably not thick enough to change into a different state of matter :P
Metmalila chapter 8 . 4/9/2012
I absolutely love your story! I love how you use characters that are usually forgotten or ignored; it makes your fic unique.

I enjoyed reading this chapter very much, I love Emily and Lola's friendship, and the dress up part was so adorable. You repeated some ideas a few times, like when you wrote: "I'd wore tons of makeup at my old school; foundation, eyeliner, mascara, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss, eyeshadow, straightened hair, nail polish."

then you repeated it again in another paragraph. also, Lola did Emily's hair twice, the first time was before the sentence quoted and then she unplaited Emily's hair again after it.

Try updating soon please :D
RM chapter 8 . 4/4/2012
I'd like to know more about Brad and old Emily please :)

I love how you write Lola, she can be a very nice friend really.

I sense something about Tad. Maybe it's just me (and my expectation) that there will be something between Tad and Emily? Ha, maybe it's just me.

Anyway more Mattie too, please :)
ProfessorBanshee chapter 8 . 4/3/2012
YESSS~

I missed this story so much!

My one crit is that the paragraph about Abby seems to go on for a bit longer than necessary - it's a really interesting little story, but I was kind of expecting it to connect to something at the end of the chapter. But if there's some kind of allusion to it later on, then it'll be a-OK.

Other than that, fabulous descriptions as always. I love how you're giving out Emily's backstory in pieces, instead of a huge infodump like most fanfictions. Really excited to find out more about this Brad character.
ProfessorBanshee chapter 7 . 3/15/2012
Gah, I fell behind in reading this .

Beautiful descriptions, as usual! I'm really liking Mattie so far - she's a bit more boyish than Emily, but not so much so that it makes her a ~special snowflake~ or anything. She seems like a regular kid.

So glad that Thad's made an appearance here. He's so much cooler than people give him credit for. Also, can't wait to see how things between Zoe and Mattie play out.
Guest chapter 7 . 2/7/2012
It was an ok too much happened tho so it was kind of just a filler chapter. Keep writing I like the story so far.
lazy4ever chapter 7 . 2/4/2012
i think mattie's alone and doesn't have that much friends to talk too.

you could improve on mattie's motives like whats she interested in and what is she planning on doing

Dream Of Rose Petals chapter 7 . 2/4/2012
This story is good, but I think you are focusing more on what everyone else wants.

I think the best advice I could give you, is just write what you want to write. Writing to please everyone else makes stories seem kinda hollow.
lazy4ever chapter 6 . 1/21/2012
i think you should focus on mattie a little bit more but im so excited about emily and saturday night.

moneygrowsontrees chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
i this !
musictimebomb chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
lazy4ever chapter 5 . 1/17/2012
i don't think emily is too cliche but you could give her more insight

i would like to know more about her background:)