Reviews for Three Christmases
Just For Today chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Such a lovely story, and it seems everyone will find happiness. _ You've captured the characters so well!
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
What is this, I don't even...can we e-hug? I think we should e-hug. Wow. Okay. First of all, I'm astonished that you wrote this for -me-, because it feels as if you've crawled into my brain and thought, "Hmmm, now what is most relevant to Scarlet's life and interests?" Then, bam, you wrote it.

This is probably unintentional on your part, but I related to Mary more than I usually do in this story. I think it might be the situation you put her in-and, even moreso, the way she handled it. As someone who has been in the awkward scenario you put Mary in here, I want to say it's very believable, and very well-executed on your part. First person was a smart move here, and Mary's thoughts made the story spark.

"I could do this because it was a dream. Because he wasn't dating Claire. Because he wasn't avoiding seeing me all the time. Because there was still hope for a different ending. Because I still loved him."

In that short snippet, you've managed to convey a universal experience that's in-character, heart-wrenching, and beautifully selfish all at once. Kudos to YOU.

I also like Claire's humanization. Great choice to make her a good guy. Really great. It's complicated and messy, but in the best way. And the ending? Perfect.

Well look how merry you've made me! Fave-ing for sure. You're a very talented writer, Winter Oak, and I'd never have believed you didn't play a Mineral Town game. You sure you're not just pulling our legs on that? ;)
Shimmerleaf chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This is simply amazing, and I never would've guessed that you hadn't played any Mineral Town games before.

Everything, from the plot to the way it was written to the characters was just stunning in how well it flowed. I couldn't stop reading once I started and found myself just staring at the screen afterwards. Truly amazing.

Happy Holidays~
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This was great, Winter Oak! I never would have known you hadn't played Mineral Town before if you hadn't mentioned it at the end. (Then again, maybe I should have since I was your Secret Santa last year and it wasn't one of the games on your list... now ain't that ironic? :P )

Anyway, the story itself was very cute and the descriptions you used made the emotions Mary felt realistic as well as relatable. Also, I loved the whole "Christmas Carol" feel to it, whether you intended it that way or not. (:

Hope you had a merry Christmas!

-Butterfly
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Oh wow. This...this is BEAUTIFUL.

I loved this. You could tell that you've put a lot of thought into the whole plot and characterization and everything. I am left speechless.

Scarlet's a lucky recipient this year. :)

Peace Out~