Reviews for The Third Christmas
librarywitch chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Love it.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Oh, what a lovely and heartbreaking story. (sobs, sniff)
scuttlesworth chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Oh goody, a story that doesn't end with me crying! :) You're a danm good writer. :)
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
ugh, all the feels! lol, fantastic job, though i didn't expect anything less from you ;)
DragonRose888 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
This story was so cute :3
Dark Caustic chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
What are you doing to me?

And how come you are so unbelievably talented that you write these stories that haunt me for ages. I love this, so much.

It's so deliriously heartbreaking. You write these lines that echo for so long.

I really enjoyed this piece, immensely. I cannot even quantify it.

The dull horror at the thought of spending Christmas with Harry.

And Molly's message. The "How did people do it?" (I felt *just* like that when my ex and I broke up. I would get up and have no idea how to function or how anyone functioned after a breakup).

"The pain is bigger than he is..."

That's the thing about John, that he's short, but he's actually an imposing man - a man you notice and listen to, so the idea that something is bigger than him, it must be huge and all consuming.

"an entire year has passed without Sherlock being in it..."

John before Sherlock and John with Sherlock are not the same person at all, are they? It's not like he could just go back to "nothing ever happens to me" John Watson, who he was before Sherlock, because he was missing something and wasn't sure what, but now he *knows* what he's missing and that makes it so heavy.

And him destroying the Christmas decorations. There is something so perfectly John about that. He hasn't to break something to feel a bit better, but it doesn't work.

And your line about Mycroft not being lost, not like John. I can see it so clearly. How on earth did you get to be this talented?

These are the lines that really echo:

"The flat is too quiet, too still, too dreary, too dull, too boring, too lonely.

Around midnight, there is a welling in him.

Too still, too bland, too sad, too big, too small, too many empty spaces and nothing to fill them with."

You have given his loss such a presence. It's so heavy, it's physical. All those empty spaces. I can see John just full of holes and unable to understand why nothing fits, nothing fills anymore. It's such a sharp image, it really stayed with me.

"then he stops, stares into the distance above bare tree branches and festively lit flats. It's late and it's dark and he's standing in the street with a dead man on Christmas Eve."

Wow... It makes me think of "First Snowfall on Brooklyn" by Jehtro Tull. And how there is something magical about nights durning the Christmas season - that anything feels possible but it's too much to hope that something could actually happen.

And that is the perfection, Sherlock response - it's not Christmas anymore. He seems so lost. That he just had to be where John is but he almost doesn't know why. Neither one of them know why, it just has to be.

and now, I really want to know if Sherlock like's fruitcake or not.

I love the way you end your stories - they wrap up so perfectly and always leave something with the reader.

I am highly jealous of your talent. Please keep writing.

This story is so lovely, I don't know why it doesn't have more comments.

So, thank you for this.
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Very nice story. I think it's effective because the language is simple. The moments that stick out for me are:

Mycroft may feel the loss, but he is not lost.

"I'm afraid I can't say the same."

"What are you doing here?"/"You're here."
Zchocolatebunniesrulezworld chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
What I liked about this (aside from, like, everything XD) was John's utter shock at seeing Sherlock again. There are plenty of Reichenbach fics out there, and John seems to always have either an instant 'RAAGE' reaction or goes 'sex now plz'...it's too abrupt...but here, he just went blank. I'd be like that too, for a little bit, while my mind would be stuck on "What the hell" or white noise or something.

...and then the sweetness. 'tis adorable
CelebratoryPenguin chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
"It's late and it's dark and he's standing in the street with a dead man on Christmas Eve."

Nothing the BBC presents us for the start of S3 would ever be as perfect as the sentence you've woven. Brilliant, just...brilliant.
mattsloved1 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
You always write such lovely stories. Sometimes you hurt a bit when you read parts of them but that just makes the happiness at the end that much sweeter. Thanks! :)
haveacreamteaonme chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Aww between this and the doctor who Christmas special, I'm a pile of warm and fuzzy! Merry Christmas ( or boxing day) and here's to 2012!
Ashcat chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
A lovely sweet holiday story! I quite enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!