Reviews for Final Fantasy III: The Legend of The Eternal Wind
It's been a while but I finally caught up to the updates and I gotta say, I'm enjoying this with every chapter! The little extras you added with aria were great and I felt so sad when her death came, especially since she had that scene with luneth, and luneth's grief afterwards is so jarring I love it. It make a total sense too, he didn't have time to recover. India hovering and being the group mom is everything I imagined it to be, and nice to see refia and arc slowly developing, it helps make them feel really gradually changing.
I'm loving the fights more and more, the so much detail and yet so much movement and really clear to imagine too. Great work so far, I'm looking forward to the rest!
Draconai chapter 24 . 6/21
Not too shabby. This was pretty good despite your claims of hatred. Working on my mobile, but I think you deserve a rating scale again.

DUNGEON TRIP: WONDERFUL ***** All the shiny gold is a pain enough just on a screen, I pity the poor Warriors for having to trek through it.
FIGHT SCENES: WONDERFUL ***** Clashes with the gold inhabitants, check. Goldor's battle at the crystal, check. Everything is perfect.
ACTION INTERLUDES: WONDERFUL ***** Well, I guess "interlude" isn't really the word for it at the START of the chapter, but you get my point. The continuation of last chapter's finish was absolutely perfect.
UPDATE RATIO: EXCUSABLE: ** A combination of plentiful descriptions, something you hate, and plentiful descriptions OF something you hate means it was never going to get out quickly.
IMPLICATIONS: WONDERFUL ***** Ingus' horrified realization is absolutely perfect.
CosmicDucks chapter 21 . 4/30
Poor Aria. Always thought it was odd how little they touched on Aria's death. Although now that I think about it a lot of people die in this pretty light hearted game:
Desch (at least we think at first), the guy at the draws hollows, the other dude in the cave of shadows, Alus' dad,Aria, all those people on Cid's ship, and of course the main heros (even though they get brought back.
CosmicDucks chapter 18 . 4/30
"To ease his pain and theirs of listening to him" lol, best line
Draconai chapter 23 . 2/2
Good Goddess Etro, what is Refia doing, making a Sasune knight - and one in Viking garb no less - carry her through a sewer? {sigh} Anyways, not your longest chapter, but there's enough to it for a scale.

DUNGEON TRIP: IMPRESSIVE **** You managed to take a short, easy dungeon and make it positively -humanizing-, and for that you have my praise.
FIGHT SCENES: WONDERFUL ***** Okay, 'scene', I suppose. I know the DS version doesn't support eight enemies, but I still find it hard to believe that four frogs were enough to trap even old men. Increasing the enemies made it a lot more believable. And that was an excellent way to showcase Luneth's first Souleater.
ACTION INTERLUDES: IMPRESSIVE **** I want to say 'there wasn't a lot of non-action', but in reality, there just wasn't a lot of ANYTHING. It was a short chapter. You did the non-action well.
UPDATE RATIO: [Um... is there a half-asterisk? I don't think there's a half-asterisk. Merde] EXCUSABLE ** I would not be able to do that ending scene without being red in the face. And because of that, I cannot judge you for your delay. I would personally advise not trying to stick to a schedule, because of the simple fact that the end result would be rapid-fire tiny chapters and/or a severe lack of sleep. Setting a goal and giving said goal physical form might help. Write it on your calendar.
IMPLICATIONS: WONDERFUL ***** 'Nuf said.
Draconai chapter 22 . 12/9/2015
Nice, short chapter. I really don't have much to say about this. Those old losers certainly made much more of an impression here than they did in the game.
Draconai chapter 21 . 11/8/2015
PRE-EMPTIVE POINTS
-Okay, wanted to get this out of the way; the passage of Aria talking about Luneth's hair and name and such was in there twice. I'm all but certain that was not intentional. You'll want to fix that.
-Also, I can't help it: I'm reading Ingus' lines in a Kain voice. I don't know why, but something about Ingus seems like a Liam O'Brien character.
-One thing that ALWAYS sticks out for me: Eternal Wind era. Warriors of -the- Light.
-That F-Bomb... was a bit out-of-nowhere. If you want to keep this at a T rating, you CANNOT drop another F-Bomb in the WHOLE fic. You can't. If you're going to rate it T, you can only have ONE F-Bomb. Fair warning.

Okay, nice long chapter. I think you deserve the rating scale again.

DUNGEON TRIP: WONDERFUL ***** Just by having the party call a break, you have managed to capture exactly how much of a pain the Cave of Tides is. Good goddess Etro, if this game could only have two save points, they go in the Cave of Tides and the World of Darkness.
FIGHT SCENES: WONDERFUL ***** If the game's level pacing allowed it, I would quite possibly be MORE violent than Luneth was right here if not for the fact that I cannot POSSIBLY be more violent than Luneth was right here.
ACTION INTERLUDES: WONDERFUL ***** Fleshing out the relation between Luneth and Aria was a brilliant choice. Normally, I would call quick on that kiss, but Luneth's emotional state plus Aria waking to an unfamiliar world plus fate/Square being a sadistic little sonova- justifies any haste you have the stones to write.
UPDATE RATIO: EXCUSABLE ** I was going to call BS on your delay until I compared pre-update/post-update word counts. 103397 didn't look excessive, but checking my mobile said 88k. Refreshing said mobile said 103k. YOU PERFORMED A SINGLE UPDATE OF FIFTEEN THOUSAND WORDS. I have never done a chapter higher than nine thousand. That single-handedly justifies any delay.
IMPLICATIONS: UNACCEPTABLE * Ruining the atmosphere is one thing. Pretending everyone is dead is not. #HypocriticalHumor I expect you to apologize for that at the start of the next chapter.
Draconai chapter 20 . 8/10/2015
Well, then! You weren't kidding when you said self-depreciation gets you working. Very much liked this chapter. Silas... I know that name, I think I know where you got that name from. Really liked the scenes with Arc & Refia and Luneth & Arc. One thing I wanted to point out: I don't think the Wheel of Time actually gets CONSUMED when you make an airship with it... but your wording is vague enough that it might just be me looking at it the wrong way.

All in all, wonderful as ever!
Draconai chapter 19 . 7/13/2015
I'm certain I would love to know why you were up in the 3:00-4:00 range. I certainly hope you had some sugar and/or caffeine to compensate.
Alright, ratings!

DUNGEON TRIP: WONDERFUL **** Castle Hein doesn't have quite as much TO it as the Molten Cave does, and what there is is rather... confusing. As such, the lesser dungeon scene is no fault of yours - and what's more, you compensate by providing some character relations within.
FIGHT SCENE(S): WONDERFUL ***** It's strange how it took me your fic to realize WHY Hein is so resilient against non-elemental physical attacks. Nonetheless, the function is wonderful! As for the lesser fights, you managed to put JUST the PERFECT amount of detail into the ones with the mages that it shows WHY a party of mages is a horrible idea.
ACTION INTERLUDES: IMPRESSIVE **** Loved that conversation between Luneth and Refia at the start, the story about the wannabe armoury thief was funny, and I HAD to read Luneth's lines out loud when he was taunting Refia.
UPDATE RATIO: WELL-DONE *** You have managed to maintain the quality of your writing while improving the speed of your update, and what's more, you have given fair warning if the next chapter is significantly delayed. Very honourable.
IMPLICATIONS: EXCUSABLE ** Ah, the bane of literation (novelization, whatever) writers everywhere. A plot twist of mind-screwing and/or heart-wrenching intensity MUST be honoured in the form of a cliffhanger or -In Medias Res-, and yet if the base of the story is not known to damn near everyone already, an audience will self-mandate personal witness before observing the author's version and the inevitable added flavour. Aiya...
Sanokal chapter 18 . 6/7/2015
Very well done. I have a feeling that I need to reread this story.
Draconai chapter 18 . 6/7/2015
Aiya... I'm gonna have to binge this fic again to figure out what's implications and what's just me being a KH-corrupted reader, but let's set aside the relationship-type stuff and just get on to the hard stuff.

DUNGEON TRIP: WONDERFUL ***** That makes so much more sense than them wading through lava. AND you managed to sneak in a scene from the opening FMV! Nicely done.
FIGHT SCENE: WONDERFUL ***** For all you spoke of disliking, it seems that delay paid off. I loved it!
ACTION INTERLUDES: IMPRESSIVE **** I was wondering when they were going to get the idea of Sleep-ing Luneth for the healing.
UPDATE RATIO: EXCUSABLE ** Given the quality, I can pardon your laziness, but I should like to see the dam burst and the
IMPLICATIONS: CLEVER LITTLE SNEAK ****** Is that what I think it is on the last line...?
im-a-tumor chapter 17 . 8/4/2014
It would make sense for Ingus to have not grown up 'normally' since I think he was raised in the Castle. Your fight scenes are always interesting!
Draconai chapter 17 . 7/26/2014
I would love to know how you managed to get the non-mobile site to agree with you on a smartphone. Regardless, this was HILARIOUS and AWESOME. The split fight with Gutsco managed to double me over in both amusement and awe, so congrats on that. As always, Luneth and Refia's bickering is no end of amusement. Congratulations on all counts!
im-a-tumor chapter 16 . 3/25/2014
Yay another chapter! I did like that Ingus flashback there. And man, desch's toll on everyone...
Oh look, Dwarves! I think in the original game you just stroll into their cave right? This feels a lot more quest like xD
The Trailblazer chapter 16 . 3/20/2014
Wow! It's chapter 16 already?! I feel like it wasn't too long ago that this story started.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the flashback of the past, I think you portrayed the parents feelings really well, their sadness for not being able to see their son grow up. I feel like most people would just write that they were sad over dying or worried over if their son would live or not but what you did seemed more real. Like, I truly believe a parent in that situation would be sad to not see their child grow up.

I also liked the brotherly moment with Arc and Ingus, actually I always love reading about those too together. They are so different but yet so alike and that's what makes them such great brothers :D

Also the dwarf part was hilarious! xD And I agree with Refia about men!