Reviews for Bring It On
Sailor Pandabear chapter 3 . 10/3/2014
interesting
Ryuus2 chapter 3 . 9/18/2014
It's quite obvious what happened to change the world. Souken went to Masaki's funeral to give his condolences, and while there tried talking to Ichigo, leading to your earlier teaser about Ichigo asking for training. Because Souken had to start training Ichigo as well, he missed his Mayuri-assisted death. Or he was saved by Ichigo recklessly charging to his teacher's aid like Ichigo does. Even as novices, I can see Ichigo and Uryuu just managing to fell one Hollow while Souken handles the rest.

This is a very odd contrast. With Souken alive, Uryuu isn't the (justly) Shinigami hating ass he is in cannon, while Ichigo has laid the blame for his mother's death (childishly) upon those who weren't there to save her instead of carrying it all on his own shoulders as per cannon. It will be interesting to see the two of their personalities develop as things progress, and when it all comes to a head at Grand Fisher's appearance...it'll be explosive.

Keep up the great work!
Glaux Bryonia chapter 3 . 9/1/2014
Very interesting, I love the twist you gave the story. Thank you for writing, I'll be waiting for the next chapter.
EternityDragon2610 chapter 3 . 7/24/2014
Hope this ain't dead, seems like an awesome idea and it'd be a shame to see it unfinished :D
He-Who-Has-Too-Many-Hyphens chapter 3 . 7/15/2014
Plsssssssssssssssss continue! Plsplsplsplsplsplspls
9foxgrl chapter 3 . 5/30/2014
ha cool
The Dark Eccentric chapter 3 . 3/13/2014
So I'm guessing this story mostly revolves around less enmity between the Kurosaki and Ishida, so after (or maybe even before) Masaki's deatht eh family's were closer. Ergo Uryu and Ichigo became friends earlier, Souken was saved somehow due to the familial ties, and took Ichigo on as an apprentice. Seen a similar story around this idea (though Souken was dead and it was Isshin training Ichigo after using the Shattered Shaft to turn him into a Viizard at a younger age) even before Masaki's background as belogning to the Ishida clan was revealed. Really the fans figured that one out long before. Come to think of it, looking at the update and especially published date here this likely came out before the reveal too didn't it?
The Dark Eccentric chapter 2 . 3/13/2014
So I was right about it being Ichigo and Ishida and about it being an AU! Just didn't guess all the details involved. So it seems at some point Ichigo's Fullbring powers manifested and he was picked up by Souken alongside Uryu as an apprentice. Guessing maybe Ichigo saved Souken or Souken generally didn't die. As for the hatred, perhaps Ichigo's whole family was killed. Maybe instead of Rukia showing up to save them it was Souken and just a little too late.
Guess I'll wait and see.
The Dark Eccentric chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Well until you said Fullbring I thought it might be Ishida and Ichigo (though the blade of black reiatsu threw me off a bit). Thought it might be an AU where Ichigo got his powers another way or before Rukia met any of the gang.
Now that you said that though...yeah I still don't know. Interesting beginning though.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 3 . 1/27/2014
...pfff ha ha ha. Yep, everyone's in character. Uryuu is more mellow b/c his grandfather is still around, and Ichigo is one h*ll of a lot more aggressive and DOES NOT LIKE shinigami due to his mother's death (and being less clueless) in this AU. I noticed that Isshin used some spirit-energy trick to split that pillow (a wooden sword does not have any cutting edge, duh) and Karin mentioned seeing a Hollow, so the Kurosaki family in general would know more about the spirit world than in canon.

Also, a little canonical and non-canonical Fridge Horror: We know Uryuu is killing hollows like in canon, and that Quincy arrows apparently destroy souls (though chapter 565 has raised the exact mechanics of that into question), but what does Fullbring do to the formerly-human souls of Hollows?
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 3 . 10/31/2013
this has a ton of potential
Cute Kirby chapter 3 . 10/15/2013
Regarding the look of Ichigo's fullbring - It depends on how you want to spin his powers. In canon, I would venture to say that his fullbring was largely based on his bankai's form. He still has the potential to be a shinigami due to his lineage, but he's never been imbued with Rukia's powers to awaken it. I think you should alter the design according to what you want to imply about his powers as a whole. Since what he's most familiar with at the moment is Quincy powers, perhaps his fullbring should reflect that in some way.
Cute Kirby chapter 2 . 10/15/2013
Some of my guesses were right! Whoop! Still not sure if the Quincy bracelet belonged to his mom, so we'll have to wait and see if I got that right.
Now, answers!
-Souken lives- Perhaps Ichigo helped out? That could also be how they met. Or maybe they met and then he helped out.
-meeting- If they didn't meet when Souken was supposed to have died, maybe Masaki introduced them? She is related, after all. Or perhaps Ichigo and Ishida became friends at a younger age and they met because of that.
-Shinigami hatred- Obviously Ichigo's upset that his mother was killed by a Hollow that had been running loose for decades. It had even killed Shinigami, for crying out loud, why was there not a seated officer or two out trying to get this thing?!
Cute Kirby chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Answer Time!
-mysterious hunters- Ichigo and Ishida, obviously (why he insists on wearing white . . .)
-"old man"- Souken lives?!
-fullbring item- Hmmm, something precious to Ichigo before he met Rukia, so maybe something that belonged to his mother? Unless his mom lived. Or perhaps his hair! That just popped into my head, and it definitely fits the requirements. No idea how he'd make a sword of it, though. Bummer.
-the wanted nail- There's too many possibilities, but it has to be something that happened at or before the time Souken would have been killed. Maybe concerning Masaki, or Bach (although I'm pretty sure this was published before he came into the picture in canon), or even something much, much earlier, like Aizen never becoming a shinigami (though that seems unlikely, seeing as how most fanfic authors don't just evaporate major villains before the story even starts).
Convenient Alias chapter 3 . 9/15/2013
Finally checked to see if this was ever updated. And it was! Yaaaaay...
Really like the idea of Ryuuken just sitting back and watching Isshin tease Ichigo. Because he's so dignified it isn't good enough to tease someone, he has someone else to do it for him.