Reviews for Rank and File Derek Adams
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
'A huge, fat Muggle boy and his friends had cornered two little girls outside a confectioner when Derek had found them. But his Mum was a good woman, Muggle or no; he'd not gotten in any trouble at all once she knew what had been going on, and she'd given an earful herself to the boy's mother when she had come howling about the 'awful hooligan' who had pummeled 'Iddle Diddikins'.' - Would that be Dudley Dursley, perchance?
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
They'd put him on the doors with Macmillan, Taylor, Thomas, and Williams. Just seeing the five chosen for the position had given him the first dark warning what might be coming. No witches. No Order – too valuable. Two Ravenclaws who were well-known to have nearly wound up in Slytherin for their ice-cold consciences, a combined quarter-ton of raw Hufflepuff stubbornness, and a Gryffindor that had admitted openly that he was there because "I'm disposable until I have a wand." This was not a line-up selected for a tea party.

I love this paragraph. It really describes what having to hold the doors would be like. Oh man, Derek. I wish he and Stephen had been able to go on and live their life together... especially without either of the Carrows being completely close-minded.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 12/28/2011